bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

36 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hey when beanie babies became a hit they were instantly turning those damn things out like M&Ms. 

Beanie Babies are produced in Asian factories, even during the craze years. Many production locations were in China, Indonesia, and Korea.

From a book about them:

"Even as sales exploded, Ty personally designed every piece the company put out, and that meant spending several months each year at the factories in Asia."

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2015/03/02/beanie-baby-bubble

People do not need to rethink the economy 

Businesses need to change their models and be concerned by something other than JUST the bottom line 

People didn't move everything off shore. Businesses did that

• Super-Mega Idiot 2

One of the Final Five..........

19 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I thought you needed N95 masks and those are near impossible to get right now?

They need to be reserved for healthcare

I think this is a trolling tweet

EDUT or a trump trial balloon. So poorly thought it it reeks of him.

16 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Great.  Can’t seem to buy one....so :shrug:

16 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It’s going to be the new toilet paper.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The CDC is now denying that they are considering that change.

Sounds like a New York doctor firing some stuff off. My bad. Maybe they’re hearing things different than the official line though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

25 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Somehow the SEIU found 39 million n95s that they’re generously selling to hospitals at $5 a piece. I can find n95 on Alibaba for 39 cents a piece and 3M n95 for under $2. Hoarding?

• Like 1

Cuomo may be bucking the CDC in terms of PPE, saying their guidelines may not be adequate 

CDC is not infallible 

Late 70's early 80's when AIDS was just starting, CDC stated it was not transmitted by blood. I, and others at the hospital were gloves on blood draws. Administration wasn't happy and said they weren't needed and would start writing people up because they made families uncomfortable. Resounding response was the fire us and find someone else. Admin backed down.

Took awhile for the CDC to get that right. And lots of people acquired HIV through transfusions before they admitted they got it wrong.

People on the ground, frontline health care, should be listened to.

5 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

Somehow the SEIU found 39 million n95s that they’re generously selling to hospitals at $5 a piece. I can find n95 on Alibaba for 39 cents a piece and 3M n95 for under $2. Hoarding?

maybe or maybe expired or faulty.  Europe has reported faulty tests and masks form china.  what is the SEIU?

In January   hoarded 5 3M n95 masks from the hardware store on a whim.  might come in handy I guess

The supplier (not the SEIU union) is selling them for $5/each. Supposedly the supplier is based in Pennsylvania and had the masks in warehouses in Pennsylvania and Georgia.

SEIU is the Service Employee International Union, represents many healthcare workers.

Other N95 mask stashes have turned up such as Facebook's 720,000 purchased during California's wildfires; Goldman Sachs having a stash of 600,000; the 5,000 found at the National Cathedral in Washington; and others.

SEIU seemed to have found the largest so far but since it is a union it is taking some heat with incorrect information about the union selling them.

7 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

The supplier (not the SEIU union) is selling them for $5/each. Supposedly the supplier is based in Pennsylvania and had the masks in warehouses in Pennsylvania and Georgia.

SEIU is the Service Employee International Union, represents many healthcare workers.

Other N95 mask stashes have turned up such as Facebook's 720,000 purchased during California's wildfires; Goldman Sachs having a stash of 600,000; the 5,000 found at the National Cathedral in Washington; and others.

SEIU seemed to have found the largest so far but since it is a union it is taking some heat with incorrect information about the union selling them.

I don't understand why Goldman Sachs would have N95 masks...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

39 minutes ago, Billings said:

maybe or maybe expired or faulty.  Europe has reported faulty tests and masks form china.  what is the SEIU?

In January   hoarded 5 3M n95 masks from the hardware store on a whim.  might come in handy I guess

Service employees international union. I’ll take all the expired masks I can get. 

52 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

To be fair, the hospital charges $15 for one advil, so...

• Like 4