bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

5 hours ago, Billings said:

If they minimize damage to the economy, what they did is going to be worth it in the long run and probably already is in the short run.

110926run_defense710.jpg

29 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

If they minimize damage to the economy, what they did is going to be worth it in the long run and probably already is in the short run.

Or, maybe what we did minimized long term damage to our economy :shrug:

The jury is still out and we probably won't really know the verdict until this time next year. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On a scale from 0 to 100, with 0 being it's okay to cough/sneeze on everyone and them on you, and 100 being too scared to leave the house and no one is allowed to visit, I find myself around a 20. 

I am ready for business, restaurants to reopen starting at 1/4 to 1/2 capacity and increasing as needed. I feel the shut down and social distancing has done its job for now taking the pressure off the hospitals and other healthcare facilities. People of risk should take precautions just like during flu season. And if the compromise to start opening bars, restaurants, etc is to wear a mask in public places, then that minor inconvenience is worth the benefit of starting up the economy again.

• Like 4

On 5/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, sean327 said:

GenX . The last non pussy generation.

Hey, take it easy there. Not all of us millenials are subaru driving types a la @BSUTOP25

• Haha 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

NEW YORK (AP) — More than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients were sent to New York’s already vulnerable nursing homes under a controversial state directive that was ultimately scrapped amid criticisms it was accelerating the nation’s deadliest outbreaks, according to a count by The Associated Press.

AP compiled its own tally to find out how many COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals to nursing homes under the March 25 directive after New York’s Health Department declined to release its internal survey conducted two weeks ago. It says it is still verifying data that was incomplete...

...Told of the AP’s tally, the Health Department said late Thursday it “can’t comment on data we haven’t had a chance to review, particularly while we’re still validating our own comprehensive survey of nursing homes admission and re-admission data in the middle of responding to this global pandemic.”

Cuomo, a Democrat, on May 10 reversed the directive, which had been intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged. But he continued to defend it this week, saying he didn’t believe it contributed to the more than 5,800 nursing and adult care facility deaths in New York — more than in any other state — and that homes should have spoken up if it was a problem.

:(

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

+++++ you Fauci

I don’t understand the far rights hate for fauci.  He hasn’t claimed to be the end all.  He advises based on medical knowledge and available data.  But deep state or something. 

• Like 16

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I don’t understand the far rights hate for fauci.  He hasn’t claimed to be the end all.  He advises based on medical knowledge and available data.  But deep state or something. 

Exactly, "he advises", doesn't set policy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Come on, man. You know the answer to this riddle. 

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

He's a scientist. 

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Might be because he's Italian.

They've had it out for the Italians for quite some time, it seems. 

10 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

And now that we've opened short term vacation rentals...there are tons of Alabama plates here in the panhandle of Florida.  We still have a so-called ban on tourists from New York ,New Jersey , Connecticut and Louisiana.  But, I still see those plates. 

We have had very few cases of covid in the county I live in and the surrounding counties. Because we shut down. Now, who knows. 

Will we go up? Hard to say because the numbers Florida is putting out 'officially ' is under scrutiny. 

I don't know of anyone who I work with or anyone they know has contracted covid- once again , because we shut things down. Now , that were open.....as the saying goes " the proofs in the pudding" . I'm hopeful but not naive.

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

NEW YORK (AP) — More than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients were sent to New York’s already vulnerable nursing homes under a controversial state directive that was ultimately scrapped amid criticisms it was accelerating the nation’s deadliest outbreaks, according to a count by The Associated Press.

AP compiled its own tally to find out how many COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals to nursing homes under the March 25 directive after New York’s Health Department declined to release its internal survey conducted two weeks ago. It says it is still verifying data that was incomplete...

...Told of the AP’s tally, the Health Department said late Thursday it “can’t comment on data we haven’t had a chance to review, particularly while we’re still validating our own comprehensive survey of nursing homes admission and re-admission data in the middle of responding to this global pandemic.”

Cuomo, a Democrat, on May 10 reversed the directive, which had been intended to help free up hospital beds for the sickest patients as cases surged. But he continued to defend it this week, saying he didn’t believe it contributed to the more than 5,800 nursing and adult care facility deaths in New York — more than in any other state — and that homes should have spoken up if it was a problem.

:(

While Trump badly managed this pandemic, Cuomo is right up there with him.  Not at all clear why Dems find him to be such a hero.