bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Texas is the starting point for round 2 of shelter at home orders.

Hidalgo County (McAllen/Edinburg area) is now under a new coronavirus shelter order.

• The order says residents should shelter at home.
  • There is an adult curfew from 10pm to 5am unless out for a medical emergency or to provide essential services.
  • Those under 17 must be accompanied by an adult when out of the home at any time "when participating in essential activity, unless that person is out for a medical emergency or providing covered and essential services."
  • Business are encouraged to close unless they are essential or can provide curbside, drive-thru, or take-out service.
  • There is a mandatory mask order.

http://krgv.s3.amazonaws.com/07202020_-_hidalgo_county_judge_richard_f._cortez_orders_new_stay_at_home_order.pdf

https://d31029zd06w0t6.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/60/2020/07/07.20.2020-Hidalgo-County-Emergency-Order-20-011-1.pdf

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

So, Trump cultists... are you going to start wearing a mask now?

Holy crap...I'm reading sites saying this is a plan by Trump. Once the MSM sees him wearing masks the MSM will start saying masks aren't needed...so Trump will be proven right, aka ' a gotcha ' moment. 

His base is very fervent. ....don't dismiss the willfully blind. They are going to show up in November.  

Everyone else better as well.

17 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Unfortunately this is true. Pismo used to be my favorite place to visit on the weekends, but in the last 5 years or so it's changed a lot. Even during the weekends the crowds were manageable, but now it's out of control. My fiancee and I will be getting married next Saturday and we will be doing a quick honeymoon getaway to Pismo for 2 days then drive up Hwy 1 to Monterey for another 2 days. Hopefully it won't be as crowded since we will be there during the week. Businesses will be closed, but we don't care, we just want to feel the ocean breeze on our faces.  

Back in the '90s, Pismo was my first waypoint when heading up PCH. Pitch a tent on the beach and I was g2g.

• Cheers 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

17 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Holy crap...I'm reading sites saying this is a plan by Trump. Once the MSM sees him wearing masks the MSM will start saying masks aren't needed...so Trump will be proven right, aka ' a gotcha ' moment. 

His base is very fervent. ....don't dismiss the willfully blind. They are going to show up in November.  

Everyone else better as well.

Nuthuggers think he's playing 5D chess while the rest of us see him choking on a marble.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

17 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Unfortunately this is true. Pismo used to be my favorite place to visit on the weekends, but in the last 5 years or so it's changed a lot. Even during the weekends the crowds were manageable, but now it's out of control. My fiancee and I will be getting married next Saturday and we will be doing a quick honeymoon getaway to Pismo for 2 days then drive up Hwy 1 to Monterey for another 2 days. Hopefully it won't be as crowded since we will be there during the week. Businesses will be closed, but we don't care, we just want to feel the ocean breeze on our faces.  

Damn. :( 

I used to go out there almost every other weekend (sometimes just a day trip) during the summers for a while.

17 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

I haven't had time to delve that deep into the methods. But from a glance, this looks very promising for an immunization:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31604-4/fulltext

Please, please, please, please...

Given what I've been reading about the improbability of herd immunity, combined with the legions of brave, anti-mask freedom fighters in this country, I think a vaccine is our only way out of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

So... it's just a campaign rally at the White House.

From CNN's article;

In order to convince him, aides developed a compromise: his briefings could cover a range of topics, not only the pandemic.
That means it's likely the country will hear about a number of unrelated issues when the President takes the podium, including references to quelling protests in Portland and federal efforts to tamp down on violence in cities with Democratic mayors -- two of Trump's fixations which he believes play well with his supporters.

As I said upthread yesterday:

On 7/20/2020 at 11:08 AM, FresnoFacts said:

I'm afraid each episode might try to talk about 17 different story lines instead of sticking to the main plot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Deaths now clearly and indisputably trending up, and interestingly enough we are no longer getting daily updates in this thread showing the 7 day death average. Hm.

Not good times. Bad times.

• Cheers 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Seems promising.  Therapeutics are probably the more realistic solution in the near term.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2020/7/20/21331040/coronavirus-covid-19-treatment-breakthrough-sng001

Promising indeed. And all the more reason to follow proper safety precautions now. Experts have told us from the start: It's not about preventing every single one infection; it's about buying ourselves time to come up with better management, treatments, and eventually a vaccine. Obviously, every hospitalization and every death suck, but they will seem even more painful if in a couple months we'll look back and know that almost all of them would have been easily preventable with the right course of treatments. It's like dying from cholera just before someone realizes "Hey, tons of fluids might be a really good idea!" 

On 7/20/2020 at 3:07 PM, FresnoFacts said:

Some online are already saying he is giving over to the other side.

I think this and restarting the briefings means he recognizes the virus is the big issue to a large number of voters, especially outside his base.

This is the death knell for masks. Most leftists that wore them will now stop wearing them. 

• Facepalm 2

Just watch the trump only presser...........think he's gotten a bit of the message that it is himself that is tanking is poll numbers............he still was a bit racist, still deflected & lied some.........but he didn't stick around to spar with the press & call them fake & enemies of the people ..........pretty much, go to the podium.........read the script as written, got in the usual fabrications, deflections & lies...........took a few questions where the press stayed on the virus concerns & he bailed out - Thinking the change from parscale to whoever it is now told him to to turn it into a trump vs the world battle where he claims to be the victim.

Might be too late to save his lousy numbers but it was a noticeable change in demeanor 

2 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Seems promising.  Therapeutics are probably the more realistic solution in the near term.

https://www.deseret.com/u-s-world/2020/7/20/21331040/coronavirus-covid-19-treatment-breakthrough-sng001

I know little to nothing about how medical professionals picks and chooses who gets the experimental drug and who gets the placebo. I feel sorry for the patients who got the placebo and didn't make it. When patients are given a placebo are they monitored for a certain amount of time and then given the experimental drug?   

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Just watch the trump only presser...........think he's gotten a bit of the message that it is himself that is tanking is poll numbers............he still was a bit racist, still deflected & lied some.........but he didn't stick around to spar with the press & call them fake & enemies of the people ..........pretty much, go to the podium.........read the script as written, got in the usual fabrications, deflections & lies...........took a few questions where the press stayed on the virus concerns & he bailed out - Thinking the change from parscale to whoever it is now told him to to turn it into a trump vs the world battle where he claims to be the victim.

Might be too late to save his lousy numbers but it was a noticeable change in demeanor 

And this - after months of down playing covid & lying about it, trump maybe ahs come to the reality of the situation