bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

56 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

I hope they let us out by the fourth of July so we can celebrate our freedom!

I pretty sure you are free to go out now.....

Here was Newsom’s statement about protesters....

"None of this surprises us. I imagine we'll see a lot more of it, and I encourage people that when they practice their right to free speech — which I celebrate — they do so safely. This virus doesn't know if you're a Republican or Democrat, if you support or oppose the president. Practice social distancing, make sure you don't infect others; if you're asymptomatic you can spread it. If you don't care about strangers, think about potentially coming home and infecting your loved ones."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I pretty sure you are free to go out now.....

Here was Newsom’s statement about protesters....

"None of this surprises us. I imagine we'll see a lot more of it, and I encourage people that when they practice their right to free speech — which I celebrate — they do so safely. This virus doesn't know if you're a Republican or Democrat, if you support or oppose the president. Practice social distancing, make sure you don't infect others; if you're asymptomatic you can spread it. If you don't care about strangers, think about potentially coming home and infecting your loved ones."

Sic semper tyrannis!

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

1918_spanish_flu_waves-1.gif

Never was about deaths.  Graph the hospitalization rate and our ability to handle those numbers and number of ICU patients.   1918 you just put a bed somewhere and maybe some oxygen and hoped for the best.  Guess we can do that again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Billings said:

Never was about deaths.  Graph the hospitalization rate and our ability to handle those numbers and number of ICU patients.   1918 you just put a bed somewhere and maybe some oxygen and hoped for the best.  Guess we can do that again.

Health systems are doing great right now, not overwhelmed at all and getting better.  Unfortunately, the only way to get through this and maintain the balance between saving lives and saving our collective livelihood is to keep the pressure on the hospitals without overwhelming them.  The good news is that folks have learned how to engage in society in a much safer manner.  We can start moving to the new normal.

42 minutes ago, Bob said:

why did you start the line 4 months in to the flu pandemic

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

52 minutes ago, Bob said:

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

why did you start the line 4 months in to the flu pandemic

Also the axes of the chart are obviously objectively lying. We didn't see .5% of the population die per day in July, we didn't see 2.5% of the population die per day in November. We saw about 0.6% of the population, total, die from the Spanish Flu and that was a god damn catastrophe. I don't know what the original chart was trying to portray but what you're posting is either a lie or gobbledegook. 

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:54 PM, happycamper said:

You're in Denver, you should be able to get some Backwards stuff. They have a traditional style and a stronger, more botanical style. Both are great. 

Pretty damn good! Thanks for the recommendation

IMG_20200419_165417.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Stealthlobo said:

Pretty damn good! Thanks for the recommendation

IMG_20200419_165417.jpg

Heck yeah! I went to UW with some of the owners and their full suite of spirits are great. If you ever happen to find yourself in Casper not during a pandemic try out their tasting room, they make some pretty great cocktails!

• Cheers 1

An hour ago I received a call from the Urgent Care Center I went to back in February when I had flu symptoms and they are doing a form of contact tracing.

They asked me a series of questions:

1.) How long was I feeling sick after I left urgent care?

2.) How long was I feeling sick before going to urgent care?

3.) How long did I stay at home before going back to work?

4.) Was I in contact with anyone who showed the same type of symptoms before getting sick? (they didn't ask for names)

5.) How long did it take for me to show symptoms after coming into contact with that person?

6.) Did I travel out of the state or country before getting sick?

7.)  Am I still showing any symptoms? (I told her I still have a dry cough then she asked me if I had any other symptoms)

She was able to write me a prescription over the phone for some cough medication so that was nice. The nurse told me that I don't qualify for a COVID-19 test because I no longer have the necessary symptoms, but to get an antibody test when one is available. 

• Like 3

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Just now, Bob said:

The chart come directly from Wikipedia. Go make an edit if you disagree with it.

goddamn wikipedia and its ~99% accuracy

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

. The nurse told me that I don't qualify for a COVID-19 test because I no longer have the necessary symptoms, but to get an antibody test when one is available. 

I'm looking forward to that antibody test. I had a cough for two months in January and February. I thought it was because I started playing in a rec basketball league and I had some kind of exercise induced asthma or something. I ignored it because I had no other symptoms, just that +++++ing cough. Now I wonder if I got a mild case of COVID and now I'm SUPER IMMUNE and will be allowed into the bunker at NORAD. 

• Cheers 1

Sweden is telling restaurant to follow the social distancing rules or risk closure.

"We are starting to get some worrying reports from different parts of the country that nightlife is becoming crowded again. We hope that municipalities and regions will keep an eye on restaurants so that we continue to follow the rules that we have," Anders Tegnell, state epidemiologist at the Public Health Agency, said at Monday's press conference.

One journalist asked, given the violations of the recommendations, when we might expect to see stricter recommendations.

Tegnell's response was that the existing framework for restaurants and bars is clear, and stressed that both restaurants and individuals had a responsibility to follow the rules and recommendations in place. Restaurants which flout the new rules could face closure.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200420/coronavirus-will-sweden-ever-have-a-total-lockdown

Holy crap this is one nasty bug.

It causes clotting. Significant clotting including saddle embolism.  You do not want to get this bug.

This is NOT the flu. This is a real nasty little shitbug.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-patients-blood-clots/story?id=70131612&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_three_posts_card_hed

One of the Final Five..........