bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

I've had several come to me in the past few days letting me know that they'll be either looking for something cheaper or moving back in with parents due to financial hardship. They just can't find work. I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet in terms of financial suffering.

Don’t worry, if the senate republicans get their wish and the extra $600 for unemployment is allowed to end and the second stimulus check is heavily means tested, we will see more financial suffering soon enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody remember that article about how the protests near Seattle were not spreading COVID-19?  Yeah, turns out the virus, sadly is not anti-racist.

image.png.0e1b94624225c18a119f7794eca3ef0b.png

Any contact tracing done?

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Spend time in the Blue Bay Area or the Red valley and you see people wearing masks in Bay and not in the valley.   And yes people of all stripes are irresponsible but it’s flamed by a President who says the CDC and Doctors are lying and the dumb +++++s who believe him.

In Placer we have morons not wearing masks sitting at booths to impeach Newsom.  

I am surprised I have not read about Fresno's and Placerville's hospitals being overrun.  It must be bad if they are responsible for the spike given the huge populations in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and the like.

3 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

California Governor Gavin Newsom just rolled back the state reopening.

In all counties, he ordered a closure of bars, movie theaters, indoor services such as dining and wine tasting, etc.

Then for 30 counties currently experiencing large outbreaks, he also has ordered the closure of churches, gyms, hair and nail salons and barber shops, and indoor malls.

The 30 counties with larger closures are: Colusa, Contra Costa, Fresno, Glenn, Imperial, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Joaquin, Santa Barbara, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tulare, Yolo, Yuba, and Ventura.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-13/newsom-california-county-rollback-reopening-coronavirus

Initially Kern County was off the list, but our own county officials stated that we will probably fail the states monitoring metrics within the next few days and will be put back on the list. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

33 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am surprised I have not read about Fresno's and Placerville's hospitals being overrun.  It must be bad if they are responsible for the spike given the huge populations in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and the like.

Dude CA has plenty of capacity.

I live hear and listen to people talk about masks.   My super Trumper friend has had 4 Bypasses and is overweight.  He also has a grandson getting chemo for luekemia.  We went to a party with 25 people none of whom were wearing masks.    

Someone already posted the survey on mask use.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody remember that article about how the protests near Seattle were not spreading COVID-19?  Yeah, turns out the virus, sadly is not anti-racist.

Dude, Washington had maybe 1000 daily cases.  It is 1/3 the population size of Florida.  If it had the same population of Florida it would have 3,000 daily cases.  Florida has 15K daily cases!  This isn't a really great comparison.

Posted Image

3 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

California Governor Gavin Newsom just rolled back the state reopening.

In all counties, he ordered a closure of bars, movie theaters, indoor services such as dining and wine tasting, etc.

Then for 30 counties currently experiencing large outbreaks, he also has ordered the closure of churches, gyms, hair and nail salons and barber shops, and indoor malls.

The 30 counties with larger closures are: Colusa, Contra Costa, Fresno, Glenn, Imperial, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Merced, Monterey, Napa, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Joaquin, Santa Barbara, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tulare, Yolo, Yuba, and Ventura.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-13/newsom-california-county-rollback-reopening-coronavirus

Actual press conference video of the announcement

madmax3-bartertown.gif?w=500

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Not me. But anytime I'm around anyone else in the public I do.

I was referring to your post that commented the percent of people that wear masks outside the home. Maybe the poll should have said in a public place. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You’re kidding right? How do you contact trace in a mob of hundreds most of whom don’t know each other?  

Yeah, maybe contact tracing isn't the right phrase.

What I'm looking for is some kind of study or survey or tracing that demonstrates the protests are significantly responsible for the spikes. I mean, there's a big church thing in Louisiana or whatever, and a bunch of people that were there get covid and that's trackable to the source with some reliability. We need to see large cases arise from people that attended protests. Show me the money. To my knowledge, all we have right now is supposition. Seems like outdoor transmission isn't as likely, but like I said, show me the money.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Idaho’s graph is similar after 3,000 attended the George Floyd vigil. The open bars contributed, but 3,000 people shoulder to shoulder had to be a factor unless protesters are exempt. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho’s graph is similar after 3,000 attended the George Floyd vigil. The open bars contributed, but 3,000 people shoulder to shoulder had to be a factor unless protesters are exempt. 

Bars are the big one here in Boise.  I walked around downtown a few nights with a lady friend to people watch without actually going in.  They were packed with 20'somethings.  The 3,000 protest was a factor as well.

49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How many of you wear a mask when you step out your front door? 

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mask.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mas.

Literally exactly what I do as well. I keep a mask in my car, a mask in my wife’s car, and a mask at home for when I go out and walk; goes in my pocket just in case I have to walk past people I throw it on real quick, and once I walk a few strides past them I take it back off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Dude CA has plenty of capacity.

I live hear and listen to people talk about masks.   My super Trumper friend has had 4 Bypasses and is overweight.  He also has a grandson getting chemo for luekemia.  We went to a party with 25 people none of whom were wearing masks.    

Someone already posted the survey on mask use.

I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.