bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Lol. I don’t think we will beat this thing in a few weeks. 

The deaths will increase in a few weeks.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Wearing a mask or not is a common sense decision. Most Americans don’t have any common sense when they have to decide between choices. How many of you have a natural reaction of covering your face when you sneeze or cough even before the COVID?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Deaths continue to fall despite rising cases.  If hospitals can keep up we will gradually beat this thing. 

The problem definitely is the hospitals.

The new hot spot areas shows why hospitals are the weak spot.

Houston and San Antonio are saying the next two weeks are critical for their hospitals.

In the Rio Grande Valley:

Hospitals in the Rio Grande Valley sounded the alarm Saturday as their beds filled to capacity with COVID-19 patients and some began transferring patients elsewhere.

Ten of 12 hospitals in Hidalgo, Cameron and Starr counties are now on “diversion status,” which means all their beds are full, although Hidalgo County spokesperson Carlos Sanchez said it’s a “fluid situation so diversions may be lifted at any moment.”

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/04/texas-coronavirus-rio-grande-valley-hospitals/

In Phoenix, a man had his kidney transplant cancelled due to a lack of bed space.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/07/04/darren-skousen-kidney-transplant-hospital-beds-arizona/5373352002/

7 day rolling average in Texas for deaths was headed up starting around Memorial Day, dipped in the middle of the month, and has been heading up since then. Around here, all the numbers are heading up.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

The problem definitely is the hospitals.

The new hot spot areas shows why hospitals are the weak spot.

Houston and San Antonio are saying the next two weeks are critical for their hospitals.

In the Rio Grande Valley:

In Phoenix, a man had his kidney transplant cancelled due to a lack of bed space.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2020/07/04/darren-skousen-kidney-transplant-hospital-beds-arizona/5373352002/

Yea people just don’t understand (or do understand and pretend not to) that not all deaths because of COVID are from people infected with it. Hospitals at capacity mean there will be other deaths not related to COVID that would have otherwise been preventable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea people just don’t understand (or do understand and pretend not to) that not all deaths because of COVID are from people infected with it. Hospitals at capacity mean there will be other deaths not related to COVID that would have otherwise been preventable. 

Definitely. I know of a few. Patients with a first time MI or stroke who probably should have survived it but with not enough resources available, due to Covid19 hospitalizations, succumbing to the event.

I got a call from my mother about 15 minutes ago that my dumbass cousin potentially exposed my 95 year old grandmother and 70 year old uncle who is diabetic. He lives with his mother-in-law who tested positive almost a week and a half ago, but he didn't tell anybody. He was at my grandmother's house on Monday dropping off groceries fully aware that he lives with someone with COVID, but thought it was okay because he "feels fine". Now my dad has been exposed because he's at my grandmother's almost every day cleaning the house and doing minor maintenance and I was with him on Thursday. Thankfully nobody has shown any symptoms, but the whole family is getting tested on Tuesday.    

• Angry 2
  • Sad 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

22 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I got a call from my mother about 15 minutes ago that my dumbass cousin potentially exposed my 95 year old grandmother and 70 year old uncle who is diabetic. He lives with his mother-in-law who tested positive almost a week and a half ago, but he didn't tell anybody. He was at my grandmother's house on Monday dropping off groceries fully aware that he lives with someone with COVID, but thought it was okay because he "feels fine". Now my dad has been exposed because he's at my grandmother's almost every day cleaning the house and doing minor maintenance and I was with him on Thursday. Thankfully nobody has shown any symptoms, but the whole family is getting tested on Tuesday.    

Sorry to hear that.

im waiting for the day someone is charged with manslaughter for someone who knows they have the virus and knowingly spreading the virus to someone who passes from it. Or even not having it at the time but is exposed to it and makes contract With someone who dies from it.

I think they had it happen with AIDS. 

42 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Sorry to hear that.

im waiting for the day someone is charged with manslaughter for someone who knows they have the virus and knowingly spreading the virus to someone who passes from it. Or even not having it at the time but is exposed to it and makes contract With someone who dies from it.

I think they had it happen with AIDS. 

He still thinks he did nothing wrong which is even more infuriating. Safe to say he's not welcome around the rest of our family anytime soon. 

• Sad 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

20 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

He still thinks he did nothing wrong which is even more infuriating. Safe to say he's not welcome around the rest of our family anytime soon. 

Just goes to show good intentions (picking up groceries) can have terrible outcomes when coupled with ignorance.

Will keep your family in my prayers tonight.

• Cheers 2

You see crowds of people all over the country acting like the Cvirus is nothing to be overly concerned about. Most of them appear to be in the 20-30 age group. The mentality appears to be if I get it I’ll be sick for a few days and recover which is mostly true in that age group. That mentality is difficult to break and why minimizing the spread is not going to be easy. 

8 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Deaths continue to fall despite rising cases.  If hospitals can keep up we will gradually beat this thing. 

8 hours ago, Warbow said:

Give it a few weeks.

We have been, 11 weeks.  Deaths down over 75% since peak.  

Screenshot_20200703-224950.png

Screenshot_20200703-225051.png

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

That is dumbassery for sure.

110926run_defense710.jpg