bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So according to the CDC there have only been 34k confirmed COVID-19 deaths:93D692F4-2543-4F5F-BA2C-727FE4E8886C.jpeg

Here’s the dataset:   https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

I understand there might be a delay in reporting official stats but the media is reporting nearly 26k more covid-19 deaths than the CDC.  That is an awfully big discrepancy. 

isn't the 15k pneumonia and covid also included in covid deaths.

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So according to the CDC there have only been 34k confirmed COVID-19 deaths:93D692F4-2543-4F5F-BA2C-727FE4E8886C.jpeg

I understand there might be a delay in reporting official stats but the media is reporting nearly 26k more covid-19 deaths than the CDC.  That is an awfully big discrepancy. 

Note-

COVID-19 deaths: 34,521

Influenza deaths- 5,821

COVID 19 has killed almost 6 TIMES as many people as the flu, using these numbers. That has got to be a hard pill to swallow for the "COVID-19 hasn't killed as many as the flu" crowd.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So according to the CDC there have only been 34k confirmed COVID-19 deaths:

I think footnote #4 (highlighted at the bottom, below) requires attention:

CDCTable.jpg

So if a patient was diagnosed with COVID-19 and/or pneumonia as well as influenza as the cause of death, they were coded only as influenza deaths?

Seems like this would serve to reduce the number of reported deaths from COVID-19 and/or inflate the number of deaths resulting from the flu. :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

13 minutes ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Note-

COVID-19 deaths: 34,521

Influenza deaths- 5,821

COVID 19 has killed almost 6 TIMES as many people as the flu, using these numbers. That has got to be a hard pill to swallow for the "COVID-19 hasn't killed as many as the flu" crowd.

I’m not on the “covid is the flu” bus.  I may have been right at the start (my bad) but I got off of it quickly. 

• Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Hey great everyone! Our man of action governor has released a list of outdoor activities that is permitted under the police state. I can go crabbing, as long as I go alone. Cool. This makes total sense to me.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Hey great everyone! Our man of action governor has released a list of outdoor activities that is permitted under the police state. I can go crabbing, as long as I go alone. Cool. This makes total sense to me.

I think this news will only serve to further empower the crabs.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

34 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm still looking at the education guidelines and thinking "how the phuck are we going to do that?" 

6ft distance between desks. (The teacher unions fought tooth and nail to get classroom sizes down to 30 and this mandate would mean class sizes would be 10-12). 

No field trips or school assemblies...ok

Students will have to eat lunch in the classroom....so wait do we get paid time extra for lunch? 

Start school in July? Wtf??

Also if we are maintaining social distancing that means no contact sports ie football, basketball, wrestling etc. No band, choir, or other performing arts clubs. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

50 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm still looking at the education guidelines and thinking "how the phuck are we going to do that?" 

6ft distance between desks. (The teacher unions fought tooth and nail to get classroom sizes down to 30 and this mandate would mean class sizes would be 10-12). 

No field trips or school assemblies...ok

Students will have to eat lunch in the classroom....so wait do we get paid time extra for lunch? 

Start school in July? Wtf??

Also if we are maintaining social distancing that means no contact sports ie football, basketball, wrestling etc. No band, choir, or other performing arts clubs. 

The education related stuff is untenable. Just straight up. But I guess j just want grandma to die or something. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3GwzgFz.jpg

54p45z2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

3GwzgFz.jpg

54p45z2.jpg

I don’t want to hear a single phucking complaint from her and people like her about the shape of the economy when this is over. I don’t want to see a single +++++ing post from her and others complaining about the suffering of the millions who’ve been laid off and can’t feed their families. 
Shit posts like this really piss me off. Dismissing valid concerns isn’t edgy or cool, it’s chicken shit. Both side of this argument deserve to be heard.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I don’t want to hear a single phucking complaint from her and people like her about the shape of the economy when this is over. I don’t want to see a single +++++ing post from her and others complaining about the suffering of the millions who’ve been laid off and can’t feed their families. 
Shit posts like this really piss me off. Dismissing valid concerns isn’t edgy or cool, it’s chicken shit. Both side of this argument deserve to be heard.

Damn, I think you completely missed her point.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I think she’s talking about the teens and young adults packing OC beaches, not social distancing and claiming the virus is a hoax.   While there are real reasons to consider reopening the selfish brats in the OC aren’t one of them.  Most of them are living off Daddy’s money.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Damn, I think you completely missed her point.

Maybe I did, but others are making the argument that worrying about the economy is wrong. I may have gone off half cocked on this one, but there are others who don’t want to hear anything but their side of the argument.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Gavin Newsom steps on the turd. The guy is making a colossal mistake as regards to the Orange County beaches. any idiot knows those pictures taken at the angle probably on a small bluff are going to exaggerate the crowdedness of the beach. There was like 80,000 people that went to the beach over two days, and the beaches probably 15 or 20 miles long. There are reports that overhead pictures showed plenty of social distancing. What an a******.

Relevance of Buffalo Springfield relevant once again.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

The latest positive case and death curves have flattened, but still at high numbers, about 25,000- 30,000 positive cases per day and 1,500-2,000 deaths per day. I’ve been watching these numbers every day and they don’t appear to be going down. And that is with most people sheltering. 

What are we going to do if those numbers don’t go down, continue at the same rates, or start going up higher as should be expected as people come out of their caves?