bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

5 hours ago, Warbow said:

Sorry to hear that.

im waiting for the day someone is charged with manslaughter for someone who knows they have the virus and knowingly spreading the virus to someone who passes from it. Or even not having it at the time but is exposed to it and makes contract With someone who dies from it.

I think they had it happen with AIDS. 

Given it his his relative and he was dropping off groceries I’m sure he feels pretty bad already.   Hard to understand how people can be so ill informed then I watch Fox News and go oh yeah.... that’s why.

lets hope everyone comes through okay so he isn’t burdened with that guilt. 

8 hours ago, Warbow said:

Give it a few weeks.

I tend to be in the same camp as you but we don’t know yet if the better treatment protocols will prevent more deaths or just delay the inevitable.   Most likely it is a bit of both.   But no point for either side to spike the football yet. Ideally, @modestobulldog would be correct.   

6 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I got a call from my mother about 15 minutes ago that my dumbass cousin potentially exposed my 95 year old grandmother and 70 year old uncle who is diabetic. He lives with his mother-in-law who tested positive almost a week and a half ago, but he didn't tell anybody. He was at my grandmother's house on Monday dropping off groceries fully aware that he lives with someone with COVID, but thought it was okay because he "feels fine". Now my dad has been exposed because he's at my grandmother's almost every day cleaning the house and doing minor maintenance and I was with him on Thursday. Thankfully nobody has shown any symptoms, but the whole family is getting tested on Tuesday.    

I had a similar situation in my family back in April. The tough time was waiting several days for test results on an 84 year old which came back negative.

Hopefully your situation comes back with negative tests also.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Guess I was wrong.  Where does he get his news?  

He's 36 who still acts like he's in high school. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

35 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

I had a similar situation in my family back in April. The tough time was waiting several days for test results on an 84 year old which came back negative.

Hopefully your situation comes back with negative tests also.

Thank you, I hope so too. 

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Given it his his relative and he was dropping off groceries I’m sure he feels pretty bad already.   Hard to understand how people can be so ill informed then I watch Fox News and go oh yeah.... that’s why.

lets hope everyone comes through okay so he isn’t burdened with that guilt. 

Prior to 2020 this type of behavior was considered exemplary.  How many of us would go to work and claim "allergies".  That kind of behavior will not be tolerated in the future, and that is a good thing.  Flying is the drizzling shits, partially because a lot of people fly when they are sick.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

Australia is taking steps to control their 2nd wave - they just announced they are isolating the entire state of Victoria (Melbourne) effective midnight local time - 2 hours ago.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Deaths continue to fall despite rising cases.  If hospitals can keep up we will gradually beat this thing. 

thats because Cuomo stopped forcing infected people back into nursing homes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Prior to 2020 this type of behavior was considered exemplary.  How many of us would go to work and claim "allergies".  That kind of behavior will not be tolerated in the future, and that is a good thing.  Flying is the drizzling shits, partially because a lot of people fly when they are sick.

As a teacher this pandemic opened up a whole new can of worms for our education system. We are still in the dark on how we will manage the new school year and we are supposed to start in 7 weeks. If a teacher tests positive do we get extended sick leave past our standard 10 days? If a student tests positive after showing up at school are all of the students in the class required to quarantine for 14 days? Will the school districts be required to pay for our PPE gear or are we on our own? As you said, we can no longer work through our sickness if these are the measures they are wanting to put in place. These kids are walking time bombs. In my previous years I've had to teach in front of 30+ students wrapped up in a blanket and sipping hot tea mixed with Thereflu while downing throat lozenges like candy since I already used up my sick leave from a previous illness.  

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

A good video. Most of you people could stand to learn a thing or two

I think we now know why climate change models are horseshit

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

46 minutes ago, Bob said:

Seems like a propaganda piece with no medical journals sources. Love how he added hydroxychloroquine as "proven" treatment lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

thats because Cuomo stopped forcing infected people back into nursing homes. 

You do realize that about 125,000 out of 130,000 American COVID deaths occurred outside New York nursing homes, right? :blink:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Ahhh... how nice. Boob found a moving picture with pretty colors he wanted to share with us. 

Well, one good turn deserves another. Here's a (very) short film I'm sure you'll enjoy, Bob. You'll find it highly relatable.

tenor.gif 

• Haha 3

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You do realize that about 125,000 out of 130,000 American COVID deaths occurred outside New York nursing homes, right? :blink:

I guess you have to support him somehow, the gov who threatened suing states that prohibited New Yorkers from entering then turns around and prohibits people from several states from entering.   

If Trump had sent 1 infected person to a nursing home you would all be screaming murder.  More Democratic Hypocrisy at its finest. 

• Cheers 1