bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, mugtang said:

They aren't really mass graves though.  They're unclaimed people.  NYC has several every year that are buried in that place. There's just more unclaimed/unidentified people now but they're being documented and buried in separate caskets and somebody can go back in later and claim them.  NYC will then dig up where they're buried and transfer them to a cemetery.. 

God dammit Mug can’t you just let me over exaggerate a little.. Scaring people in the internet is the only entertainment I have right now.

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I was a starving college student and drove a death trap Pinto. Although it was a major POS, it was great for that time. Got like 30 mpg and once when it ran out of gas waiting in one of those lines, my buddy and I just pushed the thing half a block.

I had a 92 Honda Civic. 11 bucks to fill up, and it seemed to last for months. And for some reason I was always trying to hit mom up for gas money.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

God dammit Mug can’t you just let me over exaggerate a little.. Scaring people in the internet is the only entertainment I have right now.

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Is this a good time to bring up i never received all those Amazon gift cards I won here a few years back.. I was winning like $300 bucks a day for awhile. Sure would come in handy now.

They never sent me mine...assholes.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Hi gang, just checking in.

I've been running a COVID testing clinic a few days a week, which is not very fun. We are gowned and have PPE, but you still sit around and worry about it knowing you've been exposed to the illness. 

This is a serious illness. I hope people are treating it as such. Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. Wash wash wash. 

I've seen some bad stuff with this. I've had a guy I tested die in like 72h after he was tested. Most positives I've tested have ended up in the hospital, fortunately I don't have to run the testing clinic every day, only here and there. Majority of ill will recover. It can kill you fast if your body goes that direction, take care of yourself if you have diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, or COPD. Stop smoking after all this is over if you do that.

It's still a nasty, terrible illness that you don't want, and you can be asymptomatic for several days before showing symptoms. My life right now is sit at home and hope I don't get sick and go to work. Hopefully this all  calms down soon and we can get back to our normal lives. 

Also, the Chinese government is a bunch of liars and we should get any manufacturing operation out of China and move it anywhere else. They can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

• Like 7
  • Cheers 12

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

i'm out alia shawkat GIF by Drunk History

Local paper here said cougars are dying of bubonic plague in Yellowstone and can be transferred to humans. At this point I’m low key hoping to die from the Rona if the plague is waiting for me.

But then again I’ve never seen a mountain lion in my life and I spend most the summer in Stanley. So maybe I shouldn’t worry.

Local paper here said cougars are dying of bubonic plague in Yellowstone and can be transferred to humans. At this point I’m low key hoping to die from the Rona if the plague is waiting for me.

But then again I’ve never seen a mountain lion in my life and I spend most the summer in Stanley. So maybe I shouldn’t worry.

Plague is easy to treat.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Hi gang, just checking in.

I've been running a COVID testing clinic a few days a week, which is not very fun. We are gowned and have PPE, but you still sit around and worry about it knowing you've been exposed to the illness. 

This is a serious illness. I hope people are treating it as such. Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. Wash wash wash. 

I've seen some bad stuff with this. I've had a guy I tested die in like 72h after he was tested. Most positives I've tested have ended up in the hospital, fortunately I don't have to run the testing clinic every day, only here and there. Majority of ill will recover. It can kill you fast if your body goes that direction, take care of yourself if you have diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, or COPD. Stop smoking after all this is over if you do that.

It's still a nasty, terrible illness that you don't want, and you can be asymptomatic for several days before showing symptoms. My life right now is sit at home and hope I don't get sick and go to work. Hopefully this all  calms down soon and we can get back to our normal lives. 

Also, the Chinese government is a bunch of liars and we should get any manufacturing operation out of China and move it anywhere else. They can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

Stay safe out there! :cheers:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I was a starving college student and drove a death trap Pinto. Although it was a major POS, it was great for that time. Got like 30 mpg and once when it ran out of gas waiting in one of those lines, my buddy and I just pushed the thing half a block.

I had a late 74 Pontiac Grand Am, one of the last Pontiac big block 400 ci V8, Turbo 400 trans, 4 bbl Rochester carb.  It had the Factory Delco AM/FM 8 Track stereo.  At 55 speed limit I could eke out about 15 mpg. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

My biggest concern is that when all this is over you'll have ass-tards saying stuff like "ONLY 40,000 people died and we shut down the economy for THAT?! Look at heart disease!"  Not realizing that, of course the reason that only those many people died was because we shut down the damn economy.

And those folks will vote for other ass-tards who believe it was all overhyped and a hoax and a conspiracy.

And then this disease will come crawling back and kill a whole lot more.

I'll tell you one thing, the biggest skeptics and those who ignore guidelines are the VERY people that the economy was shut down to protect. I was at a gas station and a 85 year old guy was buying a soda and a candy bar. It's very frustrating.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

57 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

That's been around forever. In cali the squirrles have plague. No joke. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.