bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 minutes ago, Maji said:

Harming everyone to advance xenophobia and racism. This will result in extra deaths for both citizens and undocumented residents. Really, GOP?

Especially when so many of them are essential workers on our farms, cattle and dairy industries.

• Like 2

One of the Final Five..........

9 minutes ago, Maji said:

Harming everyone to advance xenophobia and racism. This will result in extra deaths for both citizens and undocumented residents. Really, GOP?

It has more to do with them not being legal citizens in the country, but whatever, they should be vaccinated to minimize the spread. And don’t worry the big portion of illegals are in Cali and will be vaccinated. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It has more to do with them not being legal citizens in the country, but whatever, they should be vaccinated to minimize the spread. And don’t worry most are in Cali and will be vaccinated. 

It's choosing nativism over lives.

27 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Maybe Mexico and So. America will ship us 20,000,000 vaccines to vaccinate their illegal citizens in the US. 

That would be cool...that would leave plenty of leftover doses, since the estimated number from south of the border is around 7 million.

https://www.brookings.edu/policy2020/votervital/how-many-undocumented-immigrants-are-in-the-united-states-and-who-are-they/

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

What a clusterf**k this has been.

I haven't been in a store since March. Curbside pick up rocks.

I will be getting the vax as soon as I can. Group 1C I think. No hesitation. This bug is really nasty especially long term side effects. Until then I'm a hermit. This is going to be with us for awhile. I worry about the long term effects and what kind of support will be needed.

A good friend who became symptomatic the day after Thanksgiving still gets odd headaches on a daily basis he says are unlike anything he has had or felt before. He also said by 3:00 now he hits a wall and is too tired to keep working. 

60 Minutes did a segment on what they termed "Long Haulers" who still deal with some manifestation of the disease months after "recovering." 

• Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, Maji said:

Terrible idea. Nebraska:

Well that's several kinds of f*cktarded. Not only from a public health perspective, but as was mentioned, many are essential workers in the ag industries, and an endemic among the migrant worker demographic could threaten supply chains. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Nebraska's Governor is parsing reality. He is pretending they can't have any undocumented workers in his agricultural state. :wacko:

Asked whether the vaccine will be available to illegal immigrants who are working in Nebraska's meat processing plants, Ricketts said meatpackers are not allowed to hire illegal immigrants, so that should not be an issue.

https://journalstar.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/health/older-nebraskans-will-be-able-to-sign-up-for-covid-19-vaccinations-soon/article_89af6844-dfd2-563f-ab1d-3d889dd4d898.html

My wife’s coworker came into work today not feeling well, sore throat. Her fiancé was sick too...later today he came up positive for Covid. She’s now getting tested, as if we don’t know what it will say. 

My wife wears PPE all day and is extremely careful. She even eats lunch in her car because she feels her coworkers were a bigger risk than her patients. so she feels confident she’ll be fine. but it’s scary stuff. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Nebraska's Governor is parsing reality. He is pretending they can't have any undocumented workers in his agricultural state. :wacko:

They tried that in one of the southern states and it was a disaster

What's at stake for the covid19 fight with tomorrow's election(link at the bottom)

Andy Slavitt @ 🏡🇺🇸 (@ASlavitt) Tweeted: COVID Update January 4: I talkedvto 15 scientists, including Anthony Fauci, @larrybrilliant, @EricTopol, @ashishkjha, @T_Inglesby & @DrLeanaWen & asked them to spell out how 2021 will play out. I will release their answer Wednesday. But the answer depends heavily on Tuesday.1/ https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1346308657789632513?s=20