bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

51 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mask.

Same for me 

1 minute ago, BYUcougfan said: I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

Who said only Trump???  

Did you even read my post?  I blamed it mostly on a 15 year campaign to deny and invalidate science.   That started long before Trump.   And yes I don’t doubt bar hoppers contribute to the problem but in our area many of the non-mask wearers are older white males.  

5 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

“Young liberals are too scared to leave the house” - Republicans

”Young liberals are selfish and spreading the disease by leaving the house too much” - also Republicans 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Quote from elsewhere and very true.

“Something tells me if Trump loses the election there will be a miracle cure found 10 minutes after Biden fumbles through his victory speech and forgets what he's at.”

Really?  You honestly believe someone would hold back a cure and allow people to die solely because of politics??    

You are really that cynical?

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Really?  You honestly believe someone would hold back a cure and allow people to die solely because of politics??    

You are really that cynical?

He's not that cynical. He's that obsessed with Trump.

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Initially Kern County was off the list, but our own county officials stated that we will probably fail the states monitoring metrics within the next few days and will be put back on the list. 

That post was directly from Newsom's original tweet listing the counties impacted. He edited the list later and removed Kern.

He then posted this tweet explaining it. Now the removal of Kern is getting push back from people replying to this tweet saying it should be on the list. Also the replies make comments about mask wearing in Kern.

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Dude CA has plenty of capacity.

I live hear and listen to people talk about masks.   My super Trumper friend has had 4 Bypasses and is overweight.  He also has a grandson getting chemo for luekemia.  We went to a party with 25 people none of whom were wearing masks.    

Someone already posted the survey on mask use.

The state activated the coronavirus surge center it created in Porterville (about midway between Fresno and Bakersfield for those who do not know it) about a week or so ago. It is located at the Porterville Developmental Center (formerly Porterville State Hospital).

They activated the first 50 beds out of the 400 potential beds. What I hear is that 15 to 20 patients are currently at the surge center after transfers from area hospitals.

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

Stupid hasn't got a designation of R or D .

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

The state activated the coronavirus surge center it created in Porterville (about midway between Fresno and Bakersfield for those who do not know it) about a week or so ago. It is located at the Porterville Developmental Center (formerly Porterville State Hospital).

They activated the first 50 beds out of the 400 potential beds. What I hear is that 15 to 20 patients are currently at the surge center after transfers from area hospitals.

Yeah well he traveled to Fresno from our area for his brothers 70 year old party.   I’m supposed to go to Shaver in a couple weeks and a bit worried about the environment as my wife is high risk.  

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

“Something tells me if Trump loses the election there will be a miracle cure found 10 minutes after Biden fumbles through his victory speech and forgets what he's at.”

All the more reason to vote for Biden, no ?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah well he traveled to Fresno from our area for his brothers 70 year old party.   I’m supposed to go to Shaver in a couple weeks and a bit worried about the environment as my wife is high risk.  

You've mentioned her risk before.

Between the locals and the lake front tourists, I'd expect a lot of people with no masks.

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

If your boy would have done exactly like Cuomo did he would be enjoying huge support.  Instead he bumbled incompetently and tried to bully the virus and science.   Most governors and world leaders capitalized politically on the virus.   Trump has nobody to blame but his own incompetence.  Poor... Trump... why did the virus happen to him...

baby crying GIF

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Posted Image

12 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

“Young liberals are too scared to leave the house” - Republicans

”Young liberals are selfish and spreading the disease by leaving the house too much” - also Republicans 

I have not heard any republicans say the first.  I have only heard the media and many Rs and Ds say the second.  You just make stuff up to fit some narrative in your head, which explains why you got a like from Retro.  That is his game too.

8 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I have not heard any republicans say the first.  I have only heard the media and many Rs and Ds say the second.  You just make stuff up to fit some narrative in your head, which explains why you got a like from Retro.  That is his game too.

Great Job Reaction GIF

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m so tired of stupid shit like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

A lot will use the first sentence as part of the anti-mask campaign.  "Why wear a mask?  If you are so scared that you wear one, maybe you should stay home".  Usually as a response to pro-maskers saying to wear one or stay home.  And right now the mask/anti-mask is pretty divided on political party.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Ok, You haven’t heard republicans say that, and I have. So... 

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A lot will use the first sentence as part of the anti-mask campaign.  "Why wear a mask?  If you are so scared that you wear one, maybe you should stay home".  Usually as a response to pro-maskers saying to wear one or stay home.  And right now the mask/anti-mask is pretty divided on political party.

The whole mask thing is odd to me.  I am not a fan of wearing them, and I doubt the shrillness of the call to wear them is any where near the efficacy of wearing them, but I wear them where required.  I think most republicans wear masks.  However, there are a few notable exceptions (Trump, Cruz) that contribute to the notion that republicans won't wear them.  Silliness....and for no real political gain.