bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Its not F'em.  300,000 deaths is a big number. But, age and mortality regardless of COVID should be part of the calculus when you are talking about government actions that impact the livelihoods of the 350,000,000 million people in the U.S. that will continue living.  It is not all or nothing.

And at what point has the government's response been "all or nothing"?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob said:

lol at your entire post. I don't have time to mock all the idiotic sentiments. Same resultant number of deaths. You can't hide from it  and still even have a semi-function society.

He posts a shocking amount of disinformation on this board....  missed his true calling in life as a Russian Bot.  Perfect example of an emotion based rant vs fact based dialogue.

• Facepalm 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Science has become the god of the secular. Man/science<<<<<<Mother Nature who man thinks he can control but never will.

I am a practicing Catholic, so once again, not really sure wtf you are talking about.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Science has become the god of the secular. Man/science<<<<<<Mother Nature who man thinks he can control but never will.

No. You just think your beliefs are better.

You can be a Christian and support ingenuity. You can be a Christian and support protecting the environment. You can be a Christian and support protecting those with pre-existing conditions.

• Cheers 1

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/absolutely-remarkable-no-one-who-got-modernas-vaccine-trial-developed-severe-covid-19

Continuing the spate of stunning news about COVID-19 vaccines, the biotech company Moderna announced the final results of the 30,000-person efficacy trial for its candidate in a press release today: Only 11 people who received two doses of the vaccine developed COVID-19 symptoms after being infected with the pandemic coronavirus, versus 185 symptomatic cases in a placebo group. That is an efficacy of 94.1%, the company says, far above what many vaccine scientists were expecting just a few weeks ago.

More impressive still, Moderna’s candidate had 100% efficacy against severe disease. There were zero such COVID-19 cases among those vaccinated, but 30 in the placebo group. The company today plans to file a request for emergency use authorization (EUA) for its vaccine with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is also seeking a similar green light from the European Medicines Agency.

Incredible.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 6

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

dude's out at the French Laundry one week, next week, he's threatening to lock everything down. If the GOP trots out someone who isn't batshit crazy they might have a shot at winning in 2022 if this nonsense keeps up. 

it'll +++++ up a lot more than just sports. 

Some here say that Kevin Faulkner, the Republican mayor of SD may run. 

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

I read something on Politico the other day about him too. I would think, absent any scandals blowing up, he'd be a really good GOP candidate and someone who could actually win. 

One ill-advised high-rise purchase on his watch but nothing major. He got along with a City Council that was almost completely Dem during his whole tenure. Gets along with the LBGTQ community. Definitely not a Trumper. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Some here say that Kevin Faulkner, the Republican mayor of SD may run. 

What are his politics? I couldn’t see a socially conservative Republican winning statewide, but if he is more libertarian I could see him providing a decent challenge, maybe even winning. 

12 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

What are his politics? I couldn’t see a socially conservative Republican winning statewide, but if he is more libertarian I could see him providing a decent challenge, maybe even winning. 

He’s very moderate. He has to be to get elected here. He marches in the Pride parade. He would be like Schwarzenegger without the fame. Pete Wilson started as the SD mayor. 

Today was my first day of hybrid learning in the classroom and I'm exhausted. Hybrid learning is an entirely different beast from the standard distance learning we've been doing or the traditional face-to-face learning. Our classes are broken up into Cohorts A&B with each class consisting of 9-13 students per cohort. Periods 1-7 Cohort A meet in class with me Monday & Thursday with Periods 1-7 Cohort B meeting on Tuesday & Friday. On Wednesday, everyone is asynchronous learning from home so the school can be cleaned and fumigated. When the students arrive on campus we have to take their temps at the door before allowing them in the classroom and all of the seats are spread out. I have never done this amount of multitasking before in my life with trying to manage the students in the classroom along with checking the Zoom lobby and chat room with my other students online for every class.

I have 160 students total with about 80 of them returning to the classroom, the rest are choosing to stay online. I have 6 special ed. students that push-in to one of my classes 4 days a week which complete negates the reason for cohorts in the first place. I'm glad that I get to see my students, but I'm frustrated and tired.    

• Cheers 4
  • Sad 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

35 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Herd immunity = not possible with COVID-19

I didn’t read your link yet, but I know of someone that has caught it twice; once in March (asympomatic) and once in November (symptomatic). That does seem like it would make herd immunity pretty tough without a vaccine. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Today was my first day of hybrid learning in the classroom and I'm exhausted. Hybrid learning is an entirely different beast from the standard distance learning we've been doing or the traditional face-to-face learning. Our classes are broken up into Cohorts A&B with each class consisting of 9-13 students per cohort. Periods 1-7 Cohort A meet in class with me Monday & Thursday with Periods 1-7 Cohort B meeting on Tuesday & Friday. On Wednesday, everyone is asynchronous learning from home so the school can be cleaned and fumigated. When the students arrive on campus we have to take their temps at the door before allowing them in the classroom and all of the seats are spread out. I have never done this amount of multitasking before in my life with trying to manage the students in the classroom along with checking the Zoom lobby and chat room with my other students online for every class.

I have 160 students total with about 80 of them returning to the classroom, the rest are choosing to stay online. I have 6 special ed. students that push-in to one of my classes 4 days a week which complete negates the reason for cohorts in the first place. I'm glad that I get to see my students, but I'm frustrated and tired.    

That's why you make the big bucks!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1