bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The sad thing is that someone felt the need to post it on the internet.

That lady is damn lucky she didn’t do that on the MWCBoard. There would have been blood. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Agreed.  I just read link from a Doctor's comments on CougarBoard.  Tough times for them.  He made an interesting claim.  He said world wide, 86% of Covid patients that go on ventilators still die.  It was 70% in Seattle.  

This statistic may look more alarming than it really is. In general old people who go on vents die. Per NY times:

"After intubation, 31 percent of patients ages 65 to 74 survive the hospitalization and return home. But for 80- to 84-year-olds, that figure drops to 19 percent; for those over age 90, it slides to 14 percent".Jun 22, 2018

• Like 2

I am hoping the steepness of the curve right now in the US is because we are finally ramping up testing. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will start to see the benefits of social distancing reflected in the curve.

• Like 2

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

5 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm going to refrain from calling you names, and I'm going to refrain from making a bet. But I guarantee you're going to be wrong and whoever you get your info from is wrong. This will end up being roughly twice as deadly as the seasonal flu. And if you think that justifies ruining millions of lives then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe go look up the effects of extreme stress on pregnant mothers and how it affects their babies if you don't believe me why fear mongering is dangerous and irresponsible. 

It's not me who is right or wrong ffs, it's the models.

That being said, I honestly hope you're right.

I have no doubt the restrictive measures in place come at great cost. It's like two ends of a shit sandwich, where one end gives you a mutherfvcker of a case of e coli.

But I honestly hope the models are wrong. I'll leave it right there.

• Cheers 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’re #1!

420AF19D-6CCF-414A-9955-522C86842252.png

Too bad we’ll never know how many people were really infected in China.

• Cheers 2

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

China’s numbers are horseshit and anybody that parrots them as accurate is a fool.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Seems there are two main world views when it comes to this.

- save as many lives as possible while doing their best not to tank the economy too much

- keep the economy as stable as possible while doing their best to ensure a catastrophic number of people don’t die 

The former stress that if the medical system is overwhelmed, the economy will tank anyway. The latter says if the economic downturn is too severe, people will die anyway. Kind of a catch-22, I can see why not many appear to be changing their minds. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There are videos starting to pop up on Twitter showing Chinese police forcefully keeping people out of hospitals to maintain the CCP line of "No New Cases". +++++ing sickening. 

Our government is far from perfect, but China's is straight up evil. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok