bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

6 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hey @GoState99755 - if you're still in need of disinfectant wipes in the Last Frontier, hit me up. I'll send you a small can (of 35 wipes) I picked up today.

Thx for the thought, but I'm all good now.  I found two-BIG cans of shop wipes at a big box store last-wk.

I'm a little bummed that the last box of Chinese surgical masks that were delivered, fall apart in my hand taking them out of the box, but what are you going to do?

Thanks for the offer.  That's very kind of you.

================================

¿Is anybody seeing Lysol aerosol cans in stores recently?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Thx for the thought, but I'm all good now.  I found two-BIG cans of shop wipes at a big box store last-wk.

I'm a little bummed that the last box of Chinese surgical masks that were delivered, fall apart in my hand taking them out of the box, but what are you going to do?

Thanks for the offer.  That's very kind of you.

By some American made duct tape to fix your masks. The stuff is legit. 

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

By some American made duct tape to fix your masks. The stuff is legit. 

While there's nothing an Alaskan can't build w/duct tape, bailing wire & blue tarps; I think a lil' glue will wrk'g a lil' better for this crisis.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

So even if all of this bullcrap, nonsensical, arbitrary crackdown has reduced death a full order of magnitude from what would have been the outcome otherwise, we would be talking about 100 deaths- and nobody has ever made the claim that social distancing or masks or hand sanitizer are nearly that effective.

Sorry.  NOT a health crisis and ZERO justification for continuing on with the insanity  that has gripped the pussified, emotion driven, innumerate irrational mob that comprise the bulk of the population in this day and age 

So Trump should not be telling us how he saved us from coronavirus like he did again today? If there was no health crisis then he needs to stop talking about it.

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

So Trump should not be telling us how he saved us from coronavirus like he did again today? If there was no health crisis then he needs to stop talking about it.

In other Capt Clorox news today:  he tried to make the DC Press core go from sitting in seats 6'-apart to 1'-apart.  

He's get rid of the Fourth Estate one-way or another.   :-(

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

That's it?  You just say "Trump" and that passes for a coherent reply?

WTF does Trump have to do with what I just posted you phucking retard?

Pathetic.

• Like 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Remember the OSU FB player who tested positive after attending a protest march this last week? He said he took "protective" steps (whatever that means). Keep an eye on case counts over the next two weeks... 

Condoms don’t protect you from the Cvirus ( corona not c—t) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

But I was told by the social distance warriors that the protests were ok because they wore masks. 

They do invariably slow transmission. But not all masks are equal, and probably 1/4-1/3 of the people I see wearing masks apparently needed a set of instructions.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

You’re shit is just weak on this.  The rolled up national statistics you cite can be easily cited by people who disagree with you on the substance.  Any  fair read of the local, far more meaningful numbers makes you look even worse.

IOW:  If I live in San Diego it makes ZERO difference to me how many people have died in NYC or anywhere else in terms of how I assess personal risk or how I would expect my political leadership to make decisions.  In San Diego-according the San Diego numbers- since they began gathering data- there have been 10 individuals who have died of Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease (COVID)…heh.. that were under the age of 65 with no underlying health issues. I would discount this number even further when you consider that what is really meant is that there were no known or documented underlying health conditions.

San Diego county has a population of somewhere between 3.3 - 3.4 million of which 85% are under the age of 65, so roughly 2.9 million. (Here’s where you put the really small percentage number when your case is weak) So even if all of this bullcrap, nonsensical, arbitrary crackdown has reduced death a full order of magnitude from what would have been the outcome otherwise, we would be talking about 100 deaths- and nobody has ever made the claim that social distancing or masks or hand sanitizer are nearly that effective.

Sorry.  NOT a health crisis and ZERO justification for continuing on with the insanity  that has gripped the pussified, emotion driven, innumerate irrational mob that comprise the bulk of the population in this day and age  We’ve turned ourselves into groveling subjects, begging the king for indulgences which of course go to those who can pay the king. We've enslaved ourselves on the advice of a bunch of boobs claiming the mantle of “expert” because it says so on their government supplied business card.

It’s disgusting what has happened to us, what we’ve allowed ourselves to become.

I'm trying to read the signal through the noise here (there's a lot of noise). What are you suggesting? That's you're a eugenic neonazi twat like Boob?

Or just that you like to throw tantrums like the man-baby you nuthug when the bad man tells you that you have to wear a mask in his big store? Is this you by chance? Did he hurt your feelings?

17 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I'm trying to read the signal through the noise here (there's a lot of noise). What are you suggesting? That's you're a eugenic neonazi twat like Boob?

Or just that you like to throw tantrums like the man-baby you nuthug when the bad man tells you that you have to wear a mask in his big store? Is this you by chance? Did he hurt your feelings?

That I'm a neonazi eugenic thug. That was exactly my point.

I

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

That's it?  You just say "Trump" and that passes for a coherent reply?

WTF does Trump have to do with what I just posted you phucking retard?

Pathetic.

You said there was no health crisis.

I said if there was no health crisis then Trump needs to stop patting himself on the back for saving lives from the coronavirus. He did it again today when talking about the unemployment numbers which is why I mentioned him specifically.

If there was no health crisis then we need to point fingers at not just the experts who you don't like but also point at the political leaders who listened to them.

You don't like the experts but it was the politicians who are responsible for the decisions.

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

That I'm a neonazi eugenic thug. That was exactly my point.

I

Well you could have just said that instead of making me read that shitty novel you wrote. It would have saved us both a ton of time.

32 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Well you could have just said that instead of making me read that shitty novel you wrote. It would have saved us both a ton of time.

I understand. You're having a hard time dealing with being exposed as an idiot and a fool.  In time, this wound will heal.  In the meantime, try counting to 10, which coincidentally is exactly the number of healthy people under the age of 65 who have died of Chinese Flu in San Diego county.

Pointing this out is just like gassing 6 million Jews.  Exactly the same...

You piece of shit...

• Like 1

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

35 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

I understand. You're having a hard time dealing with being exposed as an idiot and a fool.  In time, this wound will heal.  In the meantime, try counting to 10, which coincidentally is exactly the number of healthy people under the age of 65 who have died of Chinese Flu in San Diego county.

Pointing this out is just like gassing 6 million Jews.  Exactly the same...

You piece of shit...

First off, there are 38 San Diegans under 60 who have died from COVID, f*ckwit. From the county:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-06-at-12-09-51-AM.pn

Link

So let's just take a second to acknowledge you are categorically wrong. Incorrect. Full of shit. Dumb as leaded paint. A dipshit of unheralded dipshititude. 

Second, so you want to pretend the other 256 dead San Diegans don't exist? Do you stick your head up your own ass to make them disappear? :blink:

Third, not to minimize the loss of life (I'll leave that to you), but you do realize the low death count is due primarily to the shitty lockdown we have all had to endure, right numbnuts? 

But never mind any of that... on to more pressing issues.

Show us where on the bear the big bad Costco man touched you.

teddy-bear-medical-mask-teddy-bear-medic

• Haha 2

I took a Covid antibody test the other day on the way home from work. My appointment was at 6pm and I had my results 8:30am the next morning. They did a blood draw, not the swab test. Best of all, my insurance paid for it without needing a referral from my primary care doctor. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was.

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

I took a Covid antibody test the other day on the way home from work. My appointment was at 6pm and I had my results 8:30am the next morning. They did a blood draw, not the swab test. Best of all, my insurance paid for it without needing a referral from my primary care doctor. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was.

Did you have antibodies?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I can’t believe this has reached second page news on the MWC OT board. At any rate the following article is great news if true. There may be something to it as we aren’t seeing a surge in new cases and deaths as the nation reopens and its been several weeks in most states. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/doctors-around-world-say-covid-19-losing-its-potency-becoming-less

On 6/6/2020 at 12:05 AM, TheSanDiegan said:

First off, there are 38 San Diegans under 60 who have died from COVID, f*ckwit. From the county:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-06-at-12-09-51-AM.pn

Link

So let's just take a second to acknowledge you are categorically wrong. Incorrect. Full of shit. Dumb as leaded paint. A dipshit of unheralded dipshititude. 

Second, so you want to pretend the other 256 dead San Diegans don't exist? Do you stick your head up your own ass to make them disappear? :blink:

Third, not to minimize the loss of life (I'll leave that to you), but you do realize the low death count is due primarily to the shitty lockdown we have all had to endure, right numbnuts? 

But never mind any of that... on to more pressing issues.

Show us where on the bear the big bad Costco man touched you.

teddy-bear-medical-mask-teddy-bear-medic

On 6/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, SDSUfan said:

You’re shit is just weak on this.  The rolled up national statistics you cite can be easily cited by people who disagree with you on the substance.  Any  fair read of the local, far more meaningful numbers makes you look even worse.

IOW:  If I live in San Diego it makes ZERO difference to me how many people have died in NYC or anywhere else in terms of how I assess personal risk or how I would expect my political leadership to make decisions.  In San Diego-according the San Diego numbers- since they began gathering data- there have been 10 individuals who have died of Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease (COVID)…heh.. that were under the age of 65 with no underlying health issues. I would discount this number even further when you consider that what is really meant is that there were no known or documented underlying health conditions.

San Diego county has a population of somewhere between 3.3 - 3.4 million of which 85% are under the age of 65, so roughly 2.9 million. (Here’s where you put the really small percentage number when your case is weak) So even if all of this bullcrap, nonsensical, arbitrary crackdown has reduced death a full order of magnitude from what would have been the outcome otherwise, we would be talking about 100 deaths- and nobody has ever made the claim that social distancing or masks or hand sanitizer are nearly that effective.

Sorry.  NOT a health crisis and ZERO justification for continuing on with the insanity  that has gripped the pussified, emotion driven, innumerate irrational mob that comprise the bulk of the population in this day and age  We’ve turned ourselves into groveling subjects, begging the king for indulgences which of course go to those who can pay the king. We've enslaved ourselves on the advice of a bunch of boobs claiming the mantle of “expert” because it says so on their government supplied business card.

It’s disgusting what has happened to us, what we’ve allowed ourselves to become.

You Stupid Piece of Shit

Drink bleach

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke