bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

The ancient languages the Bible was written in didn't have a word for Religion, so, deny.

Koine Greek? Definitely has words for religion 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Go my first round of the vaccine today. Arm is sore but feel good otherwise. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Nice try @Bob.

Lol

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Your beloved Supreme Court ruled that each man is sovereign in relation to the state. Since you're a using a non sensical term to mock their decision, you must hate the supreme court. shame on you. 

I guess since catlick priests sleep with roofs over their heads, I have to tear mine off.

Still doesn't change the definition of satan, or any of the wrong bombs you're dropping.

Who said I loved the Supreme Court?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

30 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Koine Greek? Definitely has words for religion 

Going back and forth with Maynard is like a less fun version of sparring with bluetools. 

• Haha 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

35 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Going back and forth with Maynard is like a less fun version of sparring with bluetools. 

Nah, blues would spar with you on one thread and then stalk you on every other thread starting shit for daring to disagree

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I walk at least an hour every day. Early on I started taking photos of discarded/lost masks I came across on my walks and posting them on instagram. I've photographed more than 850. My avatar is Mil Mascaras. I figure I'll stop once I get a thousand photos. I pick up most of them. Lots of gloves out there too.

Picture2.jpg

• Like 3

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

31 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I walk at least a couple hours each night through the City to clear my head and I see masks all the time. They're everywhere. I don't pick them up because I don't know how up to date my tetanus shots are, but it's pretty filthy.

Yeah I'm pretty careful. I have one of those trash picker devices. I know I look like an old kook but who cares?

• Like 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah I'm pretty careful. I have one of those trash picker devices. I know I look like an old kook but who cares?

I'd think highly of someone picking up litter. You're helping the public out. Thanks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

The 2-3 weeks time frame is basically where I'm at. At the current rate of vaccinations, we should be around herd immunity by then.

It's frustrating reading some pretend as though the vaccines don't reduce transmission.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Been sayin it for a year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Maji said:

The 2-3 weeks time frame is basically where I'm at. At the current rate of vaccinations, we should be around herd immunity by then.

It's frustrating reading some pretend as though the vaccines don't reduce transmission.

I don't know that we're going to hit herd immunity. Kids can't get vaccinated and there are too many Bobs. But we can severely limit its transmission even without true herd immunity.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Joe Biden Lol GIF by NowThis

I just hope people listen to him. Meet people where they're at while encouraging best practices. Even in a worst case fourth surge, people are not going to be willing to go back to square one. Or even square two, or three.

Read in a Bernie voice. 

• Like 1

Remember how people were yammering about how social distancing, mask wearing businesses shutting down were going to result in mass suicides. 

According to the NHCS (National Center for Health Statistics) and the NVSS (National Vital Statistics System). Suicides were actually lower in 2020 than they’ve been in the previous four years.

• 2020: 44,834
  • 2019: 47,511
  • 2018: 48,344
  • 2017: 47,173
  • 2016: 44,965