bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Of the 7,097 COVID deaths in Massachusetts, only 104 of those were people under the age of 50. 4,504 of those who died were in nursing homes. 

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/07/charlie-baker-cant-admit-he-blew-it/

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 6/6/2020 at 8:18 AM, RamSack said:

I took a Covid antibody test the other day on the way home from work. My appointment was at 6pm and I had my results 8:30am the next morning. They did a blood draw, not the swab test. Best of all, my insurance paid for it without needing a referral from my primary care doctor. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was.

On 6/6/2020 at 12:59 PM, RamSack said:

No.

I took the blood drawn antibody test last Tuesday and got my results back on Thursday. Unfortunately, I also came up negative. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

You Stupid Piece of Shit

Drink bleach

So now you've seen the patient-confidential fiiles of all 296 dead San Diegans? F*cking lying c*nt b!itch.

YOU GTFO you dishonest f*cking jackboot-licking eugenic c*untmonkey f*cktrded cumbucket nuthugging nazi b!tch.

Choke on a bag of Cheeto-dusted dicks you fascist pussy. 

• Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I took the blood drawn antibody test last Tuesday and got my results back on Thursday. Unfortunately, I also came up negative. 

I've decided I'm going to give blood on Wednesday and get the antibody test.

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Of the 7,097 COVID deaths in Massachusetts, only 104 of those were people under the age of 50. 4,504 of those who died were in nursing homes

Which mens more than a 1/3 of the dead Massholes were not.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Of the 7,097 COVID deaths in Massachusetts, only 104 of those were people under the age of 50. 4,504 of those who died were in nursing homes. 

Had a guest at my resort tell me yesterday that according to a friend of his who works in the govt,  that the Chinese stole a DNA altering formula from a California company about 15 years ago.The Chinese used it to develop Covid. They developed it to kill the aging population in China as part of their 200 year plan to take over the world. They knew/know they have to many people to take care of....so they opted to take out the aged for their global dominance plan. This guy was serious as hell. Good thing my company requires me to wear a mask or my facial expressions would have got me in trouble.

Oh, and he said Trump has stacks of files to prove it.

• Confused 1

This can’t be the best solution they’ve come up with in 3 months. What’s next, children’s cancer wards?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/06/04/states-nursing-homes-coronavirus-302134

Programs designed to help elderly people with coronavirus are creating a perverse financial incentive for nursing homes with bad track records to bring in sick patients, raising the risks of spreading infections and substandard care for seriously ill patients, according to advocates for the elderly and industry experts. 

Coronavirus-positive patients can bring in double or more the funding of other residents. States including California, Massachusetts, Michigan and New Mexico, wanting to relieve pressure on crowded hospitals, are providing extra incentives for nursing homes to accept such patients.

Some homes have been eager for the new revenue, creating coronavirus wings or even converting to all-coronavirus facilities. But the ones most desperate for the money are often among those with low ratings and a history of citations for poor cleanliness or neglecting patients. In Michigan, for example, eight of 20 nursing homes selected by the state government to build wings for coronavirus-positive patients are currently rated as "below average" or "much below average," the two lowest designations, on the Health and Human Services department's five-star nursing home rating scale. One was sued in 2017 by a state watchdog group after a man died in its care.

• Confused 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Had a guest at my resort tell me yesterday that according to a friend of his who works in the govt,  that the Chinese stole a DNA altering formula from a California company about 15 years ago.The Chinese used it to develop Covid. They developed it to kill the aging population in China as part of their 200 year plan to take over the world. They knew/know they have to many people to take care of....so they opted to take out the aged for their global dominance plan. This guy was serious as hell. Good thing my company requires me to wear a mask or my facial expressions would have got me in trouble.

Doesn’t sound that crazy. We’re just sending them back into nursing homes.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Doesn’t sound that crazy. We’re just sending them back into nursing homes.

Ya know. I don't want to admit it but.....sometimes crazy isn't crazy. 

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This can’t be the best solution they’ve come up with in 3 months. What’s next, children’s cancer wards?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/06/04/states-nursing-homes-coronavirus-302134

Programs designed to help elderly people with coronavirus are creating a perverse financial incentive for nursing homes with bad track records to bring in sick patients, raising the risks of spreading infections and substandard care for seriously ill patients, according to advocates for the elderly and industry experts. 

Coronavirus-positive patients can bring in double or more the funding of other residents. States including California, Massachusetts, Michigan and New Mexico, wanting to relieve pressure on crowded hospitals, are providing extra incentives for nursing homes to accept such patients.

Some homes have been eager for the new revenue, creating coronavirus wings or even converting to all-coronavirus facilities. But the ones most desperate for the money are often among those with low ratings and a history of citations for poor cleanliness or neglecting patients. In Michigan, for example, eight of 20 nursing homes selected by the state government to build wings for coronavirus-positive patients are currently rated as "below average" or "much below average," the two lowest designations, on the Health and Human Services department's five-star nursing home rating scale. One was sued in 2017 by a state watchdog group after a man died in its care.

That is insane.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

It doesn’t sound all that crazy...except the part about trump being able to prove it. If he could prove something like this, there’s no way he wouldn’t share it, especially now. If the Chinese government is smart enough to pull something like this off, they’re smart enough to not let trump catch them.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It doesn’t sound all that crazy...except the part about trump being able to prove it. If he could prove something like this, there’s no way he wouldn’t share it, especially now. If the Chinese government is smart enough to pull something like this off, they’re smart enough to not let trump catch them.  

The Trump knowing part is what gets me qurious.  He's alluded many times to 'knowing' Covid was a Chinese plot. 

1 hour ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

The Trump knowing part is what gets me qurious.  He's alluded many times to 'knowing' Covid was a Chinese plot. 

It doesn’t even take a sinister plot with enough callousness, which I don’t think is in short supply in the CCP. If they already think they have a huge demographic problem, the pandemic might just have fallen into their lap. Maybe it arose in the wet markets, possibly it was a lab accident where scientists were honestly trying to study Coronavirus; either way it doesn’t require the devious creation of the virus (and from what I’ve read with almost zero understanding, the people that study these sort of things roundly agree they could somehow tell if it were man made and that isn’t the case). After that, all you need is a few commie bureaucrats looking to save their heads convincing the higher ups that this potential embarrassment could instead be let to run wild, go a long way to solving that demographic problem, while crippling every other swinging dick country on the planet for awhile.

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Which mens more than a 1/3 of the dead Massholes were not.

Still a vast majority of those who died of COVID were elderly or had underlying health conditions, such as obesity or hyperactive immune systems. Moving forward, this data should allow those in government to make better decisions on preventative and protective measures. The unilateral blanket shut downs need to stop. 

14 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I can’t believe this has reached second page news on the MWC OT board. At any rate the following article is great news if true. There may be something to it as we aren’t seeing a surge in new cases and deaths as the nation reopens and its been several weeks in most states. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/doctors-around-world-say-covid-19-losing-its-potency-becoming-less

Cases are trending up here in Texas.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-county-sets-single-day-record-285-for-new-covid-19-cases

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

He said the virus is spreading exponentially, with each person who contracts it passing it on to between two and 2.4 people on average. The World Health Organization, which Brilliant worked with on an effort to eradicate smallpox, has projected that the coronavirus pandemic will hit new highs next week, with 7 million people infected and 400,000 deaths globally.

“And to our shame,” Brilliant said, “the United States accounts for more than a quarter of all the deaths in the world.”

He said most of the hot spots in the United States are in politically “red” states, which favored Donald Trump in 2016. Brilliant said areas where the infection rate is doubling every three or four days include: Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, southern Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arizona, Arkansas and parts of Texas.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/07/marin-epidemiologist-larry-brilliant-virus-crisis-just-beginning/?utm_content=tw-mercnews&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Still a vast majority of those who died of COVID were elderly or had underlying health conditions, such as obesity or hyperactive immune systems. Moving forward, this data should allow those in government to make better decisions on preventative and protective measures. The unilateral blanket shut downs need to stop. 

I agree with everything you said however I'd like to add we need to be careful about looking at this from a deaths only point of view, especially when making a personal decision to reintegrate yourself or your family back into normal activities.  Younger people may not be dieing, but there are reports of life shortening, chronic effects occurring in those that have seem to have shook the virus.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I agree with everything you said however I'd like to add we need to be careful about looking at this from a deaths only point of view, especially when making a personal decision to reintegrate yourself or your family back into normal activities.  Younger people may not be dieing, but there are reports of life shortening, chronic effects occurring in those that have seem to have shook the virus.

That’s a fair point. I’m just questioning whether or not we need to absolutely shutter everything if a second wave comes this fall/winter. I don’t know if our economy or society for that matter can withstand another blanket shutdown. 

36 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s a fair point. I’m just questioning whether or not we need to absolutely shutter everything if a second wave comes this fall/winter. I don’t know if our economy or society for that matter can withstand another blanket shutdown. 

I'm with you 100%.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Hard to say. So far it looks like we've weathered this one pretty well. 

• Confused 1