bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Glad to hear that she was negative.

Even with all of the frustrations involved, I'm glad that my kids are still doing school from home to be honest.

I can understand why you would feel that way.  I'm at the opposite end as my daughter needs contact with kids her age, she's 12 so she's at a pretty critical age socially. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Me too.  Although if she had it I'm sure she would've been fine.  Neither of us are high risk.  Now, if this was 3 years ago when I looked like I swallowed myself (I was morbidly obese) I would be terrified.  

Our main concern is that my wife has a heart condition, and COVID could conceivably be a really, really, really bad thing for her to have. Her sister, who I've mentioned before, is an MD and PhD, and runs her own research lab at an Ivy, has told her that she needs to avoid contact with people who may have become infected or could possibly be carrying it. I'm the only one that goes out to stores, and I wear a mask and gloves and then Lysol spray everything before I bring it into the house just to be safe. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Our main concern is that my wife has a hearth condition, and COVID could conceivably be a really, really, really bad thing for her to have. Her sister, who I've mentioned before, is an MD and PhD, and runs her own research lab at an Ivy, has told her that she needs to avoid contact with people who may have become infected or could possibly be carrying it. I'm the only one that goes out to stores, and I wear a mask and gloves and then Lysol spray everything before I bring it into the house just to be safe. 

And that makes sense to me.  If I had contact with my brother I would think differently as he's immuno-compromised.   But neither of us have direct contact with any high risk individuals.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Yes... the district has a policy

Thanks for being transparent.  The reason I asked the questions is a co-worker 'suddenly' was out on sick leave. No info about said illness, which I understand (HIPPA laws)  but a couple days turned into exactly 15 days when she returned.  

We all wear masks ( corporate mandate) we limit our interactions to a few minutes and try to adhere to policy as much as possible. 

None of us knew how 'sick' she was, until she let it slip. 

I'm of the opinion  (now) that most companies cannot /will not put employees out on quarantine based on one persons results or will notify those who were working around said person.  

By the time she got her results, if we were going be infected, we would have been and spread it to others. 

Hope your colleague gets better and you and yours stay healthy. 

8 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Thanks for being transparent.  The reason I asked the questions is a co-worker 'suddenly' was out on sick leave. No info about said illness, which I understand (HIPPA laws)  but a couple days turned into exactly 15 days when she returned.  

We all wear masks ( corporate mandate) we limit our interactions to a few minutes and try to adhere to policy as much as possible. 

None of us knew how 'sick' she was, until she let it slip. 

I'm of the opinion  (now) that most companies cannot /will not put employees out on quarantine based on one persons results or will notify those who were working around said person.  

By the time she got her results, if we were going be infected, we would have been and spread it to others. 

Hope your colleague gets better and you and yours stay healthy. 

Thank you.

as teachers we wear our masks religiously but I’m not sold on how much good they actually do.  But I love my job and the kids in my class so I’ll be a good soldier and do what I can to keep them and my family safe.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can understand why you would feel that way.  I'm at the opposite end as my daughter needs contact with kids her age, she's 12 so she's at a pretty critical age socially. 

Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Some of the stuff her peers conveyed to my daughter at that age were less than beneficial. 

13 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

apologies if this has been posted already, my power was out for nearly 24 hours because of a windstorm

selfish douchebags

If this is true, the narrative of the other week by the "nothing happened" crowd is not going to have aged well.  Especially since many are the same folks who cited the protests and riots with spreading, but somehow not this.  Hypocrisy all around.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Are you braindead? Could you be any more gullible? Cases plummeted (deaths down, too) in August after Sturgis occurred. How does this in any way make logical sense??

Can somebody please break out the macaroni shells and crayons to explain this (again) to Boob?

@ridgeview2 you work with Special Ed kids... maybe you can help?

• Haha 3

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

oh lordy there are tapes

I've been told - "Tapes, or it's fake news!"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

oh lordy there are tapes

He didn't want to create a panic? There are still posters on here spewing the same misinformation that he was spewing back then. And he doesn't want to create a panic.

It appears the president thinks the American people are children incapable of digesting the truth. I can't say that right now I disagree with him.

• Like 2