bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, sebasour said:

Anyone here get the vaccine yet? I'm 27 with no real health issues, and was surprised to just get selected for 

Yes I just got my second Moderna tuesday!  There were many more problems from our group of a few hundred this time around!  One person ended up entubated but has recovered.  She had many allergies, as most with anaphylaxis do!  I had more also but nothing real horrible!  Just felt nauseous and tired for a few days.

Better then getting covid for sure

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sebasour said:

Anyone here get the vaccine yet? I'm 27 with no real health issues, and was surprised to just get selected for it. I was expecting to wait til Spring

How were you able to manage that? Were you a medical professional or one of the other select groups? 

51 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How were you able to manage that? Were you a medical professional or one of the other select groups? 

No clue. I signed up on the NM DOH website about a month ago not expecting to hear back for a long time, and they text me today

8 hours ago, sebasour said:

No clue. I signed up on the NM DOH website about a month ago not expecting to hear back for a long time, and they text me today

We can’t even sign up in Idaho until the group we are relegated to comes up. My group is supposed to get the vaccine in a week or two. 

9 hours ago, sebasour said:

Anyone here get the vaccine yet? I'm 27 with no real health issues, and was surprised to just get selected for it. I was expecting to wait til Spring

My parents (mid-70s) got their first shot yesterday (in San Diego). My wife and I are identified as home healthcare providers for my grandmother by her doctor and according to the county are eligible but haven't actively looked to book an appointment yet. I rather let all the older folks get theirs. 

• Like 2

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:09 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

My parents (mid-70s) got their first shot yesterday (in San Diego). My wife and I are identified as home healthcare providers for my grandmother by her doctor and according to the county are eligible but haven't actively looked to book an appointment yet. I rather let all the older folks get theirs. 

My Mom (83) got hers on Friday at Petco. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/23/2021 at 11:22 AM, Nevada6077 said:

Yes I just got my second Moderna tuesday!  There were many more problems from our group of a few hundred this time around!  One person ended up entubated but has recovered.  She had many allergies, as most with anaphylaxis do!  I had more also but nothing real horrible!  Just felt nauseous and tired for a few days.

Better then getting covid for sure

As of a few days ago the CDC reported 15 severe allergic reactions to Moderna and 45 to Pfizer.  In most all cases, the impacted person had a history of allergic reactions.  Such things are bound to happen with most any medication.  It’s a shame such rare events will be publicized and weaponized by the anti-vaxxers to discourage folks from getting it.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/22/cdc-reports-rare-allergic-reactions-to-modernas-covid-19-vaccine/

• Like 4

v0icAvfW.jpg

41 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

As of a few days ago the CDC reported 15 severe allergic reactions to Moderna and 45 to Pfizer.  In most all cases, the impacted person had a history of allergic reactions.  Such things are bound to happen with most any medication.  It’s a shame such rare events will be publicized and weaponized by the anti-vaxxers to discourage folks from getting it.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/01/22/cdc-reports-rare-allergic-reactions-to-modernas-covid-19-vaccine/

We are putting in much more intense allergic reaction protocols in place for the covid vaccine even though I'm pretty sure there is no evidence showing there is increased risk vs any other vaccine.

• Cheers 1

Well gents, I made it back to work today for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I’m feeling pretty good. I still have some fatigue and a couple of other weird quirks left over from my battle. But I’m back in the saddle again!

• Like 7
  • Cheers 6

Gavin Newsom has been following this thread apparently. They are continuing with the prioritizing of some essential workers (teachers, food/ag, first responders) in a second tier with people 65+, but after that they are transitioning to a strictly aged base rollout. 

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

A cat’s birthday party? Some people deserve COVID.  ...

I don’t actually believe that

I do.

Cats are the spawn of Satan.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.