bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

On 11/23/2020 at 7:11 AM, NVGiant said:

True story. I ran into Matt Leinart in a PHX airport bathroom when he was still playing with the Cardinals. He peed, then walked right out of the bathroom without washing his hands. 

Not really related, but can’t hear his name without that memory coming back.

Did he hear you tapping your foot? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/23/2020 at 6:11 AM, NVGiant said:

True story. I ran into Matt Leinart in a PHX airport bathroom when he was still playing with the Cardinals. He peed, then walked right out of the bathroom without washing his hands. 

Not really related, but can’t hear his name without that memory coming back.

• Haha 2

Firsthand account of Spanish flu outbreak gives comparison between 1918 and today

From the Comments section:

My maternal grandmother caught that flu in southern Arizona. She survived it ok but didn't know about the after effects. She had a son in early 1919 and it promptly died (not sure why but could have been flu related). My mother was born in late Nov 1919 at 9 1/2 lbs. Within about 3 or so months she was down to 6 lbs. Grandma didn't know why but my mom couldn't stomach mothers milk and couldn't take cow milk either. One morning a neighbor came by and asked how she was doing and she told her that her baby was dying. The neighbor suggested goat's milk and my mom recovered. Her next child had the same problem. Turns out that flu could affect mother's milk and make it toxic. How many babies died and weren't chalked up to the epidemic?

https://www.standard.net/

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

48 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well, looks like my daughter and I were exposed, so it’s off to get tested tomorrow morning.

Thanks for sharing something very personal. Good people on this board. Hope everything turns out good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well, looks like my daughter and I were exposed, so it’s off to get tested tomorrow morning.

Best of luck to the two of you.

• Cheers 1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

Thanks for sharing something very personal. Good people on this board. Hope everything turns out good.

Thanks. Yea I didn’t want to freak out anybody in my family in case I’m negative, but also felt the need to vent a little bit. 

4 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Good luck.   I have had two scares and those who thought they were positive got negative tests.  Plays with your mind while you wait.