bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The vast majority of the 20-26 million that participated were not decked out in said gear. 

20-26 million seems... extremely specious

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I just searched on YouTube for Karen public anti mask freak outs. :popcorn:

I’m sure you came across a butt load. World is full of idiots. I don’t get the whole anti mask thing.

Reports that the Federal Government is currently considering a new border regulation.

The rules would allow for refusing entry at the border to US citizens and legal residents returning from international travel if they were exposed to or infected with coronavirus.

Currently the government can only quarantine returning citizens and legal residents, not refuse entry for health reasons. The government can currently bar entry at the border for health reasons only for non-citizens or non-legal residents.

Supposedly comments on the proposed regulation from various Federal agencies were to be submitted to the White House today.

We don't keep American citizens out of the US for the flu. I wonder why it is necessary for coronavirus. :hmmm::whistle:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/11/border-officials-citizens-legal-residents-reentering-coronavirus/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/10/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-border.html

56 minutes ago, Bob said:

A picture says a thousand words:

EfK0V1jXkAM_MvQ?format=jpg&name=large

I don't want to really go hard on this, but UK made their mask mandate effective July 24th.  What it tells  is that it isn't spiking like it did before.  UK had its most restrictive policies beginning in late March, and were lifted throughout June, also plateauing the spike.  I don't know if the thousand words is aligning with your narrative with this photo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob said:

A picture says a thousand words:

EfK0V1jXkAM_MvQ?format=jpg&name=large

So if we wear masks, we can open the economy without a double bounce!? Where have we seen that before on MWCboard??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

25 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

There is still so much we don't know about this thing.  This article is both encouraging and demoralizing.  I think having effective vaccines in the near future is pie in the sky.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/coronavirus/article244852012.html

I think that article was encouraging. We are learning new things all the time about this virus and how to fight it. Why do you think a vaccine in the near future is pie in the sky. The things I've been reading have been optimistic about the results so far and tracking for possible approval early next year. Is there other info?

20 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Watching people go ape shit over trivial things is entertaining. The family fight in Disneyland is near the top of my list. 

I think the biggest controversy that came out of this incident was Disney's inability to control the situation. Disney's new security policies for a hands off approach came back to bite them in the ass and the friends who I talked to that currently still work for Disney have told me before they closed the crowds were more rowdy than previous years because of the new policies.  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

This fall could be the worst in the history of American public health if people do not heed guidance from health officials to stop the coronavirus, CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield warned Wednesday. Redfield said skyrocketing cases of COVID-19 combined with the annual flu season could create the "worst fall" that "we've ever had."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-director-robert-redfield-coronavirus-pandemic-fall/

5 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

We’re priming the pump by sending millions of kids back to attending school. And the early returns aren’t favorable. How asinine is that. 

And the idiots and their fans that believe football should be played are on another wave length stupid. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

We’re priming the pump by sending millions of kids back to attending school. And the early returns aren’t favorable. How asinine is that. 

And the idiots and their fans that believe football should be played are on another wave length stupid. 

Georgia and Mississippi are both closing schools already.  They closed and reopened the school that suspended the student for the hallway photo and one where the seniors took a photo in front is closing after at least 15 cases popped up.  I hope the parents are risking things for a good reason, like needing to work, and not for politics.

16 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

We can hope that flu cases are diminished this fall due to social distancing/mask wearing/increased hygiene. It hasn't been good enough to get control of covid but it is more than we as a country have been doing in the past, so maybe it will stem the flu season. Wishful thinking? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tspoke said:

We can hope that flu cases are diminished this fall due to social distancing/mask wearing/increased hygiene. It hasn't been good enough to get control of covid but it is more than we as a country have been doing in the past, so maybe it will stem the flu season. Wishful thinking? 

Flu season is in full swing in the Southern Hemisphere and cases are way down:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/07/24/coronavirus-restrictions

• Like 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

30 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Flu season is in full swing in the Southern Hemisphere and cases are way down:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/07/24/coronavirus-restrictions

If Americans will mask, social distance, close schools, etc. we may have the same type of milder flu season. They are attributing flu cases being down in the Southern Hemisphere to people there following coronavirus restrictions.

But if too many Americans refuse to follow coronavirus restrictions it could get bad in the US.

From that article:

According to Aldighieri, influenza likely would have resulted in the same numbers of hospitalizations and deaths this year as in previous years had it not been for strict coronavirus-related restrictions that some countries have in place.

For instance, a lot of countries in the Southern Hemisphere—such as Argentina, New Zealand, and South Africa—had implemented strict lockdowns. And in Australia, the majority of stores are still closed.

Richard Medlicott, a general practitioner in New Zealand, said he believes school closures prevented the spread of flu, and that could be part of the reason his clinic experienced a 90% decline in flu patients and a 60% decline in other respiratory illnesses so far in 2020 when compared with last year.

"Children are the main reservoir [of these viruses]," Medlicott said. "They haven't been at child care and that has meant they've had less chance to spread it in the community."