bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

NBC News just recommended that everyone needs to disinfect every item and package we bring into our homes. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DISINFECTANT PRODUCTS TO DO THAT!!! 

Get Isopropanol and put some paper towels on a used Clorox wipes container with the alcohol and you have wipes for those things you need to immediately bring in.

NBC News just recommended that everyone needs to disinfect every item and package we bring into our homes. THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH DISINFECTANT PRODUCTS TO DO THAT!!! 

I don't believe it.

If you wash your hands frequently then there's no cause to disinfect everything you bring into your home. Disinfect areas touched often, like refrigerator door handles etc.

Don't spray Lysol all over your egg carton for +++++'s sake. People are getting crazy.

There still has not been one confirmed case of someone getting infected by touching an infected surface. I'm not saying it's impossible, but that's not the primary method of infection.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I think the thing that ultimately makes governments bad at stuff is that there are always conflicting mandates. Its not really about efficiency. Look at every governmental department at all levels, and you will have multiple mandates that are in conflict with one another. The less reconcilable, the worse the department is at doing its thing.  That's why the military is ultimately seen as one of the more effective government entities... it has one pretty clear mandate - blowing shit up. So even when highly inefficient, it can still be effective. Departments of corrections on  the other hand...

Businesses have clarity in their mandate. Make money. To do that, provide a product or service people want to buy. Even when there are conflicts in there, the clarity of purpose is always there.

True but pretty sure the pandemic office has a pretty clear mandate.  Perhaps even more clear than the military which has conflicting rules of engagement.  

That ranks up there with the rumblings that the CDC is going to recommend that everyone wear a mask that are impossible to get.

So much for social distancing.  I went to the nursery to get vegetables to plant in our garden.   I put on gloves and a mask as my wife is high risk.  Standing in line a guy wearing, I kid you not, a red Trump MAGA hat gets in line 2-3 feet behind me despite the clear markers on the floor.   

Being cautious and assuming he had just forgotten I said excuse me, my wife is very high risk, do you mind giving a little more space?   The dude starts going off about the virus being a hoax and he was more than far enough away.   Hard to believe some of these people.   

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So much for social distancing.  I went to the nursery to get vegetables to plant in our garden.   I put on gloves and a mask as my wife is high risk.  Standing in line a guy wearing, I kid you not, a red Trump MAGA hat gets in line 2-3 feet behind me despite the clear markers on the floor.   

Being cautious and assuming he had just forgotten I said excuse me, my wife is very high risk, do you mind giving a little more space?   The dude starts going off about the virus being a hoax and he was more than far enough away.   Hard to believe some of these people.   

Haven’t you heard? If a person has a mask and gloves on distancing doesn’t apply. 😀

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Haven’t you heard? If a person has a mask and gloves on distancing doesn’t apply. 😀

Apparently that was his thought.  Taking a swing at him went through my mind but figured it was a bit counter productive in terms of distancing and the last thing the local hospitals needed was two dumb +++++s getting in a fight.  😏

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

They probably believe Obama is a Kenyan and the Clintons are murderers and vaccines are a government hoax.   They value their own personal freeeeedoooommmm

Posted Image

40 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

True but pretty sure the pandemic office has a pretty clear mandate.  Perhaps even more clear than the military which has conflicting rules of engagement.  

There isn't a single pandemic office. There is the cdc, nih, probably other offices under surgeon general. And the DOD had that pandemic thing that was dissolved. Then all the state and local agencies. I promise you all those agencies had mandates within them that conflicted with the pandemic planning part of the agency, and in turn those agencies have mandates that conflict with one another. 

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

22 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I had a similar situation multiple times in the grocery store today but no verbal conflict. Being that it happened in Massachusetts, the likelihood these were MAGA folks is quite low. Stupidity crosses party lines. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

US and NY death toll looks like it’s going to be much lower today. I hope that trend continues tomorrow and next week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I hope the aberration isn't because a lot of corpse counters have Sunday off. I got my hopes dashed the last two weekends.

• Sad 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I hope the aberration isn't because a lot of corpse counters have Sunday off. I got my hopes dashed the last two weekends.

Both positive cases and deaths have risen for seven straight days (including last Sunday) and deaths dropped significantly today. If the trend continues tomorrow that will be a positive sign. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Both positive cases and deaths have risen for seven straight days (including last Sunday) and deaths dropped significantly today. If the trend continues tomorrow that will be a positive sign. 

I agree, don't get your hopes up, look at the last two weekends.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It is oddly low today. I keep wondering if we're going to see a death dump the closer we get to Midnight EST. Total new cases are down too, though definitely not halved like the deaths to this point. 

I think all cases are referenced to GMT where it’s now Monday morning so Sunday’s count has ended. I’m wondering if the positive count is more attributed to increased testing. 

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

1st Corona death today in Washoe County.. .... damn! Guy in his 40's, no other information. 

He was a friend of a friend.  Shows how we’re all probably 1-2 people removed from this virus. 

• Sad 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

49 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

At least you are nice about it, my wife went to the grocery store today. It had been almost a week, we're trying to minimize our trips out. She wasn't aware of places putting down the tape yet, so she went up to the register behind somebody who was there with the card in between. The person was rude, and told her to get back behind the line. My wife apologized, and did that. Almost two weeks ago, I was at Costco early waiting in line for two and a half hours. Some of us talked for a while, keeping our distance. It's actually a fun time. Then somebody who is sitting in their car, came up and went to their cart that was between me and the group I was talking with. I just made small talk, I was about 6 ft away, but the lady was a real b**** about saying to keep 6 ft distance. Oh well, might just be a Costco thing. I felt sorry for her husband. The courtesy at Costco's no different than Walmart, just higher educated / income assholes.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

We are trending at a death rate of about 1.8 % of positive tests but you know it’s far less than that because of the asymptomatic cases who don’t bother getting tested and the millions of people that haven’t been tested. The death count is likely pretty close. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, retrofade said:

What the +++++ing shitballs? This company is trying to keep their employee's stimulus checks as well as half of the amount for their children.

How would they even do that? The checks are being deposited into recipients personal bank accounts

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

How would they even do that? The checks are being deposited into recipients personal bank accounts

Here's the agreement that they're making their employees sign. 

https://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/stealing_my_relief_fund.pdf