bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Got mine.

Not even a sore arm.

I have a sudden desire to buy Microsoft products, though...

• Haha 4

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:45 PM, Del Scorcho said:

On 1/12/2021 at 1:54 PM, Mad_Hatter said:

Wow that’s fantastic thank you for posting. Lost my mom 15 years ago because of that awful disease. 

22 hours ago, son of a gun said:

My mom's been battling it since the 90s herself. She's in a a care facility so she can get 24 hour care. This really is great news!

Forwarding this to my wife immediately. She was diagnosed early last year. Her sister has it as well. They're both relatively fine, but stopping the progression would be monumental for both of them.

• Cheers 3
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Well gents, I will not make it through this pandemic unscathed. My test came back positive this morning. My symptoms started last Friday afternoon about an hour after I got home from work. Seeing as I’ve been working everyday since this crap began, I think I made a good run. Almost made it to the finish line. I’m doing ok, I have the body aches, chills, fatigue and a fever. The body aches feel like I’ve been hit by a 100 fastballs. Night time is when the symptoms are the worst. I’m not having any breathing issues so that’s a positive.
Im not sure how I got it. I wear a mask, wash my hands all the time, and I don’t go anywhere but work. I guess it was just my time. See you guys on the other side. I won’t be posting for awhile.

• Sad 7

8 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Well gents, I will not make it through this pandemic unscathed. My test came back positive this morning. My symptoms started last Friday afternoon about an hour after I got home from work. Seeing as I’ve been working everyday since this crap began, I think I made a good run. Almost made it to the finish line. I’m doing ok, I have the body aches, chills, fatigue and a fever. The body aches feel like I’ve been hit by a 100 fastballs. Night time is when the symptoms are the worst. I’m not having any breathing issues so that’s a positive.
Im not sure how I got it. I wear a mask, wash my hands all the time, and I don’t go anywhere but work. I guess it was just my time. See you guys on the other side. I won’t be posting for awhile.

Sometimes it’s just your turn. Hang in there.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:23 PM, jdgaucho said:

Meanwhile, the longer it takes to roll the vaccine out, the more California's governor feels the squeeze

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/11/gavin-newsom-california-scramble-fallen-apart-456665

Isn’t every large state struggling with the rollout? For that matter, isn’t every country struggling, outside of Israel? 

7 hours ago, sean327 said:

So sorry to hear that, man. Stay strong and I know you'll come through it OK.

8 hours ago, sean327 said:

Get well.

• Like 1

Take care. 

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I’m sorry man. Get well soon!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sean327 said:

Sorry to hear that man but I'm sure it'll be fine. 

8 hours ago, CV147 said:

Johnson and Johnson showing promise with their single dose vaccine. I wonder if their live virus method will hurt acceptance. After all that's how the zombie apocalypse happens, right?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/13/health/johnson-coronavirus-vaccine-early-trials/index.html

MMR is a live attenuated vaccine and now you're seeing measles making a comeback... <_<

18 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

MMR is a live attenuated vaccine and now you're seeing measles making a comeback... <_<

And you can thank the anti-vax movement for that.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2019/09/us-measles-cases-hit-1234-brooklyn-outbreak-called-over

Eighty percent of measles cases in Brooklyn occurred in children, and 73% of cases occurred in people who had never been vaccinated against the virus.

• Cheers 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, RSF said:

And you can thank the anti-vax movement for that.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2019/09/us-measles-cases-hit-1234-brooklyn-outbreak-called-over

Eighty percent of measles cases in Brooklyn occurred in children, and 73% of cases occurred in people who had never been vaccinated against the virus.

The anti-Vax movement is going to jump on the live Covid vaccine hard. Even harder than that Voodoo poster is getting on the current mRNA vaccine. As someone who extensively studied science in school, it sucks how many science denyers there are in this country and even the world.

1 minute ago, Stealthlobo said:

The anti-Vax movement is going to jump on the live Covid vaccine hard. Even harder than that Voodoo poster is getting on the current mRNA vaccine. As someone who extensively studied science in school, it sucks how many science denyers there are in this country and even the world.

The shit the antivaxx nutters are putting out on social media is insane.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

39 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

that’s not because of the vaccine...  it’s because of the number of folks NOT getting it has been rising for some time, negatively impacting herd immunity.  Anti-vaxxers are a looney bunch.

• Like 4

v0icAvfW.jpg

20 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

that’s not because of the vaccine...  it’s because of the number of folks NOT getting it has been rising for some time, negatively impacting herd immunity.  Anti-vaxxers are a looney bunch.

Ya that's what I meant. Measles is the biggest anti-vax target lately. Possibly due to it being live? I have no idea how their minds work.

• Cheers 1