bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is expressing concern about the rising numbers in his state. Last week he was downplaying the numbers.

Today he said:

“We want to make sure everyone reinforces the best safe practices of wearing a mask, hand sanitation, maintaining safe distance, but importantly, because the spread is so rampant right now, there’s never a reason for you to have to leave your home unless you need to go out,” Abbott said on KBTX. “The safest place for you is at your home.”

In Houston, Texas Children’s Hospital is now admitting adult patients in order to support other hospitals being impacted by a surge in admissions.

Texas has also started suspending liquor licenses of bars not maintaining social distancing.

20 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

The death rate is much lower than 2%. Its more like .025 percent. kind of blows away your whole argument there

truly incredible when 0.09% of New York has died of coronavirus. If they only hadn't had their entire population undergo the infection 4 times they'd have been much better off

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

First for those of you working in healthcare, thanks. It can be a tough situation.

The 200 bed Lodi Adventist Hospital in Lodi, CA has developed a COVID-19 outbreak among its staff. It is the only hospital in the city of 70,000 people.

As result the hospital is temporarily only accepting COVID-19 patients, emergency cases, and OB cases. The labor/delivery/post-partum departments and staff have been isolated from contact with the rest of the hospital.

All other patients are now being diverted 20 miles to a hospital in Stockton.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, CV147 said:

It's fair. Trump banned travelers from Europe when they had COVID-19 problems. Europe's leaders of course cried like babies.

And to be fair, I’m sure Trump is crying like a baby about this.

3 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Lol. USA! USA!

Not a surprise, of course, but this is sad. I haven't seen the Euro side of my family in a year, and it's increasingly looking like I won't see them this year. 

I'm also worried about the WH's potential reactions. Please no wine tax... 

Stick with diversified technology stocks thick and thin. If you were perhaps getting freaked out months ago tapping your inner Catholic pull out method using the rhythm method...you don't belong in Manhattan long term.  The Equity markets are not for the frail of heart nor the short term thinkers.  Research, buy, hold. and out perform. With some modifications quarterly minimum. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

4 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Florida is now pulling business licenses if social distancing and other rules are not followed.

A bar popular with students at UCF had its liquor license suspended after a large number of patrons and employees tested positive.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-bars-license-suspended-after-41-workers-and-patrons-test-positive-for-covid-19/2252648/

Gov. Ron DeSantis said today that restaurants and bars will be checked and licenses suspended if they are not following precautions.

I can attest to this...a favorite place of mine on the harbor here was packed with people the last two weeks. My lady and I would walk by and walk away. Today , since it's my ' Friday ' we decided to check it out again. 

The place was set back up to having tables 6 feet apart, it's a small place, so that meant only 6 tables for dining. My bartender there told me they were given a ' notice' to adhere to the rules. He was pissed because his tips just dropped significantly. ..again. 

Places all over became lax. ...now there going to be warned and then shut down. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Do you enjoy putting the USA down? What has this country done to you to hate it? 

I enjoy putting your mom down. Doggy style so I don't have to see her face. USA! USA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

I'm concerned about Arizona, 3600 new cases today and statewide their ICU's are 84% full

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/arizona-reports-record-single-day-increase-in-coronavirus-cases-ahead-of-trumps-visit.html

I wonder if everyone being inside breathing recirculated air is a contributor?

Texas, Arizona, and Florida

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

I'm concerned about Arizona, 3600 new cases today and statewide their ICU's are 84% full

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/arizona-reports-record-single-day-increase-in-coronavirus-cases-ahead-of-trumps-visit.html

That’s what I’m wondering as well. Being inside seems to be significantly contributing to the spread. Tightly packed urban areas, retirement communities, climates where people tend to stay inside .... 

• Like 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Arizona is in trouble.   The shut everything down too early and now with everything exploding the just had to shut down all optional surgeries again.   AZ pushed the curve instead of flattening it.    Trump holding a rally their is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s what I’m wondering as well. Being inside seems to be significantly contributing to the spread. Tightly packed urban areas, retirement communities, climates where people tend to stay inside .... 

Church’s and churches used a political rallies.