bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone watching gas prices lately? Down to $1.79 in Boise. I haven’t seen prices this low in thirty years. Price war on the world market and low demand because no one is driving. 

Won't be staying that way. The two highly virtuous states of Russa and Saudi Arabia agreed yesterday to cut down on production in order to drive prices back up.

Boom goes the dynamite.

53 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I feel like you have cognitive dissonance. If no president could do substantially better than Trump here, where people are fired and discredited for trying to trying to keep people from dying of coronavirus, then how would we have done any better with coronavirus if it had started in, say, Atlanta instead of Wuhan? Given your opinion it would have gone pandemic about as quickly in the US as it would have in China. 

We wouldn’t have done much better in Atlanta. But we also wouldn’t have systematically silenced doctors, reporters, people on social media from telling the world SHIT IS GOING DOWN HERE! For at least six +++++ing weeks! The entire world would have had their oh shit moment months earlier, tens of thousands of lives could have been saved. Entire economies might be function with a higher degree of normalcy that would then allow everyone to lean on each other more broadly, to combat this thing more effectively.

Its a +++++ing global tragedy that this broke out in China instead of America. Before the world developed nuclear weapons, nations and people’s went to all out war for less than what China did to Italy.

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

42 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If? 

Well yeah. If it stays above 1 then it doesn't die. :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Did you go to Wyoming.  Even for 1 year?  Only Wyoming fans are that gullible.

Heh, only UNM. Guess it's more convenience, it's the only gas station on the way from my house right before onramp to i25. Oh and it's 91 octane too, but still probably on the high side.

• Cheers 1

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean officials on Friday reported 91 patients thought cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again. 

Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), told a briefing that the virus may have been “reactivated” rather than the patients being re-infected.

South Korean health officials said it remains unclear what is behind the trend, with epidemiological investigations still under way.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-reports-recovered-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again-idUSKCN21S15X

:surrender:

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The curve is starting to flatten, but what if it doesn’t go down? 

If it hasn't flattened beneath the capacity of hospital beds, we keep taking more extreme measures.

If it's flattened below our capacity then that's what we want.

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone watching gas prices lately? Down to $1.79 in Boise. I haven’t seen prices this low in thirty years. Price war on the world market and low demand because no one is driving. 

When I was a young adult, we would take the car and get in line at 6:00 am to purchase 10 gallons of fuel while conforming to the license plate odd / even rules.  At 7:00 am they would sell fuel to the public after police and emergency vehicles were allowed to fill up between 6-7 am.  Now we get in line 6 am to buy toilet paper at Costco. 

5th December 1973:  Cars queuing for fuel during the oil crisis of 1973. (Evening Standard/Getty Images)

A line outside a Costco in Tempe

• Like 2
110926run_defense710.jpg

15 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Yeeeee-ah, I don’t think you know what you’re typing. 

Not shocking that you’re a forty year old flat brim wearing GTR owner.  

And I won’t be 40 til September, haven’t worn a hat in probably 15 years, and don’t own the GTR anymore. I’m refined, unbiased, and I set the record here for most posts without being wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I filled up last week, the day before oil prices going back up, at $1.31/gal with my grocery store rewards ($0.10/gal cheaper), I haven't seen prices that cheap in I don't know how long.

That being said, 30 years? You might be off a little bit, because I remember gas prices under $1.00/gal in the late 90s up to 9/11. Either that, or prices in Idaho must have been more expensive than in California at the time.

21 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s hard to comprehend shit like that.. Because here there isn’t many cases, weather is great, I’m in the yard and sunshine all day in my robe. But in NYC they’re literally burying people in city parks.

They aren’t burying people in city parks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Bob said:

My dad's family had a chevy Nova during that episode and it got like 6 miles to the gallon lol. It was not their family car. He said they didn't drive it much during that period.

I was a starving college student and drove a death trap Pinto. Although it was a major POS, it was great for that time. Got like 30 mpg and once when it ran out of gas waiting in one of those lines, my buddy and I just pushed the thing half a block.

• Like 3

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Ah my bad. Guess the fake news got me. Still though, hard to imagine a city in America having so many bodies to bury they’re digging mass graves.

They aren't really mass graves though.  They're unclaimed people.  NYC has several every year that are buried in that place. There's just more unclaimed/unidentified people now but they're being documented and buried in separate caskets and somebody can go back in later and claim them.  NYC will then dig up where they're buried and transfer them to a cemetery..