bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hmmm... given the spirit of the holiday weekend and my unusually good nature today, I'll answer as if you weren't being a complete c*nt.

Three times in as many weeks I've had a anti-masker encounter - twice in small, family (of nuthuggers)-owned pool supply store from which I've been purchasing my pool chemicals for the last 15 years, and once in a Von's.

In the instance of the former, after two instances - a maskless customer in their store, and then their Idiot Son - I have made the decision to shop elsewhere. Not because of politics - as I said, I've been paying them above-market for chlorine and muriatic acid for many moons (I do it to support small business and because they have (IMO) superior chlorine) - but because I am not going to increase my risk of exposure due to their politics.

In the second instance, I was standing in line waiting to check out in Von's - who has a strict *must wear* mask policy - when I heard some guy in the adjacent line say, "Hey - are you in line? Oh, okay [cough, cough]." It was the coughing that had me look. When I looked over, no mask. I, on the other hand, between my #CovidClothes, mirror blackout goggles, lid, and triple-layer mask look like Deadpool's poorer cousin, Deadbroke.

There was no way he could see I was casting sideways eye, so I displayed my disapproval with multiple emphatic shakes of the head. I kept staring, he looked away. Maybe in hindsight I was trying to bait the guy to say something, but in the absence of his provocation I wasn't going to accost him - but damn if I'm not going to ask the manager (working my lane) if it's acceptable when I check out. Which I did. She gave me an emphatic "NO" in response and asked if I had seen a customer without one. I pointed him out, and she called the cashier over, then called him. In classic He-Karen form, he gave her some lip before walking out.

As he was passing by on the other side of the counter, he gestures towards me and says, "it was HIM, huh?"

To which I got a little salty and said, "YEAH it was me, +++++er. How about you stick around for a minute outside and we'll talk about it?" And as he continued walking  away I called after him, "Get with the program, asshole!" And guess what? The manager thanked me - twice - for "standing up to him." 

I didn't know what to expect leaving the store. I had a 6-pack of cans in my left hand, a 6-pack of bottles in my right.  On the way to the door I was trying to decide whether I should break the entire f*cking 6-pack upside his MAGA b¡tch dome, or drop the 6-pack and just swing one bottle if he was waiting to blindside me as I left the store. #Decisions

But nope - he was f*cking ghost. And I wasn't surprised. In my experience, the loudest tend to be the biggest pusses when push comes to shove.

Other than that, on my next trip to Von's to buy 4th of July steaks I had to ask two gentlemen to please maintain 'social distance' of 6 feet. I had patiently waited for the two women in front of me to make their selections in turn and depart before I made my selection. But when I walked up there, these two guys mobbed up almost immediately. But when I asked - respectfully - they both acknowledged and complied without issue. And in all fairness, I've been on the other side of that equation, where I've accidentally crowded on someone and have had to be reminded - these are big-little changes we are all trying to make.

But at this point in time - at least here where it's been an enforceable county mandate for months - the only reason some MAGA dipshit is going to refuse to wear a mask in an establishment that has similarly been requiring it for as long is to be a b¡tch MAGAt f*cking troll, and no, I do not have an infinite well of patience for those c*nts.

Just like our president   all blow  and a big phussy!!!!!

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

“About 100 Texans” isn’t really a comparable model, not even close.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Thirty-one players were positive for COVID-19 in Major League Baseball's first round of coronavirus testing, the league and players' union announced Friday.

Seven staff members also tested positive. The 38 positives represent 1.2% of 3,185 samples collected for the first set of results. For comparison, the NBA on June 26 reported a 5.3% rate of positive tests (16 of 302) among players, while MLS announced a positive rate of 2.7% (18 of 668) among players two days later.

The positives come from 19 MLB teams, the league said. All 30 teams began training camp Friday at their home ballparks.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29406217/31-mlb-players-positive-coronavirus-first-round-tests

57 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

“About 100 Texans” isn’t really a comparable model, not even close.

The protests in Dallas and Fort Worth werent exactly large.  Only Houston really did.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, RSF said:

The protests in Dallas and Fort Worth werent exactly large.  Only Houston really did.

Come on man.

EZ26oh1WsAErcpT?format=jpg&name=large
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/thousands-march-through-downtown-dallas-in-one-of-most-diverse-protests-to-date/2384035/%3famp

Thats just on the 9th day of protests in a row, after they’d already had to institute a curfew for a few days due to rioting.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

19 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Come on man.

EZ26oh1WsAErcpT?format=jpg&name=large
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/thousands-march-through-downtown-dallas-in-one-of-most-diverse-protests-to-date/2384035/%3famp

Thats just on the 9th day of protests in a row, after they’d already had to institute a curfew for a few days due to rioting.

Not to mention all of those protesters in MN, NYC and Seattle

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Come on man.

So that is why a major GOP supporter in Houston told the Governor to have the National Guard shoot to kill?

In the days after George Floyd's death in police custody in Minneapolis last month, as massive protests against police brutality spread across Texas and other states, conservative power broker Steve Hotze of Houston called Gov. Greg Abbott's chief of staff to pass along a message.

"I want you to give a message to the governor," Hotze told Abbott's chief of staff, Luis Saenz, in a voicemail. "I want to make sure that he has National Guard down here and they have the order to shoot to kill if any of these son-of-a-bitch people start rioting like they have in Dallas, start tearing down businesses — shoot to kill the son of a bitches. That’s the only way you restore order. Kill ‘em. Thank you."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/03/steve-hotze-texas-greg-abbott-rioters/

27 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Guilfoyle and Don Jr supposedly are going to drive (not fly) back to the east coast.

I guess we won't see Don Jr in public for the next few weeks due to quarantine if he follows the recommended protocols.

Rules are for suckers.

28 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Guilfoyle and Don Jr supposedly are going to drive (not fly) back to the east coast.

I guess we won't see Don Jr in public for the next few weeks due to quarantine if he follows the recommended protocols.

If there's a Cosmic Muffin..........Donald Trump & Mike Pence will have to negotiate Covid 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Not sure how you can even show your face in this thread. Mr. 2.2 million deaths. You're a joke

You're a certifiable dipshit, Bob. Dumb as leaded f*cking paint. You remind me of a joke:

A blind man walks into a saloon and finds his way up to the bar. As Bob pours him a drink, the blind man asks, "Hey - you want to hear a nuthugger joke?"

Bob tells the blind man, "look man. Before you continue, you should know something. The guy sitting to your left is 6'3, a patched biker, and just got out of prison for beating a man to death. He's a nuthugger. The guy sitting to your right is a 6'2" 220lb MMA fighter, and he's a nuthugger. And I'm a nuthugger too. Now are you sure you want to tell that joke?"

The blind man takes a sip of  his drink and says, "Nah. I don't want to have to explain it three times."

Happy 4th of July, b¡tch tits! :thumbsup:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Hospitalizations are rising

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hospitalizations are rising

Why can’t people just wear a goddamn mask and stay six feet apart until things normalize? They’re opening up the restaurants and stores here in Massachusetts with those rules in place and I bet it goes far better than other places where they are not. You can go out and enjoy the finer things if you just use a little +++++ing caution. Wearing a mask and staying six feet apart is just common sense.

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Why can’t people just wear a goddamn mask and stay six feet apart until things normalize? They’re opening up the restaurants and stores here in Massachusetts with those rules in place and I bet it goes far better than other places where they are not in place. You can go out and enjoy the finer things if you just use a little +++++ing caution. Wearing a mask and staying six feet apart is just common sense.

But being asked to wear a mask is tyranny and if we comply the next step is gas chambers - Trump lovers, probably

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater