bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

54 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

hey, he was busy okay?

lay off!

those COVID-19 is a hoax videos don't find themselves, and he had laundry

I never claimed it was a hoax.  Overstated risk to most people.

• Cheers 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

On the bright side, hydroxychloroquine doesn’t look like a “game changer”...  that should lift his spirits!

You think I enjoy having my wife risk her life working at a nursing home? 

42 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

You think I enjoy having my wife risk her life working at a nursing home? 

It's more likely she's putting her patients at risk.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It's more likely she's putting her patients at risk.

She has been very responsible as far as avoiding large gatherings/family parties, social distancing, and mask wearing. So, no. 

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

True. But it’s still a risk to her.

Not to mention the only way for healthcare workers to “not put their nursing home residents at risk” would be to lock the facility doors and let them fend for themselves. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

She has been very responsible as far as avoiding large gatherings/family parties, social distancing, and mask wearing. So, no. 

uhh. yes

Assuming she's younger than her patients, has fewer underlying conditions and is more mobile and therefore likelier that her patients to be exposed, no matter how responsible she is

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

28 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

uhh. yes

Assuming she's younger than her patients, has fewer underlying conditions and is more mobile and therefore likelier that her patients to be exposed, no matter how responsible she is

This is a really silly point you are trying to make. Yes, a healthcare worker does introduce a certain level of exposure to their patients. But unfortunately these are patients at a skilled NURSING facility, and being “exposed” to a nurse is medically necessary. 

Regardless, my only reason for bringing my wife’s job up was in response to @NorCalCoug making a stupid ass post insinuating that I enjoy bad news about the pandemic. No, I don’t like bad COVID news, because this isn’t a phcking game. 

And that’s all I have to say about that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

uhh. yes

@SalinasSpartan ignore asshats like this. Your wife is doing work that is important to her and I applaud her. The irony of asshats posts is that in the future they may rely on the goodwill and loving souls of people like your wife to wipe their ass when they no longer have family who wants too. Give your wife a high five from me and mine. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

uhh. yes

You're a dick.

13 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

You're a dick.

Facts and reason are hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps you should bring it up to your therapist and she can help you work through it.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Facts and reason are hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps you should bring it up to your therapist and she can help you work through it.

I guess you're sexist too.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

This is a really silly point you are trying to make. Yes, a healthcare worker does introduce a certain level of exposure to their patients. But unfortunately these are patients at a skilled NURSING facility, and being “exposed” to a nurse is medically necessary. 

Regardless, my only reason for bringing my wife’s job up was in response to @NorCalCoug making a stupid ass post insinuating that I enjoy bad news about the pandemic. No, I don’t like bad COVID news, because this isn’t a phcking game. 

And that’s all I have to say about that.

You’re being melodramatic.  But carry on...

• Facepalm 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

23 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Looks like whack-a-mole strategy is working.   Although I was wrong about continued decline, my later prediction of a speed-bump was off, rather is was a double speed-bump.  Thankfully, my recognition of trend breakage back in mid-May continues and it is not proportional.  Cases tripled, deaths doubled.  Here's hoping we are at the top of the speed-bump.  Deaths still down 50% from peak.  Also, here's hoping masks and continued social distancing works.

image.png.f191e4b3c0e7b454b7c271794ae5ed0d.png

I forgot to document the source:

https://covidtracking.com/data/charts/2-metrics-7-day-average-curves

110926run_defense710.jpg

27 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

@modestobulldog  unfortunately I don’t think deaths have peaked if you look at the lag.   But clearly we do a better job of treating people.   

Maybe not, we can hope.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg