bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

5 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I do think the expert knuck+++++les messed us up big time in the lie they told at the beginning. Telling us that masks don't work, in fact they make things worse. It was an outright lie to prevent hoarding of masks and to redirect masks to essential workers. Even Fauci has admitted it.  So nobody should get their panties in the wad when people refuse to wear masks.

These are the reasons people have no trust in so called experts or government. You best learn to take care of yourself because government is always too little too late. It’s pretty simple, other than immediate family you live with, avoid or keep your distance from others as much as possible. Anyone that goes near a crowd is a dope. 

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

It's never going back to the way it was. As I've mentioned for several years, flying is the drizzling s****. Movie theaters, I don't think they're ever coming back. Crowds indoors? I don't think so. Heck, I don't think even churches are going to be coming back.

I'm traveling right now.  Really kinda nice with flights only 1/2 to 2/3 full. And not as many folks moving around the cabin. 

7 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

It's never going back to the way it was. As I've mentioned for several years, flying is the drizzling s****. Movie theaters, I don't think they're ever coming back. Crowds indoors? I don't think so. Heck, I don't think even churches are going to be coming back.

These things always come back.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

I'm traveling right now.  Really kinda nice with flights only 1/2 to 2/3 full. And not as many folks moving around the cabin. 

Good luck in the virus incubator.

110926run_defense710.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

:surrender:

16 hours ago, retrofade said:

hmm.... maybe he shouldn't have opened them up to begin with.

Not so fast. There are gyms here that are suing to stay open. Bars can stay open if they sell enough food by percentage. (I've heard of bars going to 1 dollar drinks while charging 10.00 for a hot dog) Ducey is starting to waffle a bit. Arizona. Geezus

12 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I never thought we would ever agree on anything.

Kind of amazing that the more people talk, the more we can find some common ground. 

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

+++++! My mother in law just got a call from her dentist that she may have been exposed to COVID. She had a dental emergency last week and had no choice but to go in. That was a week ago, and she just found out today. On top of that, she started running a low grade fever. She had a test done this morning, but it could take 2-4 days to come back because this state +++++ing sucks with our testing. 

She's an at risk category because she has asthma and diabetes. 

• Sad 5

My sister-in-law is an immunobiologist at an ivy league school. She runs a lab that has now been converted to 100% COVID research.... what she told my wife tonight scares the shit out of me. I'm not going to go into great detail, but all of the numbers and their research is showing that the next few weeks are going to be incredibly bad. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

_113144399_us_cases_texas-nc.png

It is not just the new Texas cases that are now climbing exponentially. Many of those could be recovering at home.

This is the daily new COVID-19 admissions at Texas Medical Center in Houston. Not the number of COVID patients occupying beds each day, the number of new admissions. It is increasing at a higher rate daily, climbing with the positive new cases.

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/tmc-daily-new-covid-19-hospitalizations/

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

My sister-in-law is an immunobiologist at an ivy league school. She runs a lab that has now been converted to 100% COVID research.... what she told my wife tonight scares the shit out of me. I'm not going to go into great detail, but all of the numbers and their research is showing that the next few weeks are going to be incredibly bad. 

That the next 2-6 weeks are going to be bad shouldn't come as a surprise to people who have followed this closely

There is significant latency between exposure to symptoms to seeking help.

Your mother in law for example

Someone in that dentist's office was exposed but had no symptoms

They can go 72 hours being contagious without even knowing it. They feel crappy for another 24-72 hours before being tested

Add in how long it takes to get the results. Then perform contact tracing to warn anyone who may have been exposed. That easily chews up a week or 2.

The scientists and doctors have all been trying to shake people to understand how far this could spread before it's even identified. Then you get folks who think well gosh we flattened that curve and can now go back to normal. WRONG.

The minute you start reopening that curve starts right back up.

Unless you do it in steps ALONG with testing and contact tracing.

We are now at the same point we would have been at if we never closed. People are not prepared and the bulk of that unpreparedness goes back to the president bungling this from start to finish

He +++++ed up but we are the ones who will pay for it. We needed national coordination by experts.

PS everyone in that dental office should have been wearing masks so crossed fingers

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

49 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Others are saying the same thing.

Exponential growth of hospitalizations will stress the medical system in many areas in the next few weeks.

37 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Others are saying the same thing.

Exponential growth of hospitalizations will stress the medical system in many areas in the next few weeks.

Yep. Plus, I can honestly take her at her word. She's one of the most apolitical people that I've ever met. The only thing that matters to her is the science and data. I hope and pray that those things end up being incorrect, but I'm still very concerned. 

• Like 1