bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

15 hours ago, sactowndog said:

While Trump badly managed this pandemic, Cuomo is right up there with him.  Not at all clear why Dems find him to be such a hero.  

When one guy us up there every day spreading disinformation, telling people to take dangerous unproven drugs and talking about internal use of disinfectants, someone just speaking rationally and doing very little seems great in comparison. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Most states that are showing upticks in COVID is primarily due to increased testing than what we had a month or two ago.  Thats why these numbers are difficult to follow as a couple months ago most people weren't being tested at all.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 7:25 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

And now that we've opened short term vacation rentals...there are tons of Alabama plates here in the panhandle of Florida.  We still have a so-called ban on tourists from New York ,New Jersey , Connecticut and Louisiana.  But, I still see those plates. 

We have had very few cases of covid in the county I live in and the surrounding counties. Because we shut down. Now, who knows. 

Will we go up? Hard to say because the numbers Florida is putting out 'officially ' is under scrutiny. 

I don't know of anyone who I work with or anyone they know has contracted covid- once again , because we shut things down. Now , that were open.....as the saying goes " the proofs in the pudding" . I'm hopeful but not naive.

Yeah, crossing my fingers we don’t end up in some sort of massive outbreak.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Yeah, crossing my fingers we don’t end up in some sort of massive outbreak.

Total death count for people under the age of 40 in Missouri  =  5

Hide in your closets

Bubble wrap your lives

The rest of us will use our God given ability to assess risk as we see fit.

Boo!

http://mophep.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=8e01a5d8d8bd4b4f85add006f9e14a9d

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Whassamatta  @retrofade? The yeast infection in your vagina is more likely to kill you than the Kung Flu

https://nethealthbook.com/infectious-disease/fungal-infection/yeast-infections/serious-yeast-infections/

• Haha 4

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

59 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Total death count for people under the age of 40 in Missouri  =  5

Hide in your closets

Bubble wrap your lives

The rest of us will use our God given ability to assess risk as we see fit.

Boo!

http://mophep.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=8e01a5d8d8bd4b4f85add006f9e14a9d

Cool story bro...same here low count around 200, deaths 5 or 6. That's for us locals. Bring in your unwashed masses and shit hits the fan. God given ability to assess risk? Shit, they can't even stay out of the water on double red flag days. ...lifeguards pulling dozens of people out of the water from rip tides daily. Stupid, stupid people in this country. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Cool story bro...same here low count around 200, deaths 5 or 6. That's for us locals. Bring in your unwashed masses and shit hits the fan. God given ability to assess risk? Shit, they can't even stay out of the water on double red flag days. ...lifeguards pulling dozens of people out of the water from rip tides daily. Stupid, stupid people in this country. 

Facts are facts. I've been following the numbers assiduously since the beginning of this nonsense, initially the South Korea and Italian numbers and they are all the same; there is basically zero risk for anyone under twenty and a risk approaching zero for anyone under the age of 40. The numbers now coming in indicate that the Kung Flu isn't all that virulent. There's a 3% infection rate here in SD among the tested population which consists of  mostly, folks  complaining to their doctors, people like my wife who are"high risk" but visit doctors for regular checkups and essential workers.  These numbers are likewise similar to most places in the world.

Anecdotally, I spoke to the manager of the Vons where I shop and he has had ZERO employees test positive.

If you're old and sick, stay home.

If you're young, fat and diabetic, stay home

let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I'm not minimizing the fact that people are dying. I'm ridiculing those who can't seem to quantify the risk and are arrogantly proclaiming that all government actions are justified by  the "science".

BE SKEPTICAL.. ALWAYS.  The experts most often, aren't.  Look at the initial models that drove us to DESTROY the economy and the lives and livelihoods of millions.  Then look at the actual data.  Try and square to two. You can't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Facts are facts. I've been following the numbers assiduously since the beginning of this nonsense, initially the South Korea and Italian numbers and they are all the same; there is basically zero risk for anyone under twenty and a risk approaching zero for anyone under the age of 40. The numbers now coming in indicate that the Kung Flu isn't all that virulent. There's a 3% infection rate here in SD among the tested population which consists of  mostly, folks  complaining to their doctors, people like my wife who are"high risk" but visit doctors for regular checkups and essential workers.  These numbers are likewise similar to most places in the world.

Anecdotally, I spoke to the manager of the Vons where I shop and he has had ZERO employees test positive.

If you're old and sick, stay home.

If you're young, fat and diabetic, stay home

let the rest of us get on with our lives.

I'm not minimizing the fact that people are dying. I'm ridiculing those who can't seem to quantify the risk and are arrogantly proclaiming that all government actions are justified by  the "science".

BE SKEPTICAL.. ALWAYS.  The experts most often, aren't.  Look at the initial models that drove us to DESTROY the economy and the lives and livelihoods of millions.  Then look at the actual data.  Try and square to two. You can't.

Respectfully, you suck at data science. You’re like a Texas Republican state Senator level of data scientist. But I wish you and you’re loved ones good luck.

11 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Respectfully, you suck at data science. You’re like a Texas Republican state Senator level of data scientist. But I wish you and you’re loved ones good luck.

So genius, how many people under the age of 40 have died from Chinese Crud?

I'll wait so you can go all Bill Nye and tell me why the number 5 is so difficult to understand.  because, you know, us hicks have a hard time with big numbers and such.

The problem is people like you that believe something that isn't actually in the numbers.

The NUMBER is 5

Tell me why it's not

Billy

• Like 1

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

giphy.gif

yeah!  'merica bitch!:rock:

• Cheers 1

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

19 hours ago, retrofade said:

JFC... 

Awesome, overdue for a good time.  That is still a low risk situation.  Need more of this.  Besides, most in that pool if they contract 19, symptoms will be non-existent or similar to a cold or flu.

110926run_defense710.jpg