bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

s2UNRk0.png

You can toss China's and Iran's numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to eventually learn that over 100,000 died in China, let alone the number of cases. And Iran's digging trenches for bodies.

Countries to watch over the next few weeks are India, the United Kingdom, the U.S., and countries in Africa. Don't believe anything from Russia.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would think so.  Where will the funds go to though?  The bank she did electronic filing with this year, or their account for 2018 that her ex husband now has sole access to?

Hopefully her ex does the right thing and splits $ received.

110926run_defense710.jpg

29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Guess we're not treating this thread with sincerity anymore.

Come on, man. This isn't your first 100+ page thread rodeo. Itll come back around. These tangents make life in these threads worth living. 

• Like 3

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

36 minutes ago, Bob said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oxford-study-suggests-millions-people-221100162.html

The Oxford research suggests the pandemic is in a later stage than previously thought and estimates the virus has already infected at least millions of people worldwide. In the United Kingdom, which the study focuses on, half the population would have already been infected. If accurate, that would mean transmission began around mid-January and the vast majority of cases presented mild or no symptoms.

Wish I could read the full study. 

That would be good news. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That would be good news. 

this makes no sense.  Are we suspecting that millions of people caught this initially and didn't have severe enough symptoms to be hospitalized back in January?  And just recently it has escalated.

:hookah:

21 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That would be good news. 

I swear something was going around back in November and December. I was working around people who were coming and going from China at that time. I got the worst cold I have ever had in December. Took me about 2 weeks to get back to 100%. Worst cough and fever I have ever had. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

We don't want in 

Judging from the political philosophy of Idahoans on this board, there would be no purpose in the Left Coast states leaving if we had to take you guys too.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Judging from the political philosophy of Idahoans on this board, there would be no purpose in the Left Coast states leaving if we had to take you guys too.

No, no , you misunderstood me. If you guys want to go then go. We won't interfere, and we want nothing to do with the Nation of California. 

Sometimes it's better  to divorce and go separate ways than try to fix the marriage. 

18 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

BTW how would it help the middle class if you raised the top marginal rate to say 65%

Growing income disparity and diminution of the middle class are tearing our country apart. No one thing is going to resolve that problem but things like compelling those who couldn't spend all their money in half a dozen lifetimes to pay more in taxes - which would also help lessen the national debt - and helping to bring back manufacturing by revoking some of the legislation which encouraged corporations to move it overseas and south of the border would be a good start. (And don't bother pointing out that I therefore agree with Trump to some degree on the trade deficit with China. Although I definitely do and support him for making an effort, as with virtually everything, he's been inept in so doing.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would think so.  Where will the funds go to though?  The bank she did electronic filing with this year, or their account for 2018 that her ex husband now has sole access to?

They will use the 2019 taxes if those have been filed. If not, THEN they go by 2018.

Has she filed 2019 yet?

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

10 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

No, no , you misunderstood me. If you guys want to go then go. We won't interfere, and we want nothing to do with the Nation of California. 

Sometimes it's better  to divorce and go separate ways than try to fix the marriage. 

There is no world where a "divorce" would be better.  

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

lol — bye. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oxford-study-suggests-millions-people-221100162.html

The Oxford research suggests the pandemic is in a later stage than previously thought and estimates the virus has already infected at least millions of people worldwide. In the United Kingdom, which the study focuses on, half the population would have already been infected. If accurate, that would mean transmission began around mid-January and the vast majority of cases presented mild or no symptoms.

Wish I could read the full study. 

52 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That would be good news. 

This is what I've been thinking since the beginning. This virus has been around in the US since January and I've noticed a lot of people I know including myself got sick around that time with a bad case of the flu or at least showed flu like symptoms that put us on our asses longer than normal. Maybe a lot of people caught the first strain before it mutated and now we are seeing the late stages of it.  

• Like 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

These GOP senators say they won't fast track passage of the bill unless a drafting error is fixed  

From CNN's Ted Barrett and Manu Raju

Three GOP senators say "a massive drafting error in the current version of the coronavirus relief legislation could have devastating consequences: Unless this bill is fixed, there is a strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work.” 

“We must sadly oppose the fast-tracking of this bill until this text is addressed, or the Department of Labor issues regulatory guidance that no American would earn more by not working than by working," Sens. Tim Scott, Ben Sasse and Lindsey Graham said in a written statement. 

What this means: CNN is reaching out to their offices for details of what the error is. But this could mean the bill can’t pass the Senate today because they would block unanimous consent for a quick vote.

Let me take a wild guess here that there is no error. Let's say someone makes min wage, $10/hr that's 400 per week.

The bill is adding $600 per week to whatever people would get which means unemployment would pay more. And that's what these small hearted cretins object to.

In my opinion the problem is the min wage. 

Of course, I could be wrong. 

****All this means is they now have to go 30 hours before taking the vote. 

• Facepalm 1

One of the Final Five..........

11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

There is no world where a "divorce" would be better.  

You think we can keep going on like this with this divisiveness, and hate in our country. It has to stop at some point or we will ultimately get divorced. 

22 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I hope we do too. The 1st thing I'll do is form a militia and take the phooking place over.  Buncha unarmed lefty pussies wouldn't stand a chance

• Haha 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

14 hours ago, sean327 said:

This is exactly the shit I’m worried about when this ends. This great Republic is in serious trouble.

+100

I see you and various others here in the same light as I've seen lawlorfaithful for many months. Although you guys lean right politically whereas I lean left, we're moderates who are open to considering the opinions of others. However, for the several years I've participated in this forum to varying degrees there has always been a small cadre of folks who seem to accept everything the Republican Party or Democratic Party tells them. Such immediate acceptance of the party line is becoming increasingly dangerous as the leaders seem more and more interested in trying to make the other side look bad than in compromising so as to do what's best for our country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantFan said:

+100

I see you and various others here in the same light as I've seen lawlorfaithful for many months. Although you guys lean right politically whereas I lean left, we're moderates who are open to considering the opinions of others. However, for the several years I've participated in this forum to varying degrees there has always been a small cadre of folks who seem to accept everything the Republican Party or Democratic Party tells them. Such immediate acceptance of the party line is becoming increasingly dangerous as party leaders seem more and more interested in trying to make the other side look bad than in compromising so as to do what's best for our country.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

OMG, that’s the funniest shit I’ve read in a long time. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, bornontheblue said:

You think we can keep going on like this with this divisiveness, and hate in our country. It has to stop at some point or we will ultimately get divorced. 

Why do you think that? Do you think that we really have more divisiveness than the '60s? Furthermore, what do you think a "divorce" would look like? What do you think would happen to the areas that were "divorced"?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.