bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

5 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Petition? Sure thing. If by petition you mean go to a bloody war, then yeah, they’ll petition.

You willing to go to a bloody war over rural Oregon, and Washington. This is all hypothetical of course but ,  but we are nearing that point where a divorce may be what we need. Let em go 

This is really interesting.

BioMedomics, Inc., a small research and development firm in Research Triangle Park, created one of the world's first rapid tests to detect COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The test only requires a small blood sample and can deliver results within 15 minutes.

"I think this type of test certainly is a game changer," Kent Lupino, Director of Marketing & Product Management, tells ABC11. "Antibody-based rapid tests like ours are well-suited for initially screening patients at the point-of-care, because they are fast and don't require any laboratory equipment to conduct the test."

How it works is a big part of why it's fast: instead of trying to detect the virus' genetic signature, or RNA, the BioMedomics test measures how the patient's body is reacting to the virus. In other words, it checks whether the body's immune system is reacting to the virus - or something else.

However, this part is absurdly ridiculous.

The rapid test has already proven valuable overseas, as sales to China's CDC has topped 500,000 units since January; the company is also shipping tests to South Korea, Thailand, India, Latin America, Europe and Africa.

In the United States, only this month have federal regulators amended guidelines to allow BioMedomics to market the rapid test nationwide.

https://abc11.com/health/nc-startup-creates-test-that-diagnoses-covid-19-in-15-minutes/6046726/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

This is really interesting.

However, this part is absurdly ridiculous.

https://abc11.com/health/nc-startup-creates-test-that-diagnoses-covid-19-in-15-minutes/6046726/

The FDA red tape surrounding emergency response is ridiculous. 

If there is a positive in this whole disaster it’s that medical innovation and emergency mobilization should significantly improve.

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

You willing to go to a bloody war over rural Oregon, and Washington. This is all hypothetical of course but ,  but we are nearing that point where a divorce may be what we need. Let em go 

I am surrounded by rural Oregon and I know nobody here wants to join Idaho. one of my closest friends in the world is a wheat farmer in rural oregon. He’s a sixth generation Oregonian and he wants nothing to do with Idaho. There is no consensus. It’s a pipe dream for knuckleheads on the far left and right to lather themselves up about. But if it became real, it would be bloody.

though you guys can have Ontario and Klamath falls.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I am surrounded by rural Oregon and I know nobody here wants to join Idaho. one of my closest friends in the world is a wheat farmer in rural oregon. He’s a sixth generation Oregonian and he wants nothing to do with Idaho. There is no consensus. It’s a pipe dream for knuckleheads on the far left and right to lather themselves up about. But if it became real, it would be bloody.

Might want to bring this up to @SleepingGiantFan, @Billings, and @renoskier (NV-D) too. I mean, they pretty much opened the door to this discussion. Lol

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Might want to bring this up to @SleepingGiantFan, @Billings, and @renoskier (NV-D) too. I mean, they pretty much opened the door to this discussion. Lol

I’ve made the joke in the past, too, But We’re not seceding. and if we tried it would be anything but easy. it would spark a civil war. We kind of have a historical playbook to go on here. And the idea that it’s just a matter of a few votes is nonsense.

Oregon isn’t splitting either. Rural Oregonians want better for their families than to join a state where the pinnacle of its culinary artistry is ketchup-flavored mayonnaise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I’ve made the joke in the past, too, But We’re not seceding. and if we tried it would be anything but easy. it would spark a civil war. We kind of have a historical playbook to go on here. And the idea that it’s just a matter of a few votes is nonsense.

Oregon isn’t splitting either. Rural Oregonians want better for their families than to join a state where the pinnacle of its culinary artistry is ketchup-flavored mayonnaise.

You bastard. WAR!!!!!!!!!   

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I will cut you.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

75k for single with no kids.  150k for married individuals and it’s 112k for head of household. 

I'll be curious how this plays out for blended families. 

Only the person who gets to claim the child on their income tax form gets the $500? I know lots of people who share custody 50/50, but for whatever reason one claims them and the other can't. Some people alternate years on claiming.

That could be messy. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

The lefties that are actually serious should probably take a look at the last 40 years for Quebec.  It is a really, really bad assumption to think all of your best companies are going to leave with you.  

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

I'll be curious how this plays out for blended families. 

Only the person who gets to claim the child on their income tax form gets the $500? I know lots of people who share custody 50/50, but for whatever reason one claims them and the other can't. Some people alternate years on claiming.

That could be messy. 

It’ll probably be whoever claimed the kid in 2018. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

One provision, according to a Schumer aide, would bar businesses controlled by real estate mogul Trump and his family, Vice President Mike Pence, members of Congress and heads of executive branch departments from receiving loans or investments from Treasury Department programs.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-congress/u-s-congress-negotiators-reach-deal-on-2-trillion-coronavirus-aid-package-idUSKBN21B18D

Good. 

• Like 3