bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

53 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

Hey, what are you doing throwing the cardboard roll in the garbage unused, what do you think you’re a Rockefeller or something?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, Aztecmg said:

Or we can join the rest of the world and start using bidets?

I suppose your next suggestion will be to adopt the metric system 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That really sucks.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Maybe I’m just looking at too many doomsday type headlines scrolling Facebook, but it seems like while the virus will slowly die out the financial problems haven’t started yet. People have money now. Next month they won’t. That government check only delays the inevitable for a few weeks maybe.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The recovery could take a decade. Life as we knew it is over for the next few years.

8 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Maybe I’m just looking at too many doomsday type headlines scrolling Facebook, but it seems like while the virus will slowly die out the financial problems haven’t started yet. People have money now. Next month they won’t. That government check only delays the inevitable for a few weeks maybe.

Yeah, we’re in deep shit

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

32 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yep we’re pretty phucked. 

31 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The recovery could take a decade. Life as we knew it is over for the next few years.

Agreed.  The damage is done. 

9/11 was a totally different situation, but the America we knew before that moment died too. Not the same place at all. I think this event will do the same. 

Like you go outside and everything still looks the same, but the way everything works isn’t the same and never will be. 

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I too was a student during the 55 gas rationing.  I didn't have near that car, but I got my '71 Mercury Montego over 100 once.  Talk about a piece of shit car.  Man, I would have loved to light up your Grand Am on the highway.

Was your 71 prior to smog pumps? About 72 or so, those things choked the horsepower way down. 

The Grand Am was my 2nd car.  My first was a 67 Le Man's, 326 ci V8, 2 bbl, Powerglide trans (2 speed) with high ratio.  1st gear would take you to 75 mph.  Better gas mileage, 20 mpg on highway.  Points and Condenser, constantly needing tune-up.  At least the 74 Grand Am had the Delco Remy HEI Ignition. I took that over 100 once.  Since then, no death wish for me.  Thank God, those cars handled like shit.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

17 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I too was a student during the 55 gas rationing.  I didn't have near that car, but I got my '71 Mercury Montego over 100 once.  Talk about a piece of shit car.  Man, I would have loved to light up your Grand Am on the highway.

Here was MY POS: https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-sz-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=sz&p=ford+pinto+1973+commercial#id=3&vid=0b80aa46e8a0e57d2fad0813aa5118f2&action=view

Except mine had none of the add-ons. Not a single one. No sun roof, no rear window defroster, not even a tape player or FM radio. Bought it from my dad after he drove it a couple years and became disgusted with the manual transmission. One winter the heater stopped working and I had no money to fix it. Dad rode with me to the market and froze his ass off even though by then I had moved from the Bay Area to SD. Dad told me that if I'd take the POS to the shop immediately and have the heater fixed he would pay for it. I did and he did but I'm not sure he ever rode in the thing again anyway.

• Haha 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

Figured since I gave a bad update a day ago I may as well keep you all posted. All residents in my wife’s facility have been tested, other then the original positive (who died shortly after), one other resident tested positive and is asymptomatic. They tested 20 staff and have gotten 4 positives, including the woman my wife shares an office with, though she hasn’t worked with her since Monday. Because of that every other employee (wife included) has been tested, results expected Monday. My wife is still working tonight, but with full PPE. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah, we’re in deep shit

How bad still depends on events though.  Of course if Corona virus does a slow roll through the entire country and tears each city up like NYC, it is going to be a depression.  If it doesn't, then maybe the ballsy guys who bought into the stock market last week get proven correct.