bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

47 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

The masks definitely make nice Halloween costumes. No one should be forced to wear one...if you want to wear one for "protection" and be a dumbass about screaming how great you are with your mask-ness...then do it, but don't force me or anyone else to do it...I'll fake a coughing fit around you for laughs. 

Just curious your age group.  Are you Boomer, GenX, Millenial?  

you are clearly immature, thoughtless and selfish.   Just curious what generation gets to claim you?   

• Like 2

No one really bats an eyelash when the Patriot Act or FISA is law and violates the 4th and 6th amendments, but wearing a mask or quarantining for the greater good of society is surely a secret ploy(by Trump? New World Order? Lizard people?) to take your rights away.

I said on the first few pages of this thread the best ending to this is one where people think it was a giant overreaction, I still stick to that claim.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

No one really bats an eyelash when the Patriot Act or FISA is law and violates the 4th and 6th amendments, but wearing a mask or quarantining for the greater good of society is surely a secret ploy(by Trump? New World Order? Lizard people?) to take your rights away.

I said on the first few pages of this thread the best ending to this is one where people think it was a giant overreaction, I still stick to that claim.

Whoa, whoa, whoa there dude. Review the many threads on this board and see how many of us feel about the government intruding in our private lives. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob said:

It's not bullshit. What did I write that was not factual? Plus masks provide a better environment for the virus to survive outside the body and people mess with them constantly and touch other surfaces. I doubt they are doing any good whatsoever. But it's a free country and people can believe what they want.

It is like writing that covering your mouth when coughing or using a tissue and covering your nose while sneezing will not prevent you from catching a disease, and concluding that doing so is stupid or unnecessary . It is factual that these actions will not prevent the person that takes them from catching disease, but spreading misinformation when it is done with the intent of stopping people from taking these actions, because it increases the risk to people around them if they do not, which is the reason to do so.

You wear a mask to decrease the amount of droplets when the person wearing the mask exhales, and hopefully lessen the chance of transmitting enough virus to infect others. This has been repeated ad nauseam.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 minute ago, Mano said:

It is like writing that covering your mouth when coughing or using a tissue and covering your nose while sneezing will not prevent you from catching a disease, and concluding that doing so is stupid or unnecessary . It is factual that these actions will not prevent the person that takes them from catching disease, but spreading misinformation when it is done with the intent of stopping people from taking these actions, because it increases the risk to people around them if they do not, which is the reason to do so.

You wear a mask to decrease the amount of droplets when the person wearing the mask exhales, and hopefully lessen the chance of transmitting enough virus to infect others. This has been repeated ad nauseam.

Would you make masks mandatory if you had the power to do so? 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

NO shoes, no shirt, no mask no service?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

The masks definitely make nice Halloween costumes. No one should be forced to wear one...if you want to wear one for "protection" and be a dumbass about screaming how great you are with your mask-ness...then do it, but don't force me or anyone else to do it...I'll fake a coughing fit around you for laughs. 

If you don't want to wear one to help everybody out and be a dumbass about screaming how great and smart and you are with your un-masked-ness, then fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

I have no interest in going around and arresting people at the park or open spaces that are not wearing masks. 

However, I would allow business owners to make them mandatory for entering their establishments if they choose to do so in order to protect themselves and their employees. And if people chose to intentionally violate the owners requirements, I believe it would be trespassing at that point. 

If there are businesses that do not require masks, and there are a lot of people in a confined area, I will likely choose not to go in at this point,  but there may be others who prefer to patronize such places, which is fine.

• Cheers 1

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan