bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

Yes he does.

He's a petulant child throwing a tantrum with complete and total disregard to the damage he's causing. How the +++++ he got elected I still don't understand. He is damaging to this country. He is a threat to national security.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

One of the Final Five..........

14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — thinking that an entire state the size of California would happily go along with secession is silly.

9AA9A921-38B6-4CA4-84BD-816C0DFA7FAB.jpeg.02603656a2bbad6412ceffa4eef72efa.jpeg

Clark County Nevada should go on it's own - let the rural NV try to survive on their pittance of a tax base !! 

Just now, retrofade said:

Yes, everything is the media's fault. Understood. 

Or, maybe, just maaaaaaaaaaaybe, their reporting is accurate and paints a picture of a President that cares more about the economy and his re-election than anything else. But hey, you and @Bob seem to have the whole soothsayer thing going on, so I'll defer to your wisdom and knowledge.

If you want to ignore Fauci himself stating that the media was unfairly pinning him and Trump against each other that’s your prerogative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I once met a woman from Arco who could chug a room temperature Lucky Lager then immediately burp the alphabet, all without taking a breath. Don’t +++++ with people from Arco.

Did you and Joe enjoy a threesome?  Joe probably has a few stories from Arco.

• Haha 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Rural Nevada would do just fine in that situation. 

Yeah !! A county with 826 people will really pay their own way !!! 

Esmeralda County is a county in the west of U.S. state of Nevada. As of the 2010 census, the population was 783,[1] making it the least populous county in Nevada. Esmeralda County does not have any incorporated communities. Its county seat is the town of Goldfield.[2]

Area

• Total 3,589 sq mi (9,300 km2)
 • Land 3,582 sq mi (9,280 km2)
 • Water 7.2 sq mi (19 km2)  0.2%
Population
 (2010)
 • Total 783
 • Estimate 
(2018)
 • Density 0.22/sq mi (0.084/km2)

37 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — thinking that an entire state the size of California would happily go along with secession is silly.

9AA9A921-38B6-4CA4-84BD-816C0DFA7FAB.jpeg.02603656a2bbad6412ceffa4eef72efa.jpeg

In CA you need to divide San Bernardino and Riverside counties in half. The western side of each is blue because it’s urban, the eastern sides are red because they are rural. Imperial County is just weird, no rhyme or reason as to why it’s blue. It has the same demographics as it’s neighbor to the East in Arizona, Yuma County. Yuma County is bright red.

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

I'd recommend shutting him out. I know, he's the president. But he really isn't a useful or productive voice.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

the 60s was almost certainly geographical, just not in the same way. Just like today's issues are to some extent geographical, but not in the ways that people on here are suggesting (blue states vs red states). Happy's point on geography is that the geography is more complicated than bornontheblue seems to indicate it is. California is a good example, as you know. It is one of the bluest states in the union, but it also has a ton of conservatives, including pockets of hardcore conservatism. 

Well, when it comes to each state, it's not necessarily a black and white issue, or blue and red. However, in many states it basically is. Some states haven't voted for a Democrat for president since LBJ and some may not have ever done so in their existence. OTOH, I heard that New York hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since Reagan and I'm not going to check but I don't think Hawaii ever has. My point is that people's politics are becoming more and more entrenched and rather than advocating a change in that thinking, as modestobulldog said, voters are more and more viewing compromise as worthy of shunning.

Boom goes the dynamite.

My UPDATE today will not been centered on the Senate bill, but with scientists, Homeland Sec analysts & former FDA commissioners on the pipeline for tests, vaccines & therapies & next moves. We are moving slower than the rest of the world even now. Follow if interested this PM.

One of the Final Five..........

5 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Those death rate numbers are going to continue to decline even if total deaths/patients increases over the next few days given the increase of testing. Given most cases are of the mild/moderate variety and the vast majority recover from it, more testing will result in more people diagnosed, and most of those people will recover or not even exhibit sever symptoms. 

no doubt. 

but they will also simultaneously rise as the number of new cases probably are in the early stages of the illness and the death rate hasn't caught up yet, and when it flows through Africa, South America and India it could get scary