bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

They aren't really mass graves though.  They're unclaimed people.  NYC has several every year that are buried in that place. There's just more unclaimed/unidentified people now but they're being documented and buried in separate caskets and somebody can go back in later and claim them.  NYC will then dig up where they're buried and transfer them to a cemetery.. 

That’s all true. But while about 25 people a week are generally buried, they’re now burying an average of 24 a day. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

I had a late 74 Pontiac Grand Am, one of the last Pontiac big block 400 ci V8, Turbo 400 trans, 4 bbl Rochester carb.  It had the Factory Delco AM/FM 8 Track stereo.  At 55 speed limit I could eke out about 15 mpg. 

Why in the hell would you hold it to 55 in that rig???  That bad boy was born to run.  Especially with a rockin' 8 track.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Why in the hell would you hold it to 55 in that rig???  That bad boy was born to run.  Especially with a rockin' 8 track.

That was maximum speed limit across the country.  That hunk of iron made me a starving student.  Trust me, I opened it up, but TA Radials and fuel kept me with perpetual low balance in the checking account. Unfortunately, the bean counters were beginning to exert influence at GM.  Glued on trim pieces would fall off.  Worst of all, it didn't have posi-traction, couldn't get off the line quick without one wheel lighting up.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

That was maximum speed limit across the country.  That hunk of iron made me a starving student.  Trust me, I opened it up, but TA Radials and fuel kept me with perpetual low balance in the checking account. Unfortunately, the bean counters were beginning to exert influence at GM.  Glued on trim pieces would fall off.  Worst of all, it didn't have posi-traction, couldn't get off the line quick without one wheel lighting up.

I too was a student during the 55 gas rationing.  I didn't have near that car, but I got my '71 Mercury Montego over 100 once.  Talk about a piece of shit car.  Man, I would have loved to light up your Grand Am on the highway.

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

But then again I’ve never seen a mountain lion in my life and I spend most the summer in Stanley. So maybe I shouldn’t worry.

Shit, they had four on campus and killed one if I remember right during my time at BSU.  

33 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Shit, they had four on campus and killed one if I remember right during my time at BSU.  

Yeah I actually noticed more sightings in Boise than I ever remember. But still never seen one. I live in Stanley 2 months a year and I’ve never seen a male moose with a rack. A million females. Mountain lion, male moose, grizzly on the bucket list. Obviously will have to go further easy for the grizzly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

My biggest concern is that when all this is over you'll have ass-tards saying stuff like "ONLY 40,000 people died and we shut down the economy for THAT?! Look at heart disease!"  Not realizing that, of course the reason that only those many people died was because we shut down the damn economy.

And those folks will vote for other ass-tards who believe it was all overhyped and a hoax and a conspiracy.

And then this disease will come crawling back and kill a whole lot more.

I'll tell you one thing, the biggest skeptics and those who ignore guidelines are the VERY people that the economy was shut down to protect. I was at a gas station and a 85 year old guy was buying a soda and a candy bar. It's very frustrating.

My biggest concern is people saying if we hadn't told everyone in the country to lock themselves in the house 2 million Americans would have died.  Then when it comes back, which it will no matter what we do, they'll want to go back to locking everyone in their house.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

My biggest concern is people saying if we hadn't told everyone in the country to lock themselves in the house 2 million Americans would have died.  Then when it comes back, which it will no matter what we do, they'll want to go back to locking everyone in their house.

That may still happen after the three month vacation is over. 

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Hi gang, just checking in.

I've been running a COVID testing clinic a few days a week, which is not very fun. We are gowned and have PPE, but you still sit around and worry about it knowing you've been exposed to the illness. 

This is a serious illness. I hope people are treating it as such. Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. Wash wash wash. 

I've seen some bad stuff with this. I've had a guy I tested die in like 72h after he was tested. Most positives I've tested have ended up in the hospital, fortunately I don't have to run the testing clinic every day, only here and there. Majority of ill will recover. It can kill you fast if your body goes that direction, take care of yourself if you have diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, or COPD. Stop smoking after all this is over if you do that.

It's still a nasty, terrible illness that you don't want, and you can be asymptomatic for several days before showing symptoms. My life right now is sit at home and hope I don't get sick and go to work. Hopefully this all  calms down soon and we can get back to our normal lives. 

Also, the Chinese government is a bunch of liars and we should get any manufacturing operation out of China and move it anywhere else. They can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

It’s good to hear from you. We’re all thinking of you guys, and doing our best to do our part by staying in and bitching at each other. Take care of yourself and check in more often.

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

20 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Yeah I’m wondering what will happen if something similar happens.. I don’t think the world can survive 2 shutdowns close to each other. But if you don’t people die, either way the world would never be the same as it was before. 

17 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah I’m wondering what will happen if something similar happens.. I don’t think the world can survive 2 shutdowns close to each other. But if you don’t people die, either way the world would never be the same as it was before. 

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

35 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

You’ll be amongst the richest men in the world if you have toilet paper.. Probably have servants to wipe their butts for them. Vintage 4ply toilet paper will be a thing.

40 minutes ago, mugtang said:

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

You’ll be amongst the richest men in the world if you have toilet paper.. Probably have servants to wipe their butts for them. Vintage 4ply toilet paper will be a thing.

“In the land of no toilet paper, the man with a clean asshole is king.” - Erasmus, c. 1536

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I’m a millionaire.  Those things on the left are One Wipe Charlies from dollar shave club.  I’m going to be wiping my ass like a king for awhile. 
4BB5E966-907C-439D-85C2-FFD271D04C17.jpeg

• Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, IanforHeisman said:

You’ll be able to buy countries like Ecuador with all that.

Or at least 1 night with @halfmanhalfbronco’s mom.  

• Haha 1