bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, sactowndog said:

Right and safety means them being exposed every time the pull you over.   

Yep. My buddy was sketchy about every single stop, even though they get top-of-the-line PPE - their issue masks are N100's, which are NIOSH-rated to filter out ≥99.7% of all particulates. Told him just to trust the process and trust the equipment. But as to @Los_Aztecas' point, they aren't exactly rushing to pull people over these days.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Sweden is beginning to rethink its approach. The government is seeking the ability to bypass Parliament to start putting in place stricter measures as needed.

Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said today "“We will count the dead by the thousands. We must be prepared for that.”

While still low compared to many other European countries, Sweden's per capita numbers are increasing.

• Sweden - population 10.2 million with median age of 40.9 - 373 Coronavirus deaths to date - 36.5 deaths per million
  • US - population 327.2 million with median age of 38.2 - 8,243 Coronavirus deaths to date - 25.2 deaths per million

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yep. My buddy was sketchy about every single stop, even though they get top-of-the-line PPE - their issue masks are N100's, which are NIOSH-rated to filter out ≥99.7% of all particulates. Told him just to trust the process and trust the equipment. But as to @Los_Aztecas' point, they aren't exactly rushing to pull people over these days.

Are you a SIMP? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

The average hospital stay from Pneumonia with or without complications or comorbidities is 3 to 5 days. It is an average of 7 days for pneumonia involving an ICU stay.

Current data indicates the average hospital stay from COVID-19 averages 10 to 12 days.(early New York data is the most critical cases are on a ventilator for 20 to 30 days plus the additional hospital days off the machine).

Medical insurance companies are going to be making big payouts this year for hospitalizations that recover, not just those who die. Keep an eye on insurance premiums, they will increase next year.

We need to keep hospitalizations down by limiting the spread.

A lot of laid off people who don't pay the cobra won't have insurance.  Hospitals will be eating a lot of that

35 minutes ago, Billings said:

A lot of laid off people who don't pay the cobra won't have insurance.  Hospitals will be eating a lot of that

But but but Trump said the gov would cover the cost at Medicare rates.

Hospitals may need a bail out given the bulk of their revenue comes from elective surgeries which have all put on hold.

I need a laminectomy and have been told elective surgeries likely won't happen for at least 3 months 

One of the Final Five..........

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

With the world population approaching 8 billion people and putting a strain on the earths resources, maybe Mother Nature is stepping in and doing what humans refuse to do. 

Killing off a bunch of (mostly) older people will do jack shit as far as population control goes.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

Heard they are deploying the 5 min  tests  in Detroit now.  Montana Gov said we are slated to get 11 - 15 machines but no timeline.

3 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Killing off a bunch of (mostly) older people will do jack shit as far as population control goes.

Birth rates are falling significantly across the 1st and 2nd world countries though.    

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You're absolutely correct.

One of my closest friends has 13 years in the CHP,  and he's told me they're writing fewer tickets in no small part due to the fact that management has told them they're not worried about the numbers right now, that they want them to focus on safety. 

That being said, the best strategy for avoiding speeding tickets is to not get caught, which is much harder to do when there's less traffic in which to hide. Side note: I once made it from San Diego to Medford, OR in just under 8 hours. Including two pit stops and a photo opp. :ph34r:

2nd Side note: In early Jan I had an LAPD paddy wagon/van get up to the mid-90s to catch up to me and light me up, my in my wife's Prius, in the HOV lane, on the 405. That would have been either the best, or worst, speeding ticket ever written.

In Vegas the cops are all over the freeways pulling people over. It's very noticeable. I'm surprised.

Stay home and wash your hands on second thought is really stupid. If you're staying home with people and one of you has it, then all of you probably have it.

If you're out and could be contaminated then wash your hands, but to sit at home all day and wash your hands 50 times sounds insane because it is insane.

What the hell.

• Like 2