bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Who is “they” that told you it didn’t do as well in the heat? Stop listening to them. 

It was all over the news in April and Early May.  It was speculation, not statement of fact.

110926run_defense710.jpg

15 hours ago, pokerider said:

We shut down the country and everyone stayed home for awhile.  It didn't fkng work.  There is no way we can all stay home and ride this out.  People should be vigilant and careful and change their behavior but can only go so far and for so long. 
THey told us this crap didn't do as well in the heat and that hasn't held up, they told us it would subside and it hasn't.  
How many here would quit their job and just stay home?  How long could you do that for.  

True most can’t stay home forever but sadly there are more than a few dumb as +++++ individuals that can’t do the basic shit required to allow us to muddle through.  Just +++++ing wear a mask and social distance.  Avoid crowded indoor spaces that are super spreading events.  I’m as Christian as the next person but standing shoulder to shoulder singing with no mask is +++++ing stupid.   God gave you a brain, try to use it......

sorry for the rant.  I’ve been working to curb my tongue but geez.... it’s like the right is spiking the ball in their own +++++ing end zone.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Lots of people hoped it would be like the influenza virus.  AZ has pretty much killed off that hope.  

Everybody should have hoped for that. But those who proclaimed it would, instead of hoping for it, should not be believed on the subject.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Everybody should have hoped for that. But those who proclaimed it would, instead of hoping for it, should not be believed on the subject.

If that is the standard, then nobody should be believed. Everybody's been wrong in some aspect from the beginning.We were lied to by the experts about the efficacy of masks. We were even told it makes it worse.

110926run_defense710.jpg

The trends continue to go in the opposite direction. 7-day moving average of daily new deaths down to 564, from 2,255 - a 75% reduction. Strange that the media doesn't talk about it.

Screenshot_20200703-075203.png

Screenshot_20200703-075025.png

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

The trends continue to go in the opposite direction. 7-day moving average of daily new deaths down to 564, from 2,255 - a 75% reduction. Strange that the media doesn't talk about it.

Screenshot_20200703-075203.png

Screenshot_20200703-075025.png

Because the don’t want to look dumb and be told deaths are a trailing indicator.  When you post hospitalizations will be a first. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Sean Hannity has recorded a "Wear a Mask" PSA that Fox News now runs.

The PSA video is at this link.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-hannity-to-encourage-mask-wearing-in-psa-airing-on-fox-news/

Nothing like waiting until the horse is out of the barn.  The MF should be excoriated and run off the network. 

25 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Because the don’t want to look dumb and be told deaths are a trailing indicator.  When you post hospitalizations will be a first. 

Why be redundant with NorCal and others?

110926run_defense710.jpg

17 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

This is going to send the freedom & liberty loving Texans right over the edge !!!  :o

Several loopholes in the order.  The counties with 20 cases is obvious -placate rural voters.  Also, religious services are exempt - lots of evangelicals.  While one can be issued a ticket, cant picture that happening much.  Honesty, legal enforcement is tricky.  That will remain in the hands of individual businesses.

Its the hospitalization trend that got Abbott to reverse course.  And the trend for deaths here in Texas isnt really going down.  Its like election polls - national numbers dont tell the story.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

31 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

And you refuse to acknowledge the 10+ week breakage of the two trends. We are better protecting the vulnerable, we are treating better, nearly 50 percent of the deaths are from a very small part of the overall population, the phased Whack-a-Mole reopening is working because some locations are having to back up.  They will tamp things down.  Florida, Texas, Arizona will be fine.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

39 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

And you refuse to acknowledge the 10+ week breakage of the two trends. We are better protecting the vulnerable, we are treating better, nearly 50 percent of the deaths are from a very small part of the overall population, the phased Whack-a-Mole reopening is working because some locations are having to back up.  They will tamp things down.  Florida, Texas, Arizona will be fine.  

Far to early to proclaim a strategy will work for the long run.  One thing learned is that the assumptions that appear to be correct often are not 60 days later.

Whack-a-Mole is working right now and allowing most states to re-open.  But it’s allowing the infections to be prevalent at a much higher number in the south.  So if a second wave does hit in the fall, it COULD be much worse than originally anticipated.  If that happens all the moles head will pop up at once and we we won’t have a big enough mallet.

14 hours ago, mysfit said:

Can you imagine the response if Bush had told NY, well you're on your own dealing with 9/11?

Yep, Trump said you'ze on your own bitches....

• The Small Business Administration issued more than $20.3 billion in loans to 81,075 New York small businesses as of April 20. 
  •  The Federal Emergency Management Agency committed $1.3 billion. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo this week said President Donald Trump agreed to waive the state's 25 percent share of that aid.
  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provided more than $28 million to New York through the Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act.
  • Health and Human Services awarded more than $76.6 million in CARES Act funding to 63 health facilities across New York to combat COVID-19 as of April 21.
  • New York medical providers were allocated $1.85 billion for the first round of funding from the Provider Relief Fund, with most of that provided by April 10.
  • The state has received more than $2.18 billion from HHS through the Provider Relief Fund, Centers for Disease Control funding, Health Resources and Services Administration health centers, and other HHS grants.
  • $1.7 million to support small rural hospitals and promote tele-medicine in rural communities.
  • The U.S. Treasury is providing stimulus relief to states, Native American tribes and eligible local government agencies under the CARES Act’s Coronavirus Relief Fund. Combined with local government aid, the state will receive more than $7.5 billion — $5.2 billion has already been allocated.
  • The USNS Navy Hospital Ship arrived in New York Harbor on March 30 to provide New York with hundreds of additional hospital beds. The ship ultimately handled less than 200 patients.
  • The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers set up an emergency hospital at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan. 
  • The U.S. military sent hundreds of physicians and nurses into New York City hospitals to augment staffing.

Darn these facts that keep getting in the way of your Trump narratives.  What Trump should have done is shut NYC off from the rest of country for a month! 

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

True most can’t stay home forever but sadly there are more than a few dumb as +++++ individuals that can’t do the basic shit required to allow us to muddle through.  Just +++++ing wear a mask and social distance.  Avoid crowded indoor spaces that are super spreading events.  I’m as Christian as the next person but standing shoulder to shoulder singing with no mask is +++++ing stupid.   God gave you a brain, try to use it......

sorry for the rant.  I’ve been working to curb my tongue but geez.... it’s like the right is spiking the ball in their own +++++ing end zone.  

Yes, your absolutely right.  I have some in my family that I've argued with about wearing a mask, they think its some horrible thing.  I told them its not a good idea to be around groups of people period and if you are you should wear a mask. 
I don't necessarily think people should need one outdoors for the most part but if your at someplace where people are packed together such as a concert, party, beach, protest), then wear a mask.  
You also do have to keep in mind that wearing a mask is difficult for some people too, my older brother has emphysema and he can't really deal with a mask very well.  My wife works with a heavy smoker who can't hardly breath.  They have to muddle thru. 

I think we should all have a Darth Vader type mask myself... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

I can tell you for a fact things are bad in AZ.   I have front line data.   It’s not a breakage in trends if deaths are offset from a timing standpoint.  Shift your curve 4-8 weeks and your decline of deaths aligns with the decline of cases we saw before the recent hockey stick rise in cases an the rise in hospitalizations.  

Your data is misleading but you post it anyway in I’m guessing some misguided hope of winning the troll derby :waiting:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Nothing like waiting until the horse is out of the barn.  The MF should be excoriated and run off the network. 

I find that many conservatives are slow to react and resistant to things out of the routine.  It is great for some things and it reduces overreaction, but it can also screw people over.  This is one of those times.

• Like 1