bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

22 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

The lefties that are actually serious should probably take a look at the last 40 years for Quebec.  It is a really, really bad assumption to think all of your best companies are going to leave with you.  

It's not just the lefties. The righties are always talking about it, too. If Trump loses in November, states  like Alabama and Mississippi will start their own secession movement, as we saw in 2012. It's pure fantasy by people who can't stand that people in this world think differently from them. 

22 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

The lefties that are actually serious should probably take a look at the last 40 years for Quebec.  It is a really, really bad assumption to think all of your best companies are going to leave with you.  

Let @halfmanhalfbronco and I be perfectly clear. The only justifiable reason or purpose for secession or leaving a current state to join another is for better access and open celebration of fingersteaks and fry sauce. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

You willing to go to a bloody war over rural Oregon, and Washington. This is all hypothetical of course but ,  but we are nearing that point where a divorce may be what we need. Let em go 

My man any secessionist movement is utterly doomed by water rights. Educate yourself. 

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

My man any secessionist movement is utterly doomed by water rights. Educate yourself. 

This. It's why the state of Jefferson thing here is so dumb. Not cuz california is governable as it is but because the canal system has made it indivisible.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

I'll be curious how this plays out for blended families. 

Only the person who gets to claim the child on their income tax form gets the $500? I know lots of people who share custody 50/50, but for whatever reason one claims them and the other can't. Some people alternate years on claiming.

That could be messy. 

Most guys get phucked over by the courts and the IRS. This will be no different.

110926run_defense710.jpg

6 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This. It's why the state of Jefferson thing here is so dumb. Not cuz california is governable as it is but because the canal system has made it indivisible.

Fingersteaks + fry sauce > water

6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Fingersteaks + fry sauce > water

Does fry sauce got electrolytes?

• Haha 4

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Does fry sauce got electrolytes?

It’s got everything to make you happy brother. Everything.

Fry sauce is king: Here is its kingdom.

IMG_4982.jpg

• Cheers 1

Im a ranch man myself.

47 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Let @halfmanhalfbronco and I be perfectly clear. The only justifiable reason or purpose for secession or leaving a current state to join another is for better access and open celebration of fingersteaks and fry sauce. 

I agree. There is no justifiable reason or purpose. And I will take up arms with my neighbors against our fry sauce-drunken eastern aggressors to ensure they remain free from a lifetime of mediocre culinary options.

• Angry 1

44 minutes ago, retrofade said:

This is just petty. Hey tens of thousands of workers in the hospitality industry, welcome to unemployment because we don’t like your boss. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

We're winning! USA USA USA!

:(

I’d like to see those on a per capita basis.  Bet we aren’t close to the top then. 

• Like 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I agree. There is no justifiable reason or purpose. And I will take up arms with my neighbors against our fry-sauce drunken eastern aggressors to ensure they remain free from a lifetime of mediocre culinary options.

Let. My. People. Go.

10 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Holy Shit, maybe our food supply chain is not as secure and reliable as we thought.  Plus it is close to home for me.  Frito-Lay closing the local plant because everyone plays have symptoms, 600 people affected. Hope to reopen, they will be paid in full up to 12 weeks.

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/frito-lay-plant-in-modesto-shuts-down-after-several-employees-show-symptoms-of-covid-19/

A couple of days ago a Frito-Lay plant in Georgia also had employees who were exposed to COVID-19 but showed no symptoms.

https://wgxa.tv/news/local/two-frito-lay-plant-employees-potentially-exposed-to-coronavirus