bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Not sure if anyone else has posted about having COVID-19

I had a brief conversation with my neighbor (from a distance), unbeknownst to us she had COVID. A week later I was sick with GI issues, dry cough, headache, fatigue. That was 6 weeks ago. I'm still feeling like crap, occasional chest tightness and shortness of breath. No I haven't gotten tested, too late at this point. I'm not going out and am isolating. The symptoms and duration suggest COVID19 on light of the exposure.

I consider myself lucky at this point it hasn't been worse. I hope I'm near the end of this. And yes if symptoms get worse I'll haul my ass onto a Dr. It's no fun but cross my fingers I got a mild case.

• Like 3

One of the Final Five..........

Just now, mysfit said:

I had a brief conversation with my neighbor (from a distance), unbeknownst to us she had COVID. A week later I was sick with GI issues, dry cough, headache, fatigue. That was 6 weeks ago. I'm still feeling like crap, occasional chest tightness and shortness of breath. No I haven't gotten tested, too late at this point. I'm not going out and am isolating. The symptoms and duration suggest COVID19 on light of the exposure.

I consider myself lucky at this point it hasn't been worse. I hope I'm near the end of this. And yes if symptoms get worse I'll haul my ass onto a Dr. It's no fun but cross my fingers I got a mild case.

Be safe and stay away from the fish tank cleaner.

8 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Then we will continue to struggle. Cases will increase, deaths will increase and Healthcare will be crushed. The economy will crater. You have no economy while this is out of control.

Bite the bullet and then move on. A 2 week shutdown gives the virus no chance for transmission. What we are doing now will continue to deteriorate.

Rationalize all you want, but those are the 2 choices. 

I'm not sure that is correct. There are many countries with draconian lockdowns that have had recurrences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

You should get the antibody test to confirm - I would think it would be liberating to know if you did indeed have it, especially since you have some risk factors at play.

v0icAvfW.jpg

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We already did shut down. It won’t be any different the next time unless you want the police and the military enforcing the order.

we did the shut down. It worked, it brought the curve down.

Then we opened stupidly without meeting the requirements (,which are needed to keep the curve down) and didn't do the testing and tracing.

We did not close all the businesses that should have closed. I'm not going to get into enforcing. Strong leadership would go a long way.

There are 2 choices. Fix it with a shutdown, or continue to struggle with rising body counts and a catered economy.

2 choices. That's it.

5 minutes ago, mysfit said:

hope your health improves mysfit 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Outside of a few hotspots the healthcare system hasn’t been overburdened.  Another shutdown is not happening.  It’s not realistic.

then we continue to struggle and the economy continues to tank.

Healthcare in a number of areas would disagree about not bring overburdened. The Boise area will be in serious trouble within a couple weeks if nothing changes. Per interview this am. I am sure a large number of areas are in the same shape.

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

You should get the antibody test to confirm - I would think it would be liberating to know if you did indeed have it, especially since you have some risk factors at play.

antibody test has a horrendous false negative rate. A nurse locally kept testing neg on both tests. Her Dr did a lung MRI and confirmed she had COVID.

If I go to a Dr I'll get tested but I see no reason at this point to make a special trip. 

16 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Outside of a few hotspots the healthcare system hasn’t been overburdened.  Another shutdown is not happening.  It’s not realistic.

I think we've learned enough about the virus that that we can keep the economy open and still attack the virus.  Its only been a few weeks that some major retailers have mandated further safety practices.  I think those will work if we give them a chance.  And I think many of those who were slow to finally take this seriously are on board. 

I'll admit, I am scared to death of schools opening. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, mysfit said:

we did the shut down. It worked, it brought the curve down.

Then we opened stupidly without meeting the requirements (,which are needed to keep the curve down) and didn't do the testing and tracing.

We did not close all the businesses that should have closed. I'm not going to get into enforcing. Strong leadership would go a long way.

There are 2 choices. Fix it with a shutdown, or continue to struggle with rising body counts and a catered economy.

2 choices. That's it.

There is no choice, people aren’t going to do it again. The original shutdown didn’t work, it spread from New York into the rest of the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/new-york-city-coronavirus-outbreak.amp.html

People aren’t going back inside. And if you haven’t noticed, the police can’t make them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I'm not sure that is correct. There are many countries with draconian lockdowns that have had recurrences.

Adequate test and trace would allow them to lock down the specific areas that are spiking. That's the reason it's needed. To manage flare ups and prevent them from becoming widespread

2 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Adequate test and trace would allow them to lock down the specific areas that are spiking. That's the reason it's needed. To manage flare ups and prevent them from becoming widespread

Got some bad news for you.

Also, keeping you in my thoughts with your health.  Let me know if you need anything.

Just now, mysfit said:

My son had Covid. This is what tracing consisted of. 2 days of a text message on whether I had any symptoms. Then I haven't heard from them since. I could tell the tracing employees didn't have a lot of training or weren't up to snuff for the job from my initial interview. 

3 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Tracing is a joke. Testing hasn’t exactly been a panacea. The more tests we do the higher the spike has risen. You yourself say you aren’t getting tested despite having symptoms. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

My son had Covid. This is what tracing consisted of. 2 days of a text message on whether I had any symptoms. Then I haven't heard from them since. I could tell the tracing employees didn't have a lot of training or weren't up to snuff for the job from my initial interview. 

It's a bunch of barely educated young adults who took a 4 hour course that you can click through in about 15 minutes.

Just now, Los_Aztecas said:

It's a bunch of barely educated young adults who took a 4 hour course that you can click through in about 15 minutes.

That plus how do you trace when many people have been in large crowds whether at a bar or at protests where they know very few people they had contact with? 

3 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Well...there’s a good side to that. In America we don’t have a large number of people experienced with tracing and filing reports on a person’s movement, nor do we have any the apparatus to train people to do it quickly. Small mercies I guess.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Tracing is a joke. Testing hasn’t exactly been a panacea. The more tests we do the higher the spike has risen. You yourself say you aren’t getting tested despite having symptoms. 

You’re all over the place.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Got some bad news for you.

Also, keeping you in my thoughts with your health.  Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'm over the worst.

• Like 1