bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Great.  Can’t seem to buy one....so :shrug:

I literally just stumbled upon half a box of n95s in my garage. I had no idea I even had them. Wife was doomsday prepping or something.

Yay me. 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I literally just stumbled upon half a box of n95s in my garage. I had no idea I even had them. Wife was doomsday prepping or something.

Yay me. 

My old roommate had some I thought he left here with all his other shit, a story for another time.   Anyway I went looking today and couldn’t find any :( 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Great.  Can’t seem to buy one....so :shrug:

Yeah, no shit.  Tell us that we should wear masks, yet supply us with none.  Good one, Powers That Be.  I guess us guys can just improvise and rip up our t-shirts etc.  Not that I ever did this, but would be akin to playing "bandit" or "gangsta" when you were a kid, only with potentially dire consequences if your mask isn't quite up to snuff...

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Yay me. 

I have a box of them in my garage that I bought to use for the Fresno State football games when the wild fires were still going on. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

To be fair, the hospital charges $15 for one advil, so...

Ridiculous but consider that the estimated collection rate for a hospital when the balance is over $1200 In 2020 is less than 5%. When margins for hospitals are 2-4 % and less for community hospitals, it’s a 15 dollar Advil or no hospital.

8 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Ridiculous but consider that the estimated collection rate for a hospital when the balance is over $1200 In 2020 is less than 5%. When margins for hospitals are 2-4 % and less for community hospitals, it’s a 15 dollar Advil or no hospital.

That's all ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

are there still states that haven’t done this yet? 

Nevada technically hasn’t. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Any thoughts as to when this will let up?

I want to say in three weeks, but my guess is the end of May.

I think the shutdowns/quarantines/stay at home orders have done their jobs as best as they could to slow the virus, but that also means a slower recovery.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cuomo will literally be responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands.  The DNC hero.  He was later than Trump on this and left his state woefully ill prepared.  People are dying everyday because of the democrat hero.

I dont think Cuomo has been horrible to be honest.

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yah, the numbers out of China are absurd.  For propaganda reasons.

The numbers out of Italy are wildly inaccurate too, because of being overwhelmed.  And obviously the UK has a lot more cases than one tenth of ours if they have half the death toll.

Looking at the numbers like it's a sports score is making people less informed not more.  You can dig into specifics, like Retro did on CAs numbers, and glean information from that regarding how many CA tests are pending.  But comparing different countries deaths versus cases, and trying to get comparative data is impossible based on our resources.

And to your point, China is completely full of shit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Any thoughts as to when this will let up?

I want to say in three weeks, but my guess is the end of May.

I think the shutdowns/quarantines/stay at home orders have done their jobs as best as they could to slow the virus, but that also means a slower recovery.

I’m on day three of staying at home and only leaving when absolutely necessary. I going +++++ing stir crazy. Three weeks of this is going to drive me insane lol

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It drives me nuts every time I read an article that says the USA has the most Corona virus cases without the additional information of the most confirmed Corona tests.  Terrible reporting.