bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

Where the phuck is this money going to come from? No one is paying taxes at the moment, there is no revenue stream to the fed govt. Not to mention that we are already in a deep deficit hole.

same place it always comes from, the full faith and credit of the US as the biggest baddest dog on the block.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Where the phuck is this money going to come from? No one is paying taxes at the moment, there is no revenue stream to the fed govt. Not to mention that we are already in a deep deficit hole.

The printing press. The same place it's always come from since leaving the gold standard behind.

39 minutes ago, sean327 said:

The printing presses are over heating. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The only time we've had similar unemployment claims in such a short amount of time were localized (like Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana).  This is like that for the whole country and likely going to stay that way for the next two months.

Minus the swimming venomous snakes and alligators.  

Any chance we could get the soup kitchens and bread lines across the country to serve gumbo and beignets?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Well, the Roman Catholic Church has some unique challenges that come with being a 1,700+ year old organization.  I am not Catholic and I don't follow the pope, but I can see the good that is their goal.  All churches eventually fall short of the Creator when it comes to execution.

The fundamental problem with organized religions is bureaucracy. Accordingly, the bigger the bureaucracy, the bigger the problem and just like major problems are swept under the rug by Big Government, they've been swapt under the rug by Big Religion, particularly Roman Catholicism.

And FWIW, despite its size, the LDS church - the Fundamental LDS crazies excepted - has been far less culpable of that than most Protestant faiths. Props.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'm not big on religion of any sort...........but here in the USA, it seems that the Baptists / Southern Baptists can bring the crazy like few churches -

Having been raised as one, I'll say damn straight.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, retrofade said:

I keep having to delete political posts from both ends of the spectrum in the main sections and tell them to take it to the Diner.

I'm sure you can guess who the deniers are without any difficulties at all.

That place has the highest % of +++++ing morons of any board I have ever been on.  It is like 70% are like +++++ing HoustonBronco

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That place has the highest % of +++++ing morons of any board I have ever been on.  It is like 70% are like +++++ing HoustonBronco

I don't know who HoustonBronco is, but yeah... it's pretty painful. We have a guy going on and on about how the CDC is incompetent, and then like five posts later he's touting the CDC as experts because they said something he agrees with. The best part though... that's honestly just the tip of the iceberg. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The house was moving and shaking and my Labrador Retriever was freaked but we are good. The epicenter was in a very remote part of Idaho 

Be ready for quite a few decent sized aftershocks. When was the last time you guys had a palpable quake? 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

When I was in Grade school in the early 80's LOL 

You’ll also start hearing that you’re at a higher likelihood for a bigger quake but that’s extremely rare. Stay safe. Who knew staying at home could be more dangerous :rimshot1: