bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

UK Prime Miinister Boris Johnson has been taken to the hospital on advice of doctors after having COVID-19 for 10 days.

He will be on a vent soon.  Pre-existing condition: obesity.  Anybody that out of shape will have a hard time with the corona.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

He makes some good points, but we are probably 2-3 weeks too early. The positive tests and death count are still rising. On restart extensive testing and tracing are necessary to minimize a second surge.

Yes, it's definitely too early. Right now, I'd say the country should look at a target date being sometime during the first week of May. (Think exactly a month from today, Cinco de Mayo, and we'll all celebrate getting through the worst of it with a margarita.)

But I otherwise generally agree with the guy that medical authorities are being overly cautious to the detriment of the economy. It seems to me that once drive-up testing is possible for everybody, the strategy should begin to shift from social distancing to herd immunity and if that's done prudently and intelligently, when the second "wave" of the disease hits in the fall, it will be no more consequential than the common flu.

• Like 3

Boom goes the dynamite.

28 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

He will be on a vent soon.  Pre-existing condition: obesity.  Anybody that out of shape will have a hard time with the corona.

We don't know that for certain. However, as I understand it, the guy is 5-9 and was about 225 lbs until going on a diet and exercise program a year or so ago which allowed him to drop about 20 lbs. However, the pressures of being prime minister have resulted in him gaining that weight back. Maybe worse, just like Trump he's a junk food junky and his diet is horrible so you have to wonder whether a cholestoral and/or blood pressure problem doesn't have a lot to do with his inability to fight off the disease.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

http://www.91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

whoops sorry mis read your request.   You want Covid versus normal.  My bad. 

It is obvious C19 deaths have been going up exponentially, I was curious if other deaths were down significantly. Just guessing some were about to die anyway, and now are classified as C19. :shrug:

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

It is obvious C19 deaths have been going up exponentially, I was curious if other deaths were down significantly. Just guessing some were about to die anyway, and now are classified as C19. :shrug:

Not an unreasonable supposition.  Would be interesting to see the data.

28 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Yes, it's definitely too early. Right now, I'd say the country should look at a target date being sometime during the first week of May. (Think exactly a month from today, Cinco de Mayo, and we'll all celebrate getting through the worst of it with a margarita.)

But I otherwise generally agree with the guy that medical authorities are being overly cautious to the detriment of the economy. It seems to me that once drive-up testing is possible for everybody, the strategy should begin to shift from social distancing to herd immunity and if that's done prudently and intelligently, when the second "wave" of the disease hits in the fall, it will be no more consequential than the common flu.

Yeah I agree.  It’s why testing is so critical.  But, I know I’m repeating myself for the 100th time😏

5 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

As long as the beach isn't crowded, no risk of spread.  Moderate exercise is good physically and mentally.

I brought a granddaughter to see her mom and baby brother in Stockton.  Although I couldn't find anything definite for San Joaquin County, stricter Bay Area counties allow child custody / visitation.  The mom and me agreed the safest thing to do was to keep our distance at 6 feet and meet at a park instead of going into her apartment.  At the nearest park, there were 6 officers on bikes asking people to leave the park.  I understand closing playground equipment, picnic tables and the like, but I fail to see the harm in letting people hang out on benches or the lawn, as long as adequate distance is maintained.  We went for a walk, stopped and sat on a flower bed brick wall and ate lunch.  The group of officers on bikes went by.  One officer said we couldn't sit there, but another just asked us to move when we were done eating.  They were nice and respectful, just doing there job. In our case, it seemed to be a good balance between common sense while still protecting the public.  As for the park, I am sure the directive came down to close the park.

Yes but the problem with the beach is it’s windy and reasonable that 6 feet isn’t enough.   People however won’t think that way and could get sick anyway. 

33 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

It’s hard to get comparable stats on a wide scale. But the WSJ compared reported deaths in total and ascribed to coronavirus to previous March’s, and the early outlook from a hot spot in northern Italy is not good.

A1-B61-AAB-9355-4-FA8-9851-FD8338-A1963-

C4-C0-F5-FA-B6-FC-4040-B87-A-D5199062210

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I know some blame Trump, others blame the Chinese,  some blame Cuomo but the real root cause has been discovered.  

it’s all the +++++ing Canadians fault

1918 - Toronto wins Stanley Cup
1919 - Stanley Cup canceled

1993 - Toronto wins World Series
1994 - World Series canceled

2019 - Toronto wins NBA Finals
2020 - ...

God forbid Toronto wins anything again in the future.   

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

I know some blame Trump, others blame the Chinese,  some blame Cuomo but the real root cause has been discovered.  

2020 - ...

It’s why we need a northern wall.

• Haha 3

v0icAvfW.jpg

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

2020 - ...

Holy smokes! We need to invade right now!

• Cheers 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yes but the problem with the beach is it’s windy and reasonable that 6 feet isn’t enough.   People however won’t think that way and could get sick anyway. 

As long as it is not crowded, having an open beach is low, low risk (not -0- risk).

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

2020 - ...

canada.gif.06985976a2587b330eb8125bdc71f3b4.gif

• Like 1