bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

corona-deaths-vs-social-interventions.pn

I don't see much correlation with governmental intervention and death rate. Lockdown appears to be pseudo science 

Or the disease hasn't run its course so such comparisons are at least a year from being meaningful?

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, Bob said:

Or maybe there is enough evidence? no one knows. But I do know that millions of lives have been deeply adversely affected because of governmental "health intervention". 

Yeah not killing millions sucks

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

You don't realize how flippant, naive and stupid you sounds when you say shit like this. 

You don't realize how flippant, naive and stupid you sounds when you minimize deaths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

The virus came from a lab in Wuhan that studies bats. Unvclear if it is a biological weapon though. 

Nah, Chanel Rion of One America News said a few weeks ago that it was developed in a North Carolina research lab.

Her proof? This 2015 research journal article:

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence

Here we examine the disease potential of a SARS-like virus, SHC014-CoV, which is currently circulating in Chinese horseshoe bat populations1. Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797993/

Of the authors of that article, 10 of the 15 authors are from the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill while 2 others were from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The experiments were done at UNC.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I don't see much correlation with governmental intervention and death rate. Lockdown appears to be pseudo science 

If you want to post something that shows time to lockdown from first known case versus reported deaths we might take you seriously.   We have plenty of evidence available for that correlation.   Instead you are the anti-science right wing ideologue we expect you to be.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I'm inclined to agree we don't know.  They are still debating the origins of the Spanish flu, so I doubt we will ever know

5 hours ago, Bob said:

Gotta disagree here Bob...  there’s a definite correlation there from what I see and based on my experience.  I can almost guarantee you that any statistical calculation applied to that dataset will yield as much - supporting the idea you’re trying to refute. There are a few outlier data points but there’s a definite correlation.

• Like 3

v0icAvfW.jpg