bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

Shit Mysfit, every western country is dealing with this now, so it's kind of hard to see how you can pin this on trump.  What do you think Hillary would have done differently?  Other than not banning travel from china?  This is the wrong thread for this anyway.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I’m on day three of staying at home and only leaving when absolutely necessary. I going +++++ing stir crazy. Three weeks of this is going to drive me insane lol

I'm a homebody by nature. This is no big deal to me, so far. I also have a woman and a seven-year-old son. So we're spring cleaning, playing games, etc.

On the weekdays, I work. I'm considered essential because reasons.

• Like 1

Newsom provided some new California numbers today.

The number of California COVID-19 patients in ICUs rose from 200 yesterday to 410 today. On average at any one time California has about 3,000 empty ICU beds state wide. Given the extended treatment time and that growth rate, the state will max out current ICU capacity in just a few more days.

1 hour ago, mysfit said:

Moved

I do want to say that all I did was post an article, without commentary. That doesn't justify the shit I'm getting for it.

Have a nice day. Assholes

Please home girl.  You have been saying Trump is killing people for days.  Then pimp a guy because of his political affiliation who was even later than Trump in admitting it was an issue.

Dish it out and be willing to take it or do not dish it out.  Or at least stop being a hypocrite.  If Trump is responsible for deaths because he did not take it seriously than Cuomo is certainly guilty as well.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, mysfit said:

Moved

I do want to say that all I did was post an article, without commentary. That doesn't justify the shit I'm getting for it.

Have a nice day. Assholes

On 3/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, mysfit said:

Time out

Let's all discuss this without making it personal. No need to go therr.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, mysfit said:

So much for keeping the politics on the other thread.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, mysfit said:

Wrong thread

On 3/21/2020 at 8:56 AM, mysfit said:

Politics thread

Please keep this thread for discussion of the coronavirus. 

Thank you

On 3/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, mysfit said:

Politics thread please

On 3/20/2020 at 10:18 PM, mysfit said:

Stop

We do not need to start insulting each other and making this personal.

There's a politics thread for that.

Feel free to add the facts but let's not go after each other.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Just a reminder, everyone...  removing "politics" from something is a political act

Carry on...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Please home girl.  You have been saying Trump is killing people for days.  Then pimp a guy because of his political affiliation who was even later than Trump in admitting it was an issue.

Dish it out and be willing to take it or do not dish it out.  Or at least stop being a hypocrite.  If Trump is responsible for deaths because he did not take it seriously than Cuomo is certainly guilty as well.

She is correct about Trump but I agree Cuomo was hardly better.  At the end of the day who is more to blame should be in the political thread.   

Just got back from the grocery store. People are +++++ing dumb. Multiple times I had to tell morons stay 6 feet away. Had three different people walk right up behind me to grab products off the same shelf, one was in produce. Several people coughing in the store. Only went for a few items but I’m going to switch to delivery for everything now. 

• Like 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Just got back from the grocery store. People are +++++ing dumb. Multiple times I had to tell morons stay 6 feet away. Had three different people walk right up behind me to grab products off the same shelf, one was in produce. Several people coughing in the store. Only went for a few items but I’m going to switch to delivery for everything now. 

Try going in the afternoon when no one else is there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

yea.  I go late and won't go in if it is crowded.  a local butcher shop is a great way to buy meat and they are not crowded at all here.  Also we have two small neighborhood non-chain grocery stores that are well stocked and not crowded either.   I am avoiding Alberstons in the middle class neighborhoods.  Just a mess.  One Albertsons in a poor neighborhood and on the edge of town is not really crowded.  I guess poor people can't afford to hoard.

Just what is working for me.

• Like 2