bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09/14/pitt-scientists-discover-biomolecule-that-may-neutralize-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — University of Pittsburgh scientists have isolated a biomolecule that “completely and specifically” neutralizes the virus that causes coronavirus.

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine researchers isolated the smallest biological molecule to date that neutralizes the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a report published Monday in the journal Cell. The antibody component is 10 times smaller than a full-sized antibody and has been used to create a drug known as Ab8 for use as a therapeutic and preventative against SARS-CoV-2, the report says.

The researchers reported that Ab8 is “highly effective” in preventing and treating SARS-CoV-2 infection in mice and hamsters.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09/14/pitt-scientists-discover-biomolecule-that-may-neutralize-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — University of Pittsburgh scientists have isolated a biomolecule that “completely and specifically” neutralizes the virus that causes coronavirus.

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine researchers isolated the smallest biological molecule to date that neutralizes the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a report published Monday in the journal Cell. The antibody component is 10 times smaller than a full-sized antibody and has been used to create a drug known as Ab8 for use as a therapeutic and preventative against SARS-CoV-2, the report says.

The researchers reported that Ab8 is “highly effective” in preventing and treating SARS-CoV-2 infection in mice and hamsters.

If this ends the Pandemic I will be a Pitt Panther fan for life. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Big public research rules.

• Like 3

The stupidity here is truly heartbreaking. The internet has made everyone believe they are woke and wise.  It's ruining everything. I hate how there are kids here spewing the dogma as well. Just gross.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

The stupidity here is truly heartbreaking. The internet has made everyone believe they are woke and wise.  It's ruining everything. I hate how there are kids here spewing the dogma as well. Just gross.

shocked doc rivers GIF

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The news media will widely publicize the George Floyd murder, but wouldn’t touch this guys reaction to the two cops getting shot with a ten foot pole. 

Saw this reported on CNN, Jake Tapper called it disgusting.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

8 hours ago, Mano said:

Saw this reported on CNN, Jake Tapper called it disgusting.

My favorite is when they supply a link to a news source and then tell you the media is not talking about this in the same post. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So...... back to COVID. Looks like at my wife’s facility they are going to be using saliva tests (which get results in 15 minutes) in addition to the swabs. 

As I side note, I know some in the Nevada AD believe that this will be the thing that gets hoops up and running.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Any fine analysis like this one that uses CFR is shit (CFR is NOT the death rate for this virus as it’s based on known / confirmed cases and the scientific and medical communities know that there are many many more cases that go undetected - CDC estimates actual case count is 6 to 24x’s higher)...  but we’re dealing with a number-illiterate analytical midget CNN editor here pushing a fear agenda.   😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

43 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Any fine analysis like this one that uses CFR is shit (CFR is NOT the death rate for this virus as it’s based on known / confirmed cases and the scientific and medical communities know that there are many many more cases that go undetected - CDC estimates actual case count is 6 to 24x’s higher)...  but we’re dealing with a number-illiterate analytical midget CNN editor here pushing a fear agenda.   😂 

There is a spectrum of pushing a fear agenda on one end, and pushing harmful ignorance on the other.  Somewhere on that spectrum is where you both live at.  :coffeecomputer:

15 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

There is a spectrum of pushing a fear agenda on one end, and pushing harmful ignorance on the other.  Somewhere on that spectrum is where you both live at.  :coffeecomputer:

As do you.  I’ve only called out the stupidity of the analysis and not pushed anything but so keep the weak ad hominem to yourself.  If you want to refute what I said then let’s hear it.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Okay, then we can use IFR, which has been estimated at around 0.65-1%, on the low end of that spectrum we're only looking at the potential of 1-1.2M deaths.