bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Shit didn't you ever watch the Jinx. In Texas they got people that needed killin, they don't have any horses that need thievin

No, seemed dumb. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

23 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There's a whole lot of dead bodies for the people that were paid to be the stable-masters to pretend like they were just common horse thieves.

However, as we've seen time and time again over the past three months, new data has often rendered the "official" guidance as a moving target. 

Furthermore, this administration's response to this crisis was not going to be predicated on what the WHO said. Hell, they ignore their own experts advice as often as not.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

Goddamnit Happy. You've just rendered one of my favorite colloquialisms meaningless. :foottap:

4 hours ago, happycamper said:
  • The politics are just an excuse for the primary goal - being an asshole group
  • The politics are just an excuse to be a pendant group
  • The politics change depending on how big an asshole/how stupid the OP stating an opinion is group
  • the "the only real racists are the people who say racism" group
  • The ex journalists
  • The SovCit group (hi maynard)
  • The 100% sincere and thoughtful group (hi android aggie)
  • Haha 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

One of the partiers at the Lake of the Ozarks pool parties over Memorial Day weekend has tested positive for coronavirus.

The person attended the pool party shown on social media last Saturday. On Sunday they began having symptoms but continued to visit several locations.

The health department is now trying to publicize the person's timeline since people at the lake for the holiday weekend were from multiple states.

The timeline:

SATURDAY, MAY 23

Backwater Jack's: 1 - 5 p.m. (This is the venue featured in the video widely circulated since Memorial Day weekend.)
    Shady Gators and Lazy Gators Pool: 5:40 p.m. - 9 p.m.
    Backwater Jack's: 9:40 p.m. - 10 p.m.

SUNDAY, MAY 24

Buffalo Wild Wings: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
    Shady Gators: 2:30 p.m. until 6:30 - 7 p.m.
    Taxi from Shady Gators to private residence around 7 p.m.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/missouri/2020/05/29/boone-county-resident-positive-covid-19-after-visiting-lake-ozarks-over-memorial-day-weekend/5287511002/

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I don't really get why this is an issue for so many Christians anyway. From Matthew 6:5-6:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

And why can't a congregation "meet" outdoors? Get out and go take a group God walk or something. :shrug:

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

One of the partiers at the Lake of the Ozarks pool parties over Memorial Day weekend has tested positive for coronavirus.

The person attended the pool party shown on social media last Saturday. On Sunday they began having symptoms but continued to visit several locations.

The health department is now trying to publicize the person's timeline since people at the lake for the holiday weekend were from multiple states.

The timeline:

SATURDAY, MAY 23

Backwater Jack's: 1 - 5 p.m. (This is the venue featured in the video widely circulated since Memorial Day weekend.)
    Shady Gators and Lazy Gators Pool: 5:40 p.m. - 9 p.m.
    Backwater Jack's: 9:40 p.m. - 10 p.m.

SUNDAY, MAY 24

Buffalo Wild Wings: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
    Shady Gators: 2:30 p.m. until 6:30 - 7 p.m.
    Taxi from Shady Gators to private residence around 7 p.m.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/missouri/2020/05/29/boone-county-resident-positive-covid-19-after-visiting-lake-ozarks-over-memorial-day-weekend/5287511002/

This is where an effective government would proficiently conduct contact tracing to identify as many of the other people at each of those barfly traps to have them self-isolate for 14 days and test each of them in order to prevent an outbreak.

40 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I don't really get why this is an issue for so many Christians anyway. From Matthew 6:5-6:

And why can't a congregation "meet" outdoors? Get out and go take a group God walk or something. :shrug:

The church wants its money.  It's been preying on the faithful forever, it doesn't want to stop now.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This is where an effective government would proficiently conduct contact tracing to identify as many of the other people at each of those barfly traps to have them self-isolate for 14 days and test each of them in order to prevent an outbreak.

The owner of Backwater Jack's felt taking temperatures at the door and offering hand sanitizer was enough precaution to offer and the rest was up to his customer's behavior and willingness to take the risk.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

I read the article. My favorite part was how they said we didn't believe the who or China and did our own investigation. Isn't that what we pay the fing bajillion dollar intelligence and state departments for in the USA, but president dipshit says we were lied to so not my fault.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

I must say though that Vietnam is delusional and lies about as bad as Trump or North Korea. My wife is half Vietnamese and I showed her this and she bust out laughing.  Her family in Vietnam tries to tell her how well Vietnam does in the Olympics and how they are a global power and stuff . They get fed a ton of propaganda. So, take those zero Cvirus deaths with a huge grain of salt. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I read the article. My favorite part was how they said we didn't believe the who or China and did our own investigation. Isn't that what we pay the fing bajillion dollar intelligence and state departments for in the USA, but president dipshit says we were lied to so not my fault.

Don’t blame our intelligence agencies.  They were telling President Dipshit the same thing 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

We're done with the lockdowns, right? If the state's aren't going to break up riots, they should allow people to go to bars and movie theatres if they want.

It’s just more stupid ass surburban kids violently protesting.  Most every video I have seen has been largely white kids.  

53 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

It’s just more stupid ass surburban kids violently protesting.  Most every video I have seen has been largely white kids.  

My point being, if the state's aren't going to enforce the social distancing measures for vandals they should take the same stance for law abiding citizens.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

sadly, since Utah opened back up we've seen a significant increase in cases. For a period of time Utah was averaging about 150 cases per day.  For the past week or so that average has jumped to around 250 per day. :(

Wanted to bump this thread back up. Corona is still here.