bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Irrefutable proof that masks still allow you to breathe, and that we have a lot of morons in this country calling people sheep. 

And a lot of dumb ass people that think masks are the end all. Many don’t even wear them properly. I still practice distancing even if people are wearing masks precisely because of the above video. Note Fauci the sometimes opponent and proponent of masks sitting between and talking to two people without his mask on. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

And a lot of dumb ass people that think masks are the end all. Many don’t even wear them properly. I still practice distancing even if people are wearing masks precisely because of the above video. Note Fauci the sometimes opponent and proponent of masks sitting between and talking to two people without his mask on. 

Nobody credible thinks it's the end all. But that video is useless. All it shows is that air passes through masks, which is pretty good because suffocation would sort of defeat the purpose. What it doesn't show is whether or not it is effective in reducing the tiny droplets that spread the virus, which is the whole point of wearing the mask. 

Why people take dumb shit off the internet as any kind of "information" is beyond me. Now, social distancing with a mask on is a really good idea, because masks are indeed not the end all. That's really smart. So good for you on that. The rest of your post is just political garbage that anti-maskers use to jerk themselves off with.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Nobody credible thinks it's the end all. But that video is useless. All it shows is that air passes through masks, which is pretty good because suffocation would sort of defeat the purpose. What it doesn't show is whether or not it is effective in reducing the tiny droplets that spread the virus, which is the whole point of wearing the mask. 

Why people take dumb shit off the internet as any kind of "information" is beyond me. Now, social distancing with a mask on is a really good idea, because masks are indeed not the end all. That's really smart. So good for you on that. The rest of your post is just political garbage that anti-maskers use to jerk themselves off with.

I’m not an anti masker. I just understand the limitations, which a lot of people don’t, which the video demonstrates.  Like I said I see masked people walk up to each other and start talking, or people not covering their nose. And Fauci your god father is a hypocrite on wearing a mask. 

56 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not an anti masker. I just understand the limitations, which a lot of people don’t, which the video demonstrates.  Like I said I see masked people walk up to each other and start talking, or people not covering their nose. And Fauci your god father is a hypocrite on wearing a mask. 

I never said you were an anti masker. But that video demonstrates nothing other than air passes through masks. So, nailed it! That video is made by idiots for idiots.

And Fauci is my god?

This country has lost its mind.

The people who think masks do nothing are wrong. They stop concentrated virus in expelled droplets.

The people who think masks protect against everything are also wrong. Virus is aerolized projections can get through the mask.

Physics, yo.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's the spittle on your breath that carries the viral load.  A cloth mask will not stop all of it but if it reduces it, seems a no brainer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's the spittle on your breath that carries the viral load.  A cloth mask will not stop all of it but if it reduces it, seems a no brainer.

It is a no-brainer. It's simply a reduction of risk, which seems like a pretty good idea. The partisanship over masks is the dumbest thing I can think of. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If you are not an anti masker then what exactly is the point of you regurgitating these anti mask arguments? 

• Like 2

Just now, NVGiant said:

It is a no-brainer. It's simply a reduction of risk, which seems like a pretty good idea. The partisanship over masks is the dumbest thing I can think of. 

There seem to be a lot of University of Facebook School of Medicine grads around. Funny how they had a hard time passing high school biology.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

If you can not do it as a courtesy to other people in case you have the virus then do it for selfish reasons.  Sports, the economy, not having everybody think you are a prick, etc...

If it helps even a little and by all accounts it does, why not do it?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Why listen to infectious disease experts who have spent a lifetime acquiring knowledge specific to this, when you can watch a random guy on the internet take bong hits? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

The people who think masks do nothing are wrong. They stop concentrated virus in expelled droplets.

The people who think masks protect against everything are also wrong. Virus is aerolized projections can get through the mask.

Physics, yo.

The thing is, who is arguing that masks protect against everything? I haven't seen this at all. It seems to be a complete straw man set up by anti-maskers to make the argument that if masks can't stop everything then you might as well do nothing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The thing is, who is arguing that masks protect against everything? I haven't seen this at all. It seems to be a complete straw man set up by anti-maskers to make the argument that if masks can't stop everything then you might as well do nothing. 

Not all masks are created equal. My nurse made about a hundred cloth masks for the office and hospital staff/patient husbands. 2 ply cotton. I breath fine through them and I couldn't blow out a match if it was 3 inches away. Other peoples masks you can see through and of course, I've seen plenty of people who don't cover their noses and wear them loosely. There's a nice graphic around showing the effectiveness of proper cloth masks worn approprately showing oral expectoration less than 6 inches, no masks more than 6 feet and bandanas were not particularly effective at over 3 feet. Oh yeah, masks with valves are worthless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Masks should be protecting the Japanese. What is going on?

https://twitter.com/kylamb8/status/1287792545561546752?s=20

My goodness, they may actually crack the top 150 countries in cases per million residents at this rate. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I agree. I haven't seen any either, but I put that just in case they are out there. I feel like a broken record, but the thing is that even if they are offering just a small benefit, that benefit will help decrease mortality/morbidity for such a small inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I agree. I haven't seen any either, but I put that just in case they are out there. I feel like a broken record, but the thing is that even if they are offering just a small benefit, that benefit will help decrease mortality/morbidity for such a small inconvenience.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

laziest analysis ever

"country that is known for wearing masks has rising numbers of confirmed cases therefore masks won't save us"

And right on cue...

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why aren't masks protecting the residents of Shelby County, Tennessee? Shelby County is the only county in TN with a mask mandate. Mask mandate went into effect 5 weeks ago.

Ed29djDWoAExh4_?format=jpg&name=small

• Sad 1