bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

So I found out my sister her husband and their  three kids have it. They only have sniffles and loss of taste and smell so far. They are all quarantined at home and bored stir crazy. Pray they get out of it with just minor symptoms. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

So I found out my sister her husband and their  three kids have it. They only have sniffles and loss of taste and smell so far. They are all quarantined at home and bored stir crazy. Pray they get out of it with just minor symptoms. 

My prayers are with them. 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Care to explain @NVGiant

image.png.2964fadffdc1f08c466fc4b6e748aeb0.png

image.jpeg

Just now, bornontheblue said:

I saw that. I really think they are going up be ok. Just minor symptoms so far 

Crazy how it is relatively minor in most people, but some it just hits like a hammer. 

It sounds promising for them, which is great.

• Like 2

Confession: I pray every day in the shower. It used to only be once in a while, then only on the days I didn't snap one off in the shower, then even on the days I did ( I call it a "devotional ritual" :ph34r:). So every day.

And in this daily prayer, one of the things I pray for is that our family emerges from this pandemic unscathed. I then pray for the same for all "those we love and call family who have taken similarly adequate steps to protect themselves."

I wrestle with the inclusion of this caveat... why can't I simply ask God to protect "all those we love and call family?"

I'm sure it has something to do with an inner sense of fairness - at the risk of sounding cold, those who have taken this thing seriously and have taken greater-than-nominal steps to protect themselves and their loved ones, do, IMO, deserve protection from this disease more than those who either chose to dismiss the science and/or advice of public health officials or who have otherwise chosen to place their own petulance above the lives of fellow Americans. Nonetheless, I wrestle with this.

• Confused 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Guess the state

Jason Copenhaver approached the child's table Sunday and asked the boy if he was wearing a mask, according to Treasure Island police. Authorities did not release the boy’s age.

Police said the 47-year-old then told the child to take it off. He then grabbed the boy's hand tightly and put his face next to the child's, telling the boy he now had the coronavirus, according to police reports.

“Victim stated that (Copenhaver) was in such close proximity that spit particles from (Copenhaver’s) mouth landed in his face,” an officer wrote in the police report.

52 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

While we’re quibbling about masks, we are in the process of sending millions of kids back to school, not to mention trying to play football this fall. It’s asking for a massive virus spike. Insanity!!!

Pretty pathetic that anybody is quibbling over masks at this point.

19 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I wish them a speedy recovery, and hope it is not spread to anyone else in your family.

• Like 1

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan