bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

57 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Picture taken today from Pismo Beach along the central coast here in Cali. 

FB_IMG_1595204072091.jpg.fd5a5ffdedb1ec767b2fa07afac5c5bc.jpg

I'm sure some were very disappointed.

Splash Cafe in Pismo had to close. Reports are they planned to close for about a week to sanitize and test the other employees. One of the employees tested positive.

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

Dude, you live in Pismo? Lived in Arroyo Grande and Shell Beach back in the late 80's. Loved Pismo, Avila Beach and the dunes. Met the best three week stand of my life at Harrys.:Clapping:

8 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Dude, you live in Pismo? Lived in Arroyo Grande and Shell Beach back in the late 80's. Loved Pismo, Avila Beach and the dunes. Met the best three week stand of my life at Harrys.:Clapping:

Nah, I live in Bakersfield but Pismo is considered my second home like most valley residents. 

• Cheers 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

8 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

You probably in your car with a mask on.lol

Nope, not even my photo. This was taken by my neighbor today who drove over with his wife. 

5 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Nah, I live in Bakersfield but Pismo is considered my second home like most valley residents. 

I met a great girl who was staying at PCV ( sure you know the place) when I left Pismo , I stopped at her place in Bakersfield on my way back to Oklahoma. Good people who live in Bakersfield. 

UK researchers a few days ago released a new study.

They believe there may be 6 clusters of symptoms correlated to 6 different "types" of COVID-19 cases and the impacts.

Symptom clusters 4, 5, and 6 were more likely to require hospitalization or ventilation.

All people reporting symptoms experienced headache and loss of smell, with varying combinations of additional symptoms at various times. Some of these, such as confusion, abdominal pain and shortness of breath, are not widely known as COVID-19 symptoms, yet are hallmarks of the most severe forms of the disease.

The six clusters are as follows:

1. (‘flu-like’ with no fever): Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.
  2. (‘flu-like’ with fever): Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.
  3. (gastrointestinal): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.
  4. (severe level one, fatigue): Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.
  5. (severe level two, confusion): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.
  6. (severe level three, abdominal and respiratory): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain.

Next, the team investigated whether people experiencing particular symptom clusters were more likely to require breathing support in the form of ventilation or additional oxygen.

They discovered that only 1.5% of people with cluster 1, 4.4% of people with cluster 2 and 3.3% of people with cluster 3 COVID-19 required breathing support. These figures were 8.6%, 9.9% and 19.8% for clusters 4,5 and 6 respectively. Furthermore, nearly half of the patients in cluster 6 ended up in hospital, compared with just 16% of those in cluster 1.

Broadly, people with cluster 4,5 or 6 COVID-19 symptoms tended to be older and frailer, and were more likely to be overweight and have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes or lung disease than those with type 1,2 or 3.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/six-distinct-types-of-covid-19-identified

Paper is at:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.20129056v1

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

UK researchers a few days ago released a new study.

They believe there may be 6 clusters of symptoms correlated to 6 different "types" of COVID-19 cases and the impacts.

Symptom clusters 4, 5, and 6 were more likely to require hospitalization or ventilation.

Paper is at:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.20129056v1

Ever since I heard about people losing their sense of taste and smell, every morning when I wake up I take a deep breath to make sure I can smell the coffee on auto brew in the kitchen. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I met a great girl who was staying at PCV ( sure you know the place) when I left Pismo , I stopped at her place in Bakersfield on my way back to Oklahoma. Good people who live in Bakersfield. 

I definitely know of PCV, but I never stay there. Not my kind of "camping" lol. I always stayed at North Beach or Oceano. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The new reality show starts Tuesday.

I stopped watching season 1, plot got repetitive. But this is probably going to be the most entertaining season so far, I might have to start watching again.

50 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I stopped watching season 1, plot got repetitive. But this is probably going to be the most entertaining season so far, I might have to start watching again.

I'm afraid each episode might try to talk about 17 different story lines instead of sticking to the main plot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Trump Can't Take the Punches

"Mike Tyson famously said that “everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

Well, President Trump had a plan to defeat Sleepy Joe Biden. It went something like this.

1) The MAGA brand would evolve into KAG—“Keep America Great”—and Trump would use the period of economic prosperity he was overseeing to make the case to the voters that they shouldn’t trade horses midstream.

2) Then he’d cripple Biden with a Ukrainian pincer attack that would let Trump’s campaign and his Russian allies resuscitate the themes from their successful campaign against Crooked Hillary.

3) Finally, a whisper-turned-foghorn campaign about the former vice president’s problems with mental acuity and weakness and “stamina” would rekindle the atmospherics Trump used to defeat my former boss, Jeb Bush.

It might not have been a perfect plan. Or even the best plan—after all, it did get Trump impeached. But it was a plan with a chance at success. A plan that played to his political strengths. A plan that would have purchase with a significant portion of the electorate. And most importantly, it was a plan that an erratic president with negligible ability to use the more traditional levers of presidential influence was capable of executing.

As we near the final 100 days of the campaign, all three legs of Trump’s original plan have been cut from under him.

1) With unemployment at 11 percent and over 140,000 Americans dead from the virus, Keep America Great no longer rings true. So instead he is forced to try to sell Make America Great Again, Again! The problem with the MAGAA 2020 strategy is that it requires Trump to actually do something to demonstrate we are back on the right path—like, say, to take some action to mitigate the virus—rather than just complain about the bad things other people are doing.

2) The Hunter Biden/Burisma scandal already got him impeached and was a massive stretch to begin with, in comparison to an ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton. In this current news environment, he doesn’t even have much of a chance at doing what he does best—manufacturing fake scandals—because it’s hard to see a path back to the front pages for Joe Biden’s large adult son, no matter what nonsense Trump and the Russkies can drum up.

3) Sleepy Joe is starting to sound like a compliment and President Trump’s own performance is not bolstering the contrast with Biden on the issue of mental acuity.

So there you have it.

The president has been punched. And the new three-point plan is as follows:

1) Ignore the thing that is punching you in the mouth over and over again, causing death and economic destruction throughout the country.

2) Pray that someone else fixes the problem for you.

3) Depict yourself as the law-and-order president by sending federal cops in camo to clash with protesters and convince the world that Average Joe Biden is the leader of MS-13.

In short, Trump has got just over a hundred days left to get bailed out by the vaccine gods or come up with a new plan."

22 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

There are a number of articles about numerous countries that have their kids back in school. Here’s a pretty good one. The younger kids K-6 appear to do better which is inline with current statistics on age groups most susceptible to the virus. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/school-openings-across-globe-suggest-ways-keep-coronavirus-bay-despite-outbreaks

Thanks for the article.  It was a good read.  Science Magazine seems like an objective perspective which I appreciate. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

You know what’s missing from that photo? @BSUTOP25, that’s what!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg