bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh FFS, now you're linking to a former InfoWars editor-at-large whose website is considered "questionable" due to the dubious nature of its sourcing, biases, and out and out falsehoods. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/summit-news/

Just stop, Bob. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

lol. Triggered again! No debating the content, just attacking the source.

Dude. Find a legitimate news source instead of expecting us to look at something from a crazed conspiracy theorist associated with Alex Jones. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

lol. Triggered again! No debating the content, just attacking the source.

If you posted more content from reputable sources, you might find that people are more willing to engage in a debate. The funny thing is this has been covered by real sources, with real contrary opinions within those stories. You should try those every once in a while. Because right now your tactic seems to be posting the most outlandish sources possible, and expecting people to engage with that propaganda. Then you are somehow shocked that people don't want to waste their time refuting garbage. 

Just now, Bob said:

I scanned a few and they're garbage. So your few examples of dissenting opinions are more valid than the 6,000 voices that I posted that are in favor of ending lockdowns and restrictions for the majority of society?

You're hopeless. Go back to your conspiracy blogs that tell you herd immunity is a thing and that 50% of the population is immune to COVID or whatever nonsense you've been peddling. 

Like I said earlier today. I'll trust the word of scientists that are actually doing research on this. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

I scanned a few and they're garbage. So your few examples of dissenting opinions are more valid than the 6,000 voices that I posted that are in favor of ending lockdowns and restrictions for the majority of society?

You think those 6,000 voices represent the majority of medical opinion? Of course not. And so why do you so easily dismiss the views of most?

We can debate this reasonably Bob. There are great points to be made that support your perspective. But you have to be smarter about it than you have been for the last seven months.

• Like 1

God knows Fauci was such a money grubbing celebrity before 2020...

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

24 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Lol they say they can find a vaccine for covid-19. But can't find a vaccine that will wipe out a cold or the flu.lol

There's no flu vaccine?  Thats some breaking news there, Dr Mengele....

• Cheers 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You just hit the crux of the scamdemic. Big Pharma wants their $45.00 x  330,000,000

Crap load more than that. You're not counting Europe and some Asian countries.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You just hit the crux of the scamdemic. Big Pharma wants their $45.00 x  330,000,000

I'm going to screenshot this and send it to your undergrad school. Perhaps they'll accept it as proof that they should refund your tuition. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob said:

@Stealthlobo Did you watch the video? What do you disagree with?

I didn't. I admit I watched the first ones you posted at the beginning of the epidemic and learned my lesson. Youre the boy who cried wolf and now I can't believe anything you post. I'll stick with primary literature vs youtubers for the time being. As a non-medical professional, it's just 'face-palmy' the way you really try to push your narrative on this board.

Something to consider about our response to this Covid crisis. 70 percent of the students in my kid's high school have a failing grade in 1 or more subjects with remote learning, including my son who previously had a 4.1 GPA.  This is more of a state response issue rather than federal but there definitely are political variances on the restrictions. Even though our county has been static and level over the last month or two, our schools have been closed to in person teaching. Just because Albuquerque has had a resurgence recently, it's frustrating that the governor still uses a state wide mandate. It's pretty much a wasted year at best and potentially destructive for future college plans for students.

25 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Something to consider about our response to this Covid crisis. 70 percent of the students in my kid's high school have a failing grade in 1 or more subjects with remote learning, including my son who previously had a 4.1 GPA.  This is more of a state response issue rather than federal but there definitely are political variances on the restrictions. Even though our county has been static and level over the last month or two, our schools have been closed to in person teaching. Just because Albuquerque has had a resurgence recently, it's frustrating that the governor still uses a state wide mandate. It's pretty much a wasted year at best and potentially destructive for future college plans for students.

I don't believe this will have any impact on future college plans because everyone is affected.

1 hour ago, NMpackalum said:

Another costly side effect of COVID. Most kids will be essentially losing a year of education. I wonder how the the school system is going to treat this going forward. You can’t just move kids on to the next level, particularly in math which builds on prior learning.