bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

42 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Mind blowing what we were facing a year ago. Operation Warp Speed indeed.

To better clarify:

1. Germany funded Pfizer's development of the vaccine, not the US.
  2. The mRNA technology already existed, and is owned by Pfizer's parent company, BioNTech (another German firm), who supplied it to Pfizer.
  3. All the US did was to commit to buying the vaccine, who's development and production was funded by Germany.
  4. No one had to build new factories.
  5. Moderna's expedited rollout was due to outsourcing production to manufacturers who already had the infrastructure in place.

Don't get me wrong - credit to the last administration for prioritizing the rapid roll out to state and local agencies. Imagine how much more ahead of the game we would have been if they hadn't ignored the 'last mile' of vaccine distribution channels or taken testing (and the virus) as seriously early on as they did the trailing end process of developing a vaccine. :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

7 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

To better clarify:

1. Germany funded Pfizer's development of the vaccine, not the US.
  2. The mRNA technology already existed, and is owned by Pfizer's parent company, BioNTech (another German firm), who supplied it to Pfizer.
  3. All the US did was to commit to buying the vaccine, who's development and production was funded by Germany.
  4. No one had to build new factories.
  5. Moderna's expedited rollout was due to outsourcing production to manufacturers who already had the infrastructure in place.

Don't get me wrong - credit to the last administration for prioritizing the rapid roll out to state and local agencies. Imagine how much more ahead of the game we would have been if they hadn't ignored the 'last mile' of vaccine distribution channels or taken testing (and the virus) as seriously early on as they did the trailing end process of developing a vaccine. :hmmm:

2 billion > 445 million.  

Today's Bob-like quote of the day:

“I would ask you — because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to — why weren’t we shut down for COVID-1 through -18?  There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID-1 through -18 didn’t shut anything down, but whoa, COVID-19, even though it’s 99.8 percent survivable. "

- Ted Nugent

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

Today's Bob-like quote of the day:

“I would ask you — because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to — why weren’t we shut down for COVID-1 through -18?  There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID-1 through -18 didn’t shut anything down, but whoa, COVID-19, even though it’s 99.8 percent survivable. "

- Ted Nugent

Let it be known, today and forever more: Don't take medical advice from aging guitarists. ... Unless it is Keith Richards' secret to immortality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Let it be known, today and forever more: Don't take medical advice from aging guitarists. ... Unless it is Keith Richards' secret to immortality.

Yup...in a nuclear war only cockroaches and Keith will survive.

• Like 2

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

6 minutes ago, RSF said:

Yup...in a nuclear war only cockroaches and Keith will survive.

If Moderna and Pfizer were really smart, they'd just use Richards' DNA as a vaccine. Cure the world of all disease. 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You copy paste from the same people and follow the orders from your masters on twitter without question.  And that is just covid.  Stop breaking your own windows

Too late. That house is shattered.

Celtics star Jayson Tatum told The Athletic he now has to take an inhaler to open up his lungs since he got COVID, something he never had to do before.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-oregon-6f7f919d27644d02c330da5a8648af95?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APWestRegion 

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — As states around the country lift COVID-19 restrictions, Oregon is poised to go the opposite direction — and many residents are fuming about it.

A top health official is considering indefinitely extending rules requiring masks and social distancing in all businesses in the state. 

The proposal would keep the rules in place until they are “no longer necessary to address the effects of the pandemic in the workplace.” 

Michael Wood, administrator of the state’s department of Occupational Safety and Health, said the move is necessary to address a technicality in state law that requires a “permanent” rule to keep current restrictions from expiring.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

So Example #4826 why India is f*cking retarded.

In response to a ridiculous parabolic spike in infections and hospitalizations, the govt has "limited" indoor gatherings (like for parties, weddings, et al) to 100 people.

So f*cktarded people are acting f*cktarded, returning to their lives and routines as if the pandemic is over. And this is the result:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-18-at-11-05-04-AM.pn

And it appears as if two of my wife's maternal aunts/uncles are among four family members now exhibiting symptoms after two of them went to a temple function, including O2 levels low enough my FIL had to sneak around and hunt for oxygen tanks. :facepalm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

49 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

So Example #4826 why India is f*cking retarded.

In response to a ridiculous parabolic spike in infections and hospitalizations, the govt has "limited" indoor gatherings (like for parties, weddings, et al) to 100 people.

So f*cktarded people are acting f*cktarded, returning to their lives and routines as if the pandemic is over. And this is the result:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-18-at-11-05-04-AM.pn

And it appears as if two of my wife's maternal aunts/uncles are among four family members now exhibiting symptoms after two of them went to a temple function, including O2 levels low enough my FIL had to sneak around and hunt for oxygen tanks. :facepalm:

I didn’t know there were so many old fat people in India. Maybe Bob can explain. 

• Haha 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say